“Average at best” 2 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
North End Pizza
1340 N Great Neck Rd, Virginia Beach, VA 23454 (Northeast Virginia Beach)
(757) 496-0758
Neighborhood: Northeast Virginia Beach
Midlothian, Virginia
“Average at best”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

First, as of Labor Day 2012, they were cash-only at the ice cream counter, no credit cards. I note other reviewers here sometimes say cash only, some say credit cards accepted, but since the pizza and ice cream counters are separate they may have different options.

On to the food. Priced right to get the family filled on hot, NY pizza, by the slice or whole pies. Menu is broad enough to satisfy everyone, pasta, subs, and burgers. Separate ice cream counter with both regular and soft-serve, big banana splits and sundaes. Service - it's a counter place, so as long as someone takes your order and gives you food, there's not much to say about it.

Worthwhile to feed a big group, but there are plenty of other pizzerias nearby, just as good or better. No idea how it got such a high ranking, it's really nothing special.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Montpelier Station, Virginia
“Terrible Customer Service & Long Wait!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Called on a Wed around 7pm & was immediately put on hold. Once on the phone, staff was rude, seemed annoyed that I did not know hotel ph# & not happy in general to take my order. Hung up before I could get total, had to call back to tell them I wanted to pay by ph with my cd, was put on hold again. Told it would be approx 45 mins, it was over an hr. Pizza was good, would have been better if it was somewhat hot though.

Visited August 2012
central, ma.
“Ok for a quick snack but there are better places nearby”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

stopped in for a quick snack after being at the beach for hours. Each ordered a plain slice. They came quickly but were very thin and greasy. We had to use our napkins to soak up the grease on top before we could eat them. The pizza had good taste and came hot. But there are better places nearby.

Visited August 2012
Rockville, Maryland
“They take most credit cards!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We ate there yesterday (8-25-12) and four days this week (multiple times twice!). We just got home to Rockville, Md. The service was great. Maybe they were all cash two years ago when we first came to VA Bch (I dont' remember; I carry cash). But this place is great. My daughter (9) is picky, but she BEGS for their pepperoni pizza. She begged us to go back one more time after we had the car loaded (we were across the street at the Sheraton). I used my Amex for every bill. It didn't appear that they had just gotten credit card access. Everyone on on staff was good to go.

Bottom line: Great NY Pizza, great strombolis, great ice cream parlor, great service. I haven't tasted everything, but I've liked or loved everything I've tasted. If you go to VA Bch and like NY pizza, go here. The staff are great.

Not sure what happened to those who had bad customer service experiences. Ours (over two trips and probably 11 or more interactions) have been consistently excellent.

We hope to revisit many times.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent Delivery to Virginia Beach Hotels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

Holiday Inn North End of Virginia Beach
Arrived late, kids hungry. Called and they accommodated 11:30pm call. Speedy delivery, polite and curtious. Good Value.
Excellent Pizza - thin crusted NYC style.
Excellent fries
VERY GOOD gyro but meat a tad dry
Very good steak and cheese.
I don't rave about pizza but this is really good - probably great right out of oven.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere