“Staff & Lodging” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn and Suites Chesapeake

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Virginia Beach
Country Inn and Suites Chesapeake
You added Country Inn and Suites Chesapeake to your Saves list
5808 Burton Station Rd, Virginia Beach, VA   |
Ranked #75 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Atlanta, Georgia
“Staff & Lodging”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This place was very clean and the staff was very friendly. They helped my family with directions to restaurants and Ocean Breeze instead of showing me a rack of local attractions. My room was very clean and tidy and the service was excellent for the rate we paid. They also have a great breakfast. My family would stay here again.

Room Tip: Its a very quiet hotel so every room is great! My family had a room near elevators but we couldnt he...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

The hotel is one of the better ones we saw looking on a travelers website.We booked it hoping for the best.The young man at the desk was pleasant and made sure all are needs were met.Upon arriving I went to take a shower and was greeted by somebody elses used soap and shampoo..ugh.After not touching any of my personal products or feet on anything I called the front desk and he immediately sent house keeping(this was late afternoon).The view and most of the staff makes up for the outdated decor and slightly moldy smell.However I had a really rude desk attendant that gave me serious attitude when i asked her to pls send housekeeping..she informed me:you know there aren't available all day"?I responded I know and will the leave the room in 20 mins.She then said " fine what room number are you in?I said I'm not sure..I didnt book the room and wasnt paying attention with my friend glued to me coming in and out.She then said.."how you dont know your room number..cant you just walk outside and go look"?I thought that was odd..since they should see on the switchboard where I'm calling from.Being forced from her rudeness I said I think its 315..and thank you.A minute later she rudely calls me back and in a nasty tone tells me its 415.I was like ok "god bless you"hoping sum jesus might calm her nasty attitude.I think her name was amanda or Allison..anyway stay away from that one.Two stars away for her..she really disgusted my experience here for the rest of the day.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Alberta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Stayed here in February. Nice oceanview room. Had a Suite with a Hide-A-Bed. Opened it to find dirty sheets. The bathroom also lacked cleanliness. There was a maid's rag left hanging on the show rod when we first got there. Sticky counter top around the microwave and somewhat in the bathroom. The rooms have seen better days.

Breakfast was good until overhearing the discussion the food staff was having regarding a B&E in their home and someone with a gun... we're from Canada, not used to that kind of table talk!

Staff was helpful. One thing we didn't realize is how few shops and restaurants are open in the off season - this hotel's restaurant is seasonal. Next time I would stay at a hotel with a year round restaurant.

Room Tip: Oceanside was kinda nice.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Norwalk, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here 2 nights in February during our move. The front desk clerk/night auditor was so friendly and helpful. What a bright smile and it was exactly what I needed after a tough day of moving and car trouble. Our room was quiet and clean. Bed was two doubles and while we would have preferred a king, that's what you get by using Priceline and check in late at night.
Breakfast both days was ample and tasty. No, it was not home made but it was hot and plentiful and of course complimentary. :)
Yes, the parking garage is weird and a little scary because of the low ceiling and weird twists and turns, but there was plenty of parking, it was well lit, and it was free.
Would definitely stay here again if we come to the area again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This was a very good hotel in general, located literally on Virginia Beach. There is free car parking at the hotel, with access doors from each level to all floors... this is ideal for parking the car on the level you want without having to wait for lifts to your room floor. The decor throughout the hotel is quite nice, with generally good presentation throughout.

The room key is the keycard type, so quite secure, and in the room a microwave and fridge was provided. The bed is nice and a large TV provided. The view from the room to the beach is excellent, with full size window sliding doors and a good balcony size. The balcony chairs looked a bit cheap and dated, but the room furniture was more than adequate.

The free wifi was fairly fast and connection issues were not a problem. Sadly during one of the days bad weather knocked out the TV signal... this was very disappointing considering that the rain was moderate at least, I would've expected the signal to withstand a minor downpour. The bathroom was in general very good but the base of the bath had seen better days. It wasn't dirty but rather bery worn, it put me off having a bath and instead settled for showers.

Amenities include eateries, souvenir shops and grocery/pharmacy stores. The complimentary breakfast includes self-service breakfast in which you can eat as much as you like. The choice is limited but is reasonably buffet so it should cater for most.

Overall I wouldn't dissuade anybody from staying here, but personally I may see where the grass is greener elsewhere if I stop by VA beach again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Atlanta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

This hotel is advertised as 3*, rates at 3* hotel are about 99.00 per night on low season, I did get the priceline rate. The front desk staff was nice. Room was clean yet it smelled extremely like lemon clorox it was offensive. All Rooms are ocean front. I got a room on the most lower level ( 2nd floor ) The hotel is very old and worn out, clean yet you could hear everything around the room; the hallway on 2nd floor was very worn out, There is no room service, location is B+ close to main square, but super close to boardwalk. Free Parking, no nice shopping nor restaurants close to hotel. I would say this is more like a 2* or 2 1/2* Will not stay again at a 3* advertising. Try to get a room as high as possible (floor-wise) Beach is OK lots of panhandlers. Nice A/C. Room worn,.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Our stay was awesome, we stayed for 4 nights. we reached little early & we were confused whether they agree for early check in or not for that we called Mr. smith he was so polite and humble on phone and he agree for early check in. When we arrived at the beach he himself was present their he attended us and briefed us on everything very nicely and clearly. The most interesting thing about this hotel is they have out sourced restaurant Cafe JAI i.e they have restaurant inside the hotel but it is not governed by the hotel. Hotel have very spacious room at reasonable price. I am very my satisfied.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn and Suites Chesapeake? Share your experiences!