“I'm COMPLETELY done with DAYS INN” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #55 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
“I'm COMPLETELY done with DAYS INN”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

DO NOT BOOK ONLINE UNLESS YOU ARE PREPARED TO HAVE A DEPOSIT CHARGED TO YOUR CARD IMMEDIATELY WITHOUT WARNING. APPARENTLY THEY HAVE NOT UPDATED THEIR WEBSITE TO REFLECT THIS PARTICULAR LOCATION REQUIRES A DEPOSIT.

A couple months back I booked their Lake George location in upstate NY and was told no deposit was required. So after searching the website and not seeing anywhere that my card would be charged, I made the reservation. I checked the conformation screen to be sure my card wasn't being charged. Only to have my card charged for $126 without any warning or consent. There is NOWHERE on your site does it state my card would be charged. I went back and scouted the terms and conditions and FAQs. It only stated one night would be charged if there was no cancellation. This is the second complaint I have had to lodge with this hotel chain. Lake George was abysmal in February and their other locations have even worse reviews. Don't bother with any Days Inn anywhere. I could have let them keep the money and kept the reservation, however I refused to be further inconvenienced by the hotel itself once we arrived.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
South Riding, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

The best thing about this hotel is the ocean! We stayed here to visit a student in a nearby college. The rooms were spacious and clean with very comfortable beds. The rooms are a little outdated cosmetically but with the ocean so close you shouldn't spend much time inside. A continental breakfast was provided with juice, coffee, cereal bagels and fruit (avoid the egg & cheese omelette). There are two areas with seating for breakfast and one area faces the beach. The view was beautiful in the morning while enjoying a cup of coffee. The hotel also has a small heated indoor pool. The staff were helpful and pleasant. The rates are very reasonable for oceanfront. We stayed during the off season. The rates may be significantly different during peak season so check pricing. if you enjoy being on the oceanfront, shopping, bars and restaurants this is the place. The down side - there's construction nearby with lots of dust. The property's on site parking area also fills up quickly. There's additional parking offsite about a block away. The off site parking is free with a hotel parking pass and not an inconvenience unless the weather is bad. I enjoyed my stay and plan to stay again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I will never stay here again... Felt like I was in jail told me I could not have 'boys' in my room did not let me know that we could not have a guest in the room point blank period if I had known this when I booked the room I would have never stayed there. I had to give my name and room number crossed off the list just to get on the elevator bc THEY LOCKED THE STAIRWELL UMM FIRE HAZARD MAYBE?!! I will definitely never stay here again felt like a $500 jail stay not a vacation

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here for a night and enjoyed every bit of it.
Had a nice ocean front room and it was very clean.
The staff was helping and breakfast was nice too.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had a very nice stay at Days Inn Virginia Beach. The hotel room was very large with 2 queen size beds and a working bathroom. Our view was of Atlantic Avenue which during the off season was fine. However if you have children it will not be the best side of the hotel as you can hear people on Atlantic Avenue.
The breakfast included in the stay was loaded with options and all the food was hot. The hotel itself was clean and the staff were all very courteous.

Detroit
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had a wonderful time during my stay at ocean front Days Inn Virginia Beach. The staff was excellent, the location was great, and the rooms were adequate. My only complaint was the complimentary breakfast. It was the same all three days and there was no meat provided (bacon, sausage, etc..) Only cheese omelets, oatmeal, cakes/muffins, and cereal. And there was no waffle maker, which now-a-days is standard.

A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The gentlemen that work the breakfast was very very rude toward customers. I had to confront him. This gentlemen as far as I'm concerned should be fired no questions asked. There are two of them and it was not the tall skinny one name Da.
Two don't offer free wifi when it's program if one chooses to see video it automatically drops you.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Been to Days Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!