“A little beach gem!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 19 Atlantic Hotel

You added 19 Atlantic Hotel to your Saves list
19 Atlantic Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   203 19th St., Virginia Beach, VA 23451 (Northeast Virginia Beach)   |
Ranked #68 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Virginia
“A little beach gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Hadn't been to Virginia Beach in forever, and friends had cautioned me to try and stick close to the residential area if taking a day trip. Wanting to stay overnight for a concert, however, my college roommate and I were seeking a last-minute vacancy on an otherwise peak-season Friday night. We came upon 19 Atlantic, and took the 2 double bed room @ $179/night. When we arrived, we were excited to see that the hotel was directly across the street from the beach (and easy beach access path), but the exterior of the hotel was not exactly exciting...what were we getting ourselves into?

BOY WERE WE SURPRISED as we entered the lobby - small, but fresh and inviting. We were pleasantly greeted by the receptionist, Santiago, and he was able to arrange for a room even though @ 10 a.m., we'd arrived many hours ahead of the 4:00 check in time. We went up to our 2nd floor room and felt like we'd stumbled fortuitously upon a boutique hotel. Our room was crisp, clean, cool, inviting with the blue/green accents on the crisp white cotton duvet . I HATE hotel comforters and blankets because we all know they NEVER get washed...but NO WORRIES at 19 Atlantic!! The down comforter was enveloped in a fresh white cotton duvet...comfy and worry-free sleeping all night!

The hotel features a private roof deck for the guests, but we did not take advantage because we spent the evening at a nearby concert (11 miles from the VA Beach Farm Bureau Ampitheater). The adjacent parking lot is small, but we were able to park there upon arrival. When we returned from the concert late night, we were able to park in the hotel's secondary lot located just a quick 2 block walk up the street; our parking pass allowed us worry-free parking in both lots.

Complimentary coffee of all varieties was available in the lobby at our convenience. The room was equipped with a great TV, lamp with outlets in the base for charging your phone, a microwave and large bar fridge/freezer, tidy/modern (small, but clean) bathroom with plenty of towels, and AN ENTIRELY SMOKE-FREE ENVIRONMENT!!!! ($250 fine for any smoking in hotel!).

WE LOVED IT and will definitely go back for our next visits to VAB.

Room Tip: (sorry, accidentally clicked "restaurant" but there is none. Plenty of food and shopping...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Atlantic 19 hotel over the weekend. My wife planned the trip and she raved about how nice the hotel looked via their website. I was really excited because the pictures made this hotel look artsy, modern and simply stunning. When we arrived I thought maybe we were at the wrong hotel, I really had to double check the gps to make sure it guided us to the right location. When we realized it was the location we laughed as we could not believe how run down it looked from the outside. The lobby was very small and was not very lit. The rooms were set up a bit strange. I tripped everytime I had to enter the bathroom because the bathroom seemed higher than the flooring. Strange I know. I just felt it was a bit pricey for what they offer. The location was great however I felt a bit disappointed by the staffs ability to make us feel comfortable. They didnt want to give us extra soap until my wife practically begged them too. I couldnt believe the service. This hotel was just ok. My advice is to just go to a holiday Inn or something because you will probably get better service and your pockets will be smiling as well.

• Stayed June 2013
Charlottesville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have never had a reason to write a review, let alone a TERRIBLE one until staying at this dump! I booked a room for my best friend and I and her son (3) people. Room with double bed and pull out sofa. Room #225.

For starters, the safety lock hinge on the door was broken; the room had multiple stains on the ceiling tiles, several "overcoats" of paint here and there throughout the room. The carpet was was peeling/pulling up at the door thresholds. No fan for the bathroom (steam or someone going ... well you can imagine!). Okay, so that's all stuff you can kinda overlook for a nights rest.

But there is NO REST at this place. There is some sort of HVAC unit right above the bed. It let out a very loud vibration sound every 20-30 seconds all night long (I even recorded it, but can't figure out how to upload SOUND to this site). The next morning, we spoke to some guests staying across the hall, two doors down. Not only did their unit make this same noise all night long, they had "dueling banjos" because, they could hear the one in the room below them.

If that wasn't enough, the front desk called our room at 12:57AM Yes!!!! at 1AM to ask us to, and I quote, "please adjust the thermostat to the snowflake setting" ... I even asked twice to be certain I was hearing what they said. Yes, adjust our thermostat. At 1AM.

One final experience. We needed to use their "guest laundry" ... were even going to drop the $1.75 for a single dryer load. But we couldn't get INTO the laundry area.

Seriously, save your money. You would get more rest (and quiet waves lulling you to sleep) out on one of those park benches on the boardwalk. NEVER again!

Pictures included,
Melissa Simmons

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I spent a week here on vacation. I had a second floor room right above Atlantic ave. Its an older hotel that has been remodeled, for the price of the room, I am happy with what I got. The place is clean, staff is friendly, and location is right in the heart of all of the action. After seeing all of the other hotels in town, I was very happy with the 19 Atlantic hotel for its price, conditions, location, and convenience. I would stay here again and recommend this hotel to family and friends.

Room Tip: I highly recommend asking for a room with a view of Atlantic ave. And if you don't have the view...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Normally, I dont write reviews... But I felt compelled to comment on this hotel. PERFECT location and AMAZING staff... The room was clean and the bed was amazing... The General Manager was very hands on. He truly amazed me with his willingness to serve.... I would definitely stay at this hotel again... Good things come in small packages...

• Stayed May 2013
19atlantic, General Manager at 19 Atlantic Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon for another great experience.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

I booked the room Via Hotels.com. Pictures appeared nice and reviews were mixed. I wanted to be close to the beach and this hotel is very close. What you sacrifice for that is having to park three blocks from the hotel. They don't mention that on hotels.com. The room is also half the size of an average hotel room. They also failed to tell me my room had no window! I honestly felt like I was staying in a walk in closet. This is a zero thrills hotel....No pool..No breakfast... No fitness center.... No business lounge... Nothing! Also, the ac worked well but was extremely loud.
This is a hotel for late teens or those in there early twenties who just want a place to crash after partying.
I've made the mistake before of not staying at a major chain hotel. I won't make it again.

• Stayed May 2013
We apologize that our hotel did not meet your standards. The 19 Atlantic Hotel offers a relaxing sundeck on the 3rd floor, free parking, unbeatable location, and quality customer service. We are proud to be an independently owned, unique boutique.
Fredericksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

The Hotel staff was super friendly. Our room was small as mentioned by other reviewers, but perfect for our short visit. The bedroom and bathroom smelled fresh and couldn't have been cleaner. Water pressure was better than most beach resorts. Location was perfect. We will stay at this hotel again on future visits.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
We greatly appreciate your feedback. The quality of service from our staff is something we take great pride in, and we look forward to having you with us again.

Been to 19 Atlantic Hotel? Share your experiences!