“New Year in Virginia Beach” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #43 of 115 hotels in Virginia Beach

492 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Duluth, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

This was my first stay at the Best Western Oceanfront and I was very impressed by everything the hotel had to offer. The rooms were extremely clean, the staff were very polite and helpful, and the breakfast buffet was good. I loved the beautiful views of the ocean. When I am back in VA I will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Vero Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We chose this hotel for the price and centrally located on oceanfront for Christmas stay being there wasn't enough room at daughters home for us. Enjoyed watching cars drive boardwalk for Christmas lights display. Rooms were comfortable. Appears they have been remodeled recently. Beds were great and room very clean. The grand kids enjoyed the heated closed in pool. Best part of our stay when not at daughters home was the free full course breakfast buffet! Excellent food and variety. The chef and staff was right there making sure you had everything you needed. Very personable. As much traveling as we have done, we have never experienced hotel quality service in "continental style" breakfast before. If we are ever in this area again needing a place to stay, we will stay here.

Room Tip: We stayed on 3rd floor but should have stayed higher or view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Wheeling, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I made reservations (through AAA) for this location, since I am a BWRewards member, a AAA member, and the website indicated all rooms are oceanview. This was to be my first beach trip in 10 years. However, trying to be frugal (and save my extra cash for really good food), I booked a double instead of a king. THOSE rooms are across the street. And up an elevator (in the parking garage) to only PART way to the room. The luggage and stuff had to be lugged (is that how 'luggage' got its name???) up 2 sets of steps. The double room was, um.....well, not very nice. I burst into tears.

I called the front desk, and didn't get ANY help. I called AAA, and tried to get help from them. THEY called the front desk....nothing they could do, they said. My best friend and her husband, unbeknownst to me, were begging with the concierge to help us get a room in the main part of the hotel. Bam! Mission accomplished! Concierge felt sorry for me and my husband, so she worked with us to get us a room in the OCEANFRONT hotel. We would have to move after 2 nights, but that also worked in our favor. The person who booked our room cancelled, so we stayed in the room.

Now...different story. New chapter. The OCEANFRONT hotel is really nice. The room was lovely, clean, and everything we wanted. The breakfast buffet was good (not well laid out, but the food was good). The pool was across the street. Parking was iffy (again, across the street in a garage). Elevator was slow and creaky.

For Best Western to maintain the integrity of this hotel, they really need to upgrade the rooms across the street. But, after all the drama, all the tears...it all worked out, and I was happy for 4 days!

Room Tip: ALWAYS go with the oceanfront, king rooms!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Linden, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We were looking for someplace to stay for a long weekend, and this was just the place. We were on the 6th floor oceanfront. The holiday light show was going on, so at night we could watch the lights and the cars driving up the boardwalk. During the day, we could sit on the balcony and watch the ocean. It is a wonderful experience. Every employee we encountered during our stay was very friendly and helpful. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms are oceanfront, and as far as I'm concerned, that's what you would be lo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Oceanfront Virginia Beach? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about BEST WESTERN PLUS Oceanfront Virginia Beach

Address: 2809 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA 23451-3029
Location: United States > Virginia > Virginia Beach
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#27 On the Beach Hotel in Virginia Beach
#31 Romantic Hotel in Virginia Beach
Hotel Class:3 star — BEST WESTERN PLUS Oceanfront Virginia Beach 3*
The BEST WESTERN PLUS offers several types of accommodations from which to choose. Enjoy a stunning view from one of our 166 oceanfront rooms with private balconies, double- or king-size beds and optional jacuzzi. Easy beach access is also available from our location right across the street, our non-oceanfront rooms feature 40 rooms with double-size beds as well as eight two-room suites with one queen bed. All rooms are non-smoking and provide refrigerators, coffee makers and complimentary wireless service for your added convenience.One parking space available per reserved room ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Venere, Tingo, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Agoda so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Oceanfront Virginia Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Plus Oceanfront Virginia Beach Hotel Virginia Beach
Best Western Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach Best Western

If you own or manage BEST WESTERN PLUS Oceanfront Virginia Beach, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.