“Wonderful stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / South

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / South to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / South
GreenLeadersSilver level
Davenport, Iowa
“Wonderful stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

This was probably THE best hotel experience we've ever had. Every staff member we came across was friendly, professional, and above all they seemed to truly love their job. That in itself is rare. They all greeted us with warm smiles and were genuinely helpful. When my beach towel went MIA from our balcony (lesson learned when it's breezy), the front desk manager actually went around to each staff member she saw and told them if they found a towel it belonged to our room. They even went outside with my daughter to help look for it! (We never found it, but no big deal.) I would most definitely recommend staying here and would stay again myself. Also, the beds were extremely comfortable and the rooms very clean. Overall a really awesome stay!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
ChristopherThiele, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / South, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Thank you for the great comments about our staff and our hotel! I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I’m sorry we were unable to locate your beach towel though – they have a tendency to blow off the balconies if they are hung over the railing to dry, but we’re normally pretty successful at locating them either on another guest’s balcony or in the bushes in front of the hotel ;-). I’m also glad to hear you enjoyed our beds – we recently replaced all the beds in the hotel, and we’ve been receiving many positive comments on them!

I hope we’ll see you on a future trip to Virginia Beach. We look forward to hosting you again at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront South!

458 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Centreville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Very good location, right on the beach. The hotel is nice and clean. The indoor pool is great in case of a little rain. The staff are friendly and helpful.I lost my ring there and the staff really helped me to locate it. They even rooted through the restroom trash can without making me feel like a jerk. We stayed in the "presidential suite" It was very spacious, I think it was 800 Sq ft. It was enough room for 4 adults and 2 kids without feeling cramped.The downside was that the pull out couch isnt that comfortable but I have yet to find a pull out couch that is...We love it there and we are fairly picky.

• Stayed June 2014
ChristopherThiele, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / South, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with other TripAdvisor members! I’m glad to hear we were able to help you retrieve your lost ring. And I’m also happy to hear you enjoyed the room you stayed in. I hope we will see you on a future trip to our area!
Potomac, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I brought 3 teenage girls down to the beach for a quick getaway and booked thru an online travel company who assured me that I would have 2 adjoining rooms. We called on the way down just to make sure everything was ready because we would be arriving late. The supervisor who answered, Crystal, noted that the online company had not booked us as I wished and had us on 2 different floors. She said not to worry. She worked on it and called back about an hour later with 3 different options one of which was 2 adjoining rooms with an oceanfront view! WE were SO relieved because most hotels were booked due to a festival going on called Sandstock that weekend. Not only that but due to the online company's error, she gave us a complementary breakfast the next day which was a wonderful buffet! That started the wonderful stay at this hotel! Everyone there was just so friendly and was very helpful and I wish I could name them all! Just know that when you go here, you are in great hands!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
I’m very happy to hear that Christal was able to take care of you on your recent stay! As a note to other TripAdvisor members, please feel free to contact our hotel in advance of your stay to make sure we have all the information we need to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. Our front desk staff is happy to confirm your reservations and verify all the details. Many times with the online travel agencies, not all the information gets passed along to the hotel, so it’s always best to give us a quick call after making your reservation to make sure we have all the details. Should you have an upcoming reservation that you’d like to verify, please contact us at (757) 491-6222 and we’ll be happy to cover the details with you and confirmation all arrangements.

Thank you again for the great review, and we would love to see you back at our hotel on a future trip to Virginia Beach!
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

First time staying with Courtyard. Very impressed. Good sized suite with kitchen. If they can have even grocery shop for you. Beautiful views and friendly staff. Full breakfast included that you can take back to your room.

• Stayed April 2014
ChristopherThiele, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / South, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you for the nice review! However, I think you may be referencing a stay at the Residence Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront, which has full kitchens in all their suites, and a complimentary hot breakfast each morning. Our Courtyard is very similar – same friendly staff, same great beach location! We offer a paid breakfast buffet each morning, and have a great selection of hot and cold items with table service in our restaurant. We also feature a 24 hour market, which has many grab-and-go choices to keep you energized throughout the day. Either way, I’m glad you enjoyed your stay in the Virginia Beach area – and we hope to see you back in our city again!
Lynchburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

My husband, I, and our 2 daughters all agree that this is our favorite hotel at Virginia Beach - great location - close to restaurants, shopping, centrally located, friendly staff that go above and beyond to be sure you have everything you need and provide the best recommendations, and the amenities - great pool and hot tub! We had a fantastic start to our Summer 2014!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

ChristopherThiele, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / South, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review on our hotel, and I’m happy to hear that you have made Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront South your choice for lodging in our area. It’s great to hear that our team has been taking great care of you, and we look forward to seeing you at our hotel again. I will make sure to share your comments with our staff.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Though I only stayed one night I still, want to thank Jonathan & Erin for accommodating during my stay they both made the visit worth while. And the room and view I had was worth every penny!!!! Thanks you guys.....

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
ChristopherThiele, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / South, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Jonathan & Erin are our customer service superstars! Both of them started working at the hotel this spring, and we couldn’t be happy to have them as part of our team. Thank you for taking time to recognize them for their efforts. I hope that we may see you on a future trip to the beach – Courtyard South is waiting for you to return!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

My husband and I booked this hotel overlooking the beach as part of a 1 week roadtrip. This hotel was our first stop. Unfortunately we did not realize that our booking coincided with the North American Sand Soccer Championships for kids - not our idea of a 1yr anniversary trip. Aimee and Greg were kind enough to allow us to cancel our second night without any penalties, and without giving us a hard time. We were able to re-book in nearby Colonial Williamsburg without any hassle.
The room was clean, the view was excellent, and we will definitely come back. But we will always research the events in the area before booking.
Highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
ChristopherThiele, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / South, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Sand Soccer Weekend! Guests come from all over the country (and the world!) to take place in the largest sand soccer competition on the east coast. It’s very exciting for those that are participating in it; however I understand how it could impact a planned romantic weekend. I’m glad our staff was able to accommodate you with an early checkout – we want to make sure all our guests are happy when they leave our hotel. As a note to other TripAdvisor members, Virginia Beach has activities happening almost every weekend at the oceanfront. Our city puts a lot of money and planning into making sure that our visitors have entertainment available to them. I’d encourage you to check out the Beach Street USA website, as well as other city websites, in advance of your trip. You’ll see all the area activities, and it’ll ensure you don’t miss out on anything fun and exciting during your stay!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / South? Share your experiences!