“Highly recommend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn and Suites Chesapeake

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Virginia Beach
Country Inn and Suites Chesapeake
You added Country Inn and Suites Chesapeake to your Saves list
5808 Burton Station Rd, Virginia Beach, VA (Northwest Virginia Beach)   |
Ranked #76 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Huntsville, Alabama
“Highly recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

This is the second December in a row I have stayed at this hotel, and it will be my first choice again next year because I found it by far the best value for the money. The room was exceptionally clean; the staff was extremely courteous; and the complimentary breakfast was excellent. I have read several comments about the Parking garage and it's low ceiling, and I would like to refute many of them. I found it extremely convenient to park on the same floor as my room and, unlike some reviews I have read, I saw full size trucks, Minivans, and SUVs parked there. It was well-lit and easily accessible.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Commack, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I needed a hotel at the last minute on a Friday for an up coming conference I was to be attending in Virginia Beach on Monday. I contacted the Country Inn & Suites and they were able to accommodate. The person who answered the phone was very helpful and I arrived on Sunday night. The entire staff during my stay was extremely pleasant and personable. The hotel does need some updating, paint, carpets, noisy heater etc and it appears that they are starting to address these issues as some updating was underway in another area of the hotel. The room was comfortable and clean and they gave me an ocean view with a balcony, which was nice. Free internet Is always a plus when traveling on business and there was plenty of parking available in their garage. The cookies at the front desk were a nice touch and excellent and fresh!! The free breakfast is nice and your standard fare, scrambled eggs, waffle station, cereal etc but there was plenty of everything. I was pleasantly surprised with my stay and would definitely recommend and stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: if available I would ask for an ocean view with balcony.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed for one night, on the 4th of July. The room was clean and quiet, the pool was nice, and the hotel staff professional. The only issues we had were water dripping onto our balcony from above, which seemed to be an air conditioning issue, and the cabinet the small refrigerator was in, which desperately needs a vent, as hot air builds up in the cabinet and makes it difficult for the fridge to stay at temp. The hotel is right on the boardwalk, with a beautiful view of the beach and the ocean.

Room Tip: The suites are a good value for the money, providing some privacy for families traveling together.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This place was very clean and the staff was very friendly. They helped my family with directions to restaurants and Ocean Breeze instead of showing me a rack of local attractions. My room was very clean and tidy and the service was excellent for the rate we paid. They also have a great breakfast. My family would stay here again.

Room Tip: Its a very quiet hotel so every room is great! My family had a room near elevators but we couldnt he...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

The hotel is one of the better ones we saw looking on a travelers website.We booked it hoping for the best.The young man at the desk was pleasant and made sure all are needs were met.Upon arriving I went to take a shower and was greeted by somebody elses used soap and shampoo..ugh.After not touching any of my personal products or feet on anything I called the front desk and he immediately sent house keeping(this was late afternoon).The view and most of the staff makes up for the outdated decor and slightly moldy smell.However I had a really rude desk attendant that gave me serious attitude when i asked her to pls send housekeeping..she informed me:you know there aren't available all day"?I responded I know and will the leave the room in 20 mins.She then said " fine what room number are you in?I said I'm not sure..I didnt book the room and wasnt paying attention with my friend glued to me coming in and out.She then said.."how you dont know your room number..cant you just walk outside and go look"?I thought that was odd..since they should see on the switchboard where I'm calling from.Being forced from her rudeness I said I think its 315..and thank you.A minute later she rudely calls me back and in a nasty tone tells me its 415.I was like ok "god bless you"hoping sum jesus might calm her nasty attitude.I think her name was amanda or Allison..anyway stay away from that one.Two stars away for her..she really disgusted my experience here for the rest of the day.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Alberta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Stayed here in February. Nice oceanview room. Had a Suite with a Hide-A-Bed. Opened it to find dirty sheets. The bathroom also lacked cleanliness. There was a maid's rag left hanging on the show rod when we first got there. Sticky counter top around the microwave and somewhat in the bathroom. The rooms have seen better days.

Breakfast was good until overhearing the discussion the food staff was having regarding a B&E in their home and someone with a gun... we're from Canada, not used to that kind of table talk!

Staff was helpful. One thing we didn't realize is how few shops and restaurants are open in the off season - this hotel's restaurant is seasonal. Next time I would stay at a hotel with a year round restaurant.

Room Tip: Oceanside was kinda nice.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Norwalk, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here 2 nights in February during our move. The front desk clerk/night auditor was so friendly and helpful. What a bright smile and it was exactly what I needed after a tough day of moving and car trouble. Our room was quiet and clean. Bed was two doubles and while we would have preferred a king, that's what you get by using Priceline and check in late at night.
Breakfast both days was ample and tasty. No, it was not home made but it was hot and plentiful and of course complimentary. :)
Yes, the parking garage is weird and a little scary because of the low ceiling and weird twists and turns, but there was plenty of parking, it was well lit, and it was free.
Would definitely stay here again if we come to the area again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Inn and Suites Chesapeake? Share your experiences!