“Don't overlook this hotel; it's wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 19 Atlantic Hotel

You added 19 Atlantic Hotel to your Saves list
19 Atlantic Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   203 19th St., Virginia Beach, VA 23451 (Northeast Virginia Beach)   |
Ranked #67 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Charleston, West Virginia
“Don't overlook this hotel; it's wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at the 19 Atlantic in May 2010 for a four-day trip to Virginia Beach. I originally chose the hotel because the reviews seemed great and the price was right for us -- and I wasn't disappointed!

To be honest, I loved pretty much everything about the hotel. It's unique, in a great location, the rooftop deck is wonderful, the rooms are EXTREMELY clean and the decor is very fresh and relaxing. We requested a queen room with a window and ended up staying in a corner room near the back of the hotel and we had windows in our room and our bathroom. Based on reviewer photos, I would say that the corner rooms are much more spacious than the regular ones, so when you call and book, see if they have any available (I will try to find my pictures and post them on here later).

The only downsides to the hotel are that the parking lot is small (yet we never had trouble finding a place to park), the showers are tiny (it was a bit awkward trying to shave my legs), and if you're looking for a pool or free breakfeast, this place has neither. However, for the quality of rooms and service, if you want to swim you can just walk across the street to the ocean and there are plenty of great, affordable restaurants to pick from for your meals. Overall, this place was a great hidden gem and I will definitely be staying here during future trips to Virginia Beach!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
19atlantic, General Manager at 19 Atlantic Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay and have decided to make the 19 Atlantic Hotel your place of destination for your next trips to Virginia beach. I am very proud of the quality of cleanliness and customer service my staff puts into making this hotel enjoyable for all of our guests.

As per our parking, our secondary lot is more spacious and is able to accommodate larger vehicles. As of now, we do not offer complimentary breakfast, but it will be something we are looking into for the future.

Again, we appreciate your business and hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at 19 Atlantic April 17-20, 2011 and were so happy with our stay! The room was small but clean and had exactly what we needed (microwave, fridge, TV, comfy bed). The hotel's staff were friendly and helpful. The parking lot was easy to access and find a spot. The prices were reasonable and low despite coming during the area's April vacation. It seemed like the hotel was right in the middle of everything but the noise at night was minimal. If you want to use the internet, you just have to get a USB cord from the front desk (free).
Can't say enough about this hotel, we loved it! Also, the sun deck was wonderful, empty for most of the time, nice view of the ocean, even with the huge hotels across the street! The hotel and the room had a nice quirky, old-time feel to it, whenever we get back to Va Beach, we'll definitely be staying at the 19 Atlantic!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
19atlantic, General Manager at 19 Atlantic Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2011
We appreciate your review of our hotel. It is rewarding to all our staff members that our guests have a positive stay. We feel we have a prime location being in the middle of beach street USA and just across the street to the beach. As mentioned, all our rooms come equipped with a mini refrigerator/micro wave and free internet access with a complimentary Ethernet cable. I do hope your travel plans brings you back to the 19 Atlantic Hotel.
Manhattan, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

We stayed at 19 Atlantic Hotel April 14th - 16th and had a great stay. The hotel and room were really clean and the staff was very helpful. Natalie helped us out with dinner suggestions as well let us "room shop"..we wanted to upgrade so she let us pick our room:) Also, Santiage, the general manager was very helpful on our departure as well as...(sorry, I forgot your name, you work on Saturday's ) was also very helpful. As they both gave us directions, printed out maps and gave us a VA map! The coffee is very fresh and the parking is really easy and comes with the stay. the weather was not that great for our stay but, when we make it to VA Beach again, we will be staying at 19 Atlantic Hotel!

Room Tip: the room 421
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very pleased to hear you were given the option to choose your room for your upgrade. We strive in providing all our guests outstanding customer service and information needed to make their stay comfortable and accommodating. We look forward to having you stay with us again on your next visit to Virginia Beach.
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

I actually will not be staying at the 19 Atlantic Hotel until June 24, 2011, but I wanted to take the time to provide this pre-trip review because of the OUTSTANDING service provided by Santiago Monzon, General Manager.

I have been searching for weeks trying to find a decent rate at a beach front property in VA Beach. My son, husband and MIL went last year and stayed at the Country Inn & Suites Oceanfront and my son fell in love with VA Beach. So this year the whole family is going right after school lets out. Well June is much more expensive than April when they went during break last year. So Country Inn & Suites was out at well over $200 a night; even though they loved it there. After reading reviews on Tripadvisor, noting the location and talking with a friend who also happened to mention Santiago by name, I decided to make reservation here. I was nervous because everyone noted how small the room were and I have a family of 4 with a tween girl and 5 year old son. I attempted to call their toll free line 3 times and it just rang and rang, no answers. Well now I was really nervous about this "boutique" hotel. I've been unpleasantly suprised before by such establishments, most notably in New Orleans another of our favorite vacation areas.

