“Good, but not Great Thai” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Good, but not Great Thai”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

My wife and I have eaten here twice and both times have enjoyed the food but not been wowed by it. We love Thai and always try to find new Thai restaurants wherever we move. The food at Tida Thai has been consistently decent, although their Pad Thai was extremely bland both times I ordered it which to me is the most basic and essential Thai dish there is. The Green curry was excellent though and I highly recommend that. Prices are very reasonable. Still looking for a better Thai restaurant in the VA Beach area but for now Tida Thai is the winner.

• Visited October 2013

Chesapeake, Virginia
“Another of several Tida Thai locations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

This was our second visit to a Tida Thai. Like the other we have visited, this one is location in a shopping center. The building is average with booths and a small bar in the back.

My wife ordered Shrimp Kapaw ($8.95) and I ordered Drunken Noodles with Pork ($6.95). Both came with a small salad. Apparently, a special was on and we also received an order of Fried Wontons, at no charge. The Drunken Noodles were listed with the customary little pepper to indicate it was spicy and it was. But with several years in Asia behind me, it was not too hot for my taste. My wife’s Shrimp Kapaw was not as spicy, but she felt the sauce was a little too salty for her taste. I enjoyed both dishes and prices are very good.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Very enjoyable dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

We visited; our second time, for dinner on a Thursday. Both of us started with Tom Kha soup; one with chicken and one with seafood. I thought the soup was great but the wife did not care for it. She's not really a Thai type person. She had the Pad Pak again and thinks it is fantastic, she really enjoys the brown sauce. This time I had the Red Curry with seafood. I thought the coconut made the broth too sweet. I had never had Thai Curry before for so I didn't know what I was going to get. I thought it was very good though; just my taste was put off by the sweetness. They offered a scale of 1 to 5 for the spicy heat ratio, I had a 1 and it was not too hot. My time before I was not offered a choice and order straight from menu and was sweating during the meal. The only down side I have with place is the seating; it's all "booth" type except one side has a booth back and chairs facing. Overall we very much enjoyed our meals. The service was excellent. I'm sure we will visit again.

• Visited January 2014
“Great Thai”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I will say this was my first trip to a Thai restaurant in VA. Have been to one in NYC before so didn't really know what we were in for here.
I will say the waiter was very attentative and professional. Always there to refresh our drinks and asked if all was okay.
Our food was delicious and more than we could eat. I had the Healhty Ginger w Chicken that was great and my husband ordered Pad Thai. The prices aren't bad either for the amount of food you get.
We will definately return.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Very Good Thai food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I've been to Thailand twice so I really enjoy a decent Thai meal. Tida Thai provided just that! There were 7 of us for dinner, the service was spotless, the portions were ample and the food was very good! I always enjoy a good Massaman Curry dish and they make it very well. Many people watch out for the dishes that are marked spicy and shy away from them, this one is marked with a pepper but it it's not really very hot, if your leery of spicy food, try this one anyway.

Visited October 2013