“Great girls weekend” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great girls weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

It was a dreary January weekend but the spa facilities made it a fabulous stay. We were 4 girls and stayed in 2 rooms. Booked multiple massages at the spa, spent time at the gym (it was a great facility) and spent lunch at the hotel. Overall really good package.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
FoundersInn, General Manager at The Founders Inn and Spa, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you were able to enjoy the Flowering Almond Spa and enjoy our facilities with your girlfriends. I hope you are able to make this an annual visit with your friends and indulge in the luxury of a spa getaway. We look forward to your next visit.

Sascha Hemmann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Asheville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I have stayed at Founders Inn and Spa four times now because of the convenience to Regent University. It does have elegant furnishings and atmosphere, after that it is only average and maybe not worth the expense. The staff is friendly and a large number of them are Regent University students. The Swan Terrace can be good if the service could match the price of the food. I had Thanksgiving dinner there and the service and food was below average. I did rate them as requested and received an email stating that the manager would be made aware of the details I experienced. The pool and hot tub are not well maintained and they advertise themselves as a spa. No better than a Holiday Inn but more expensive. I may stay there when convenient but will always look for other options.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
FoundersInn, General Manager at The Founders Inn and Spa, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

I apologize, that we did not exceed your expectations on your most recent visit. Our goal at The Founders Inn is to anticipate and accommodate our guest’s needs. I am disappointed that we did not exceed our own goals on your November visit.

I appreciate you taking the time to comment on the difficulties you experienced during your stay with us. We look forward to changing your perception of our property on your next visit.

Pilesgrove, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

What a wonderful long weekend at the Founders Inn and Spa. Our room was spacious, clean and warm with a gas lite fireplace burning as we walked in the door. A very cozy, welcoming feel to an Inn that will transfer you back to a time of eleglance, class and refinement but still warm, friendly and inviting. The atmosphere is relaxing and beautiful. A wonderful retreat.
Had a fantastic pedicure at the spa where you relax in surroundings that will make you forget all your worries or cares. The staff was exceptionally friendly and caring. Had a great dinner in the Swan Restaurant where they had a special of a three course dinner for $20.00. Food was wonderful and very plentiful. Definitely will be back!!

Room Tip: Pick one with a fireplace. Flip a switch and instant coziness!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
FoundersInn, General Manager at The Founders Inn and Spa, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for being a wonderful ambassador for the Founders Inn. We always look forward to welcoming you back upon your arrival. I am pleased you were able to visit for a short retreat and indulge in a treatment at The Flowering Almond Spa and take advantage of the special three course dinner menu at the Swan Terrace. Thank you again for your wonderful review. I am delighted that you found us just as welcoming on your most recent visit as on your first. We look forward to your next visit.

Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My family and I had the pleasure of staying at The Founders Inn and Spa 25-27 Jan. After traveling from Northern Virginia in the horrible weather, it was so comforting to receive a warm welcome when we arrived late that evening. The rooms are welcoming and warm, elegantly furnished and the beds were so comfortable. My son said it was like laying on a bed made of clouds lol. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet which was good, but I wish they a different meat options like turkey sausage, chicken sausage or turkey bacon since everyone does not eat pork. I look forward to staying at the Founders Inn once again on my next trip to the Hampton Roads area. It really felt like home. :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guests,

I am pleased that we could be of comfort to you upon your arrival at The Founders Inn after a long trip in difficult weather conditions. We greatly appreciate your son’s high praises of our cloud like beds. We look forward to hosting you on your next visit to Virginia Beach and will once again welcome you home.

Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I had a lovely stay at The Founders Inn & Spa this past weekend. I just needed to get a way for a couple of days and my room was just what the doctor ordered! The room was beautiful, cozy, beautifully furnished and the grounds were very lovely. I had to ask the Concierge a couple of questions and he was very helpful and pleasant.
The area was very convenient close to the highway and very easy to get to. I would recommend The Founders Inn & Spa in a heartbeat! Looking forward to my next trip to Virginia Beach, I will definintely stay at The Founders Inn again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
FoundersInn, General Manager at The Founders Inn and Spa, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us at The Founders Inn. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future for your next visit to Virginia Beach.

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Spent a girls weekend at the hotel and have to say that the hotel has the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. We all treated ourselves to massages at the Spa and Tonia is the most amazing masseuse - felt like a new person! Overall would recommend this hotel, great bang for your buck and beautiful grounds.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
FoundersInn, General Manager at The Founders Inn and Spa, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am thrilled that you found our hotel beds comfortable and that you continued your relaxation with a visit at The Flowering Almond Spa. I will be certain to pass on your praises to Tonia. I know all our massage therapists do their utmost to ensure that guest unwind and depart pampered and relaxed. We look forward to hosting you on your next girl’s spa weekend.

Best Regards,
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Beautifully decorated and very spacious rooms. The buffet in the Swan Terrace had an abundant selection to choose from whether you wanted a simple continental breakfast or a full buffet with individualized omelets. The staff in the Almond Spa were very professionable and personable. The spa offers a very relaxing environment with knowledgable and caring staff. We were offered robes upon arrival and had warm beverages when our services were complete. Kudos to Tonia for a great facial!!! Great place for a weekend getaway!!

Room Tip: Ask for the fireside rooms and definitely enjoy the spa! Take a stroll around the grounds and enjoy...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to know that Tonia was able to proved excellent service. We are very proud of our spa and hope you will find time in the future to return and indulge and relax with us here at The Founders Inn.

Best Regards,