I made reservations (through AAA) for this location, since I am a BWRewards member, a AAA member, and the website indicated all rooms are oceanview. This was to be my first beach trip in 10 years. However, trying to be frugal (and save my extra cash for really good food), I booked a double instead of a king. THOSE rooms are across the street. And up an elevator (in the parking garage) to only PART way to the room. The luggage and stuff had to be lugged (is that how 'luggage' got its name???) up 2 sets of steps. The double room was, um.....well, not very nice. I burst into tears.
I called the front desk, and didn't get ANY help. I called AAA, and tried to get help from them. THEY called the front desk....nothing they could do, they said. My best friend and her husband, unbeknownst to me, were begging with the concierge to help us get a room in the main part of the hotel. Bam! Mission accomplished! Concierge felt sorry for me and my husband, so she worked with us to get us a room in the OCEANFRONT hotel. We would have to move after 2 nights, but that also worked in our favor. The person who booked our room cancelled, so we stayed in the room.
Now...different story. New chapter. The OCEANFRONT hotel is really nice. The room was lovely, clean, and everything we wanted. The breakfast buffet was good (not well laid out, but the food was good). The pool was across the street. Parking was iffy (again, across the street in a garage). Elevator was slow and creaky.
For Best Western to maintain the integrity of this hotel, they really need to upgrade the rooms across the street. But, after all the drama, all the tears...it all worked out, and I was happy for 4 days!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN PLUS at the Oceanfront offers several types of accommodations to choose from. Our non-smoking hotel has stunning views from the private balconies of our oceanfront rooms overlooking the boardwalk. Easy beach access is also available from our adjacent non-oceanfront room location across the street which features double-size beds as well as eight two-room suites with one queen bed. All rooms include microwaves, refrigerators, coffee makers and complimentary wireless internet service for your added convenience. Complimentary breakfast is also included in as well! Please note: One parking space is available per reserved room. We hope you will come and experience a wonderful vacation with us soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Best Western, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Oceanfront Virginia Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Oceanfront Virginia Beach Hotel Virginia Beach
- Best Western Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Best Western