“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Oakville, Canada
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Good Value. room a bit small and showing its age. However all rooms have a balcony overlooking the beach. Parking is free but tight. There is an over-flow parking garage across the street. The resturant stop serving breakfast at 9 am which is too early for vacationers.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
indianapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

We stayed here the first time we went to Va beach. It was a pretty nice stay. It was a bit pricey for the room but we had a nice oceanfront view. Overall it was a good experience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Gretna, Nebraska, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

We stayed here for a wedding and I was somewhat alarmed by the reviews I had read. There was a snafu on our name and with our credit card but once we worked thru that our stay was very pleasant. This is definitely not a luxury hotel but I wasn't expecting that. Clean rooms, plenty of towels adequate breakfast

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

I stayed here in May 2012. The hotel is clean and right on the beach. Just make sure you ask for the oceanfront hotel. the staff was very friendly. Nice to have breakfast included. This is not a luxury hotel. It is a clean place for a family that wants to be right at the beach.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

I booked for an overnight stay for mother's day hoping to find some relaxation but as soon as we got there, the unfriendly female receptionist told me that we were actually booked in the non oceanfront which was right across the street, the more horrible building. I asked if I could move to the newer building she said they are fully booked but if I want she can check me out and find another place to stay sarcastically.Since we had no choice we decided to just accept it. When we got to the room, the light switch wasn't working, the tv cable connection was broken, the sink is clogged and the bed sheets have stains. I paid 134 plus taxes and fees and it was not a dollar worth for this hotel at all.I shall never stay in this hotel ever again! never on any best western hotel!

• Stayed May 2012
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

Definitely unhappy. Booked several months ago in the OCEANFRONT, well in advance of the season and received a great rate. Best Western charged as a reservation fee, one nights charge, so little recourse but to take what ws offered. Since I was in town when I made the reservation, even went by and looked at the hotel and talked to the staff. Oops facing the ocean, clean rooms and friendly staff. Imagine my surprise when I arrived to check in and was told I was across the street in a newly renovated old motel.instead of the ocean, I was in a room that they built their parking garage around. Yes, the beach is nearby, yes, the room(s) were OK but given 2 miles of hotels on the beach and the rate wasnt that good, I would have chosen a different hotel. I think the real answer was they bumped their prepaid room out of the main hotel to accommodate the 5 bus loads that arrived the same day I did. Never again.

Stayed May 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

When reservation made was shown picture of beautiful building across street. Called week before to confirm reservation and was told my room was not in main building, was not told it was in broken down hole across street. Old nasty motel, very seedy and smelled like smoke. When I complained, desk guy could care less. Don't book room here!

• Stayed May 2012

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Oceanfront Virginia Beach? Share your experiences!