I have been staying at the Courtyard Marriott South for over 3 years and have averaged over 60 nights per year at this hotel alone. I am a Platinum member with Marriott and am VERY picky as to where I stay whether it be for business or pleasure. There are several other Marriott properties and a hundred other hotels in the area. I have stayed at most of them and the Courtyard South is where I feel most at home.
There are many factors that I consider when choosing where to stay for business and vacation. First of all, the hotel has to be clean. I was stunned to read (in previous reviews) that others found the hotel dirty. Trust me, I am the first one to complain about something and I have NEVER been to this hotel and found things less than spotless. I also like to have a room that is spacious, open, with a comfortable work space and bed. The Courtyard South meets all of these expectations. Wireless internet is prompt and easy to get to. I often joke wih my wife that when I really need a good night sleep, I go to the beach. She doesn't really get a kick out of that, but it is the case. Bedding is comfortable and the mattess is just right for my taste.
If location is important to you, this is the place to be. You are within walking distance of hundreds of restaurants in the area. The boardwalk runs just in front of the hotel and the beach is just on the other side. Beach access is perfect with showers just outside the hotel to rinse your things.
Something to note: Bringing beach chairs can always be a pain. If you find that you overpack and don't have the room for chairs, the hotel does offer beach chair service on the beach. They are always prompt and courteous. There is a small fee for these chairs so keep that in mind - you will find the same thing with the other upscale properties in the area.
Finally, I want to mention the staff of this hotel. The staff is one of the main reasons I continue to return to the Courtyard South. They are very professional and love to interact with the customers. I have yet to stay at a hotel anywhere where I am made to feel so at home. They are dedicated to making each guest's stay comfortable and memorable. That's all I can ask for.
To avoid confusion, there are two Courtyard properties within a mile or so of each other (Courtyard South and Courtyard North). I have stayed at both. Both are nice hotels, but the location of the South property is a better locale. It is closer to the nicer restaurants, bars, and shopping in my opinion. I would highly recommend this property for business or vacation. I have not had one complaint after about 180 nights at this hotel. I'll be happy to answer any questions any readers may have. There are not many hotels that I would offer that for. My wife and I have stayed here for business and pleasure and have had a great experience everytime. Stay here!!! You won't be disappointed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you’re looking for hotels in Virginia Beach, VA, you'll love the spectacular views and location of our Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront South. Our hotel is located along the Virginia Beach boardwalk in the heart of this beachfront resort, minutes from Oceana Naval Air Station and Dam Neck. All of our spacious rooms and suites feature private, furnished balconies with ocean views, comfortable bedding, and complimentary high-speed Internet access. Our Virginia Beach oceanfront hotel also offers one-bedroom suites and Jacuzzi rooms. Drop by our oceanfront cafe for a wonderful breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Enjoy great local events like the Rock n Roll Half Marathon, Boardwalk Art Show, and Neptune Festival. Visit the nearby Virginia Beach Convention Center. Unwind in our indoor pool, whirlpool, or fitness room. If you're planning an event or business retreat, let us know - our largest space hosts up to 60. Few hotels in Virginia Beach, VA can match our great location, so make a reservation today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / South Hotel Virginia Beach
- Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront
- Virginia Beach Courtyard
- Virginia Beach Marriott