Anyway, I found the hotel's email address and sent a quick note stating the problem I was having getting through. Santiago emailed back quickly, apologized for the problem which he was unaware of and offered to call me. He found rooms that he said would fit our needs perfectly and offered a nice discount for our trouble and letting him know about a problem. He followed up today to let me know that Verizon was working on their phone lines and to make sure I had receive my confirmation.

They say customer service is dead, but not at the 19 Atlantic at least not with the GM. I am now very much looking forward to my stay at their hotel and am providing this pre-trip review so that anyone else who is on the fence knows that at least they are guaranteed caring staff, if nothing else at the 19 Atlantic.

I'll be sure to follow up with a review after our stay.

Room Tip: Call and speak directly with hotel.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your pre-trip review. I do appreciate the nice comments; you will find the same hospitality and customer service is exhibited with all our staff members. Thank you and we are looking forward to accommodating you and your family.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

Stayed here from 4/15-4/17, and enjoyed every single minute of it!! My cousin and her family had a few little issues with their room but Santiago (who is a wonderful person) did everything to correct the issue, and it worked out even better for them on their room! My husband and I along with our 5 year old son had 1 queen bed room, with a pull out and it was very comfy and cozy for all of us! Very spacious bathroom, loved just walking into the shower! We had a street view so I could see the car show from my window, I loved the fact that we could open up the windows and get the nice ocean air breeze!!!

All the complaints on here about small rooms had me very worried, but Santiago was nice enough to give me a mini tour and I must say...NOT SMALL!! (stop being cheap and pay for a nice size room people and you will have it, you get what you pay for, and it's still cheaper than the other hotels)

The staff, was very helpful with all of my request, and very prompt with delivering! All wonderful people!! Can't wait for a reason to stay again!!

Cudos to the ENTIRE 19 Atlantic hotel staff!!!

(one downfall/helpful idea...pay for a partial covered terrace...kind of sucks if it's raining and you want a cigarette) :-)

Room Tip: Call and speak to a live person, not online
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I’ am pleased to hear that all of your expectations have been met and that you had a positive experience during your stay. It’s great to hear that all of our staff members were accommodating and friendly. We anticipate your return to the 19 Atlantic Hotel for your future travel plans to Virginia Beach.
Toms River, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel. Very quaint to detail, very neat and extremely clean. Staff is very attentive and friendly. Close to beach and nightlife. I will be back here for sure!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
19atlantic, General Manager at 19 Atlantic Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2011
Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. It is very rewarding to hear when our guests have a positive experience, especially when it pertains to the cleanliness of our guest rooms and how friendly and accommodating our staff was. We hope you and your family will stay with us again should your travels bring you back to Virginia Beach.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

My partner and I stayed at 19 Atlantic in August 2010 for a night of fun and a day at the beach. I chose this hotel because it was newly updated, and was impressed by how clean and new it is. And it was about $50 less than the other beachfront hotels we looked at. I have stayed at several hotels in the area and unfortunately found that most are old, run down, outdated, smelly and dirty; no matter what 'chain' they are, or the price. The beach is right across the street, exit the hotel, cross the street, go through a covered walkway and you'r on the boardwalk/ beach. The hotel is right in the middle of the main street for activity. There is no pool, but the rooftop deck is nice. There is a partial view of the ocean from there, and the bust street below. Staff was freindly, fridge and microwave were handy. The room was small as well as the bathroom but very comfortable for two people. Our room had a partial view of the main strip but the room was quiet. The A/C was quiet and worked great (the unit looked new). There was a large closet for all of our stuff. FREE Parking (some hotels here chrge to park) was a small lot that we had no problem getting a spot in- but I can see it might be harder at busy times. Also, for security you have to use a key card to get in the front door of the hotel- so people aren't coming from the beach to use bathrooms, etc... Bottom line- you sacrifice beachfront (but its SO close to the hotel), and amenities like pool, free breakfast or bikes; But having a clean place to sleep (rare in Virginia beach) is totally worth all of that and then some. I loved that the hotel is all newly remodeled with updated fixtures and furniture, and is the cleanest place I have stayed in Virginia Beach. I will be back!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
19atlantic, General Manager at 19 Atlantic Hotel, responded to this review, April 5, 2011
Thank you for the review of your recent stay. We always like to hear when our guests have a positive experience especially when it pertains to the cleanliness of the hotel and the accommodation was worth the price. We are fortunate to have two parking lots where we can guarantee all our guests complimentary parking. We certainly appreciate the time you’ve taken to review our hotel and hope you and your guest will come back to the 19 Atlantic Hotel on your next visit to Virginia Beach.

Been to 19 Atlantic Hotel? Share your experiences!