“Nice place and I finally get to mention a staff member by name!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / South

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / South to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2501 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA 23451   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #3 of 115 hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fairfax, Virginia
“Nice place and I finally get to mention a staff member by name!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed in a presidential suite, which is basically a standard hotel room with another room tacked on to hold the bed. It had a fold out couch with the thinnest mattress possible and two balconies. Microwave, frig, etc. Valet parking is nice, since the lot fills up fast. The bistro in the lobby is nice because you don't have to wait for room service when you just want something fast. I din't hear much noise from adjacent rooms, so that was cool. The staff was helpful, too. When I left my camera battery charger plugged into the wall, Gregory sent it to my house free of charge. So good job Gregory.

Room Tip: Higher floors are farther from the boardwalk crowd and the nearby street performances and therefore...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Samantha S, Front Desk Agent at Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / South, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am however sorry to hear that our Presidential Suite did not meet your expectations. The double balconies, additional living space and open layout are great features of this room type. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the perks of our valet service, the Bistro, and our friendly staff members. Gregory is one of our best associates, and I am glad that he was able to assist you with your phone charger! Thank you again for your feedback, I have forwarded it on to my General Manager.

418 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I decided to surprise my girlfriend with a trip to VA Beach and this was the perfect place to help me make our stay very special. Upon arrival the valet, Chris, was super nice and helped us get our bags in the door. The next day, after making check-in super easy, Rachel directed us to an awesome local spot for lunch and made our overall stay an amazing one. Finally, if you're lucky enough to be helped by Shakeela down at the bistro, it'll make a world of difference. She's super bubbly despite not getting any sleep the night before! We can't recommend this hotel enough! Thanks to all the staff!

Room Tip: Request a room at the end of the hall to help avoid the busy elevator.
Green Features: Their practices aren't very noticeable which i guess is a good thing. :)
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Samantha S, Front Desk Agent at Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / South, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff members! We enjoy helping our guests and engaging in friendly conversation whenever we can. I hope that you will consider staying with us on your next visit to the oceanfront. You may contact us any day of the week at (757) 491-6222.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there on the last week of July. Really clean hotel, with amazing friendly staff. All rooms are oceanfront, like most of the hotels in the area. Only downside of the hotel was the guest rooms with two double beds. Two double beds for 4 people is way too small when most hotels offer two queen beds instead of double beds.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am thrilled to learn that you and your family had a nice vacation with us. Our associates in every department work around the clock to ensure that you are having a great stay away from home. Our hotel was completely renovated just over a year ago, and we work hard to make sure that every room is updated and clean for our guests. I am sorry to hear that your family of four was a bit restricted in our double room, we also offer complimentary rollaway beds, as well as double suites which are equipped with the two full sized beds and a sofa pull out. Please let us know if you plan to return to Virginia Beach in the future so that we may assist you in booking a room that might be more fit for your family's needs.

Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We were looking for a weekend at the beach and booked late in the season. The Marriott Courtyard had rooms available at comparable prices to other Virginia Beach Hotels. The hotel was very clean and fresh. They asked us which floor we preferred as we checked in early and put us on the top floor in a room with a fantastic beach view and balcony. The Bistro downstairs had a healthy selection - we grabbed breakfast of yogurt, fruit and Starbucks to bring back to our room each morning. Staff was very friendly and we were able to quickly get our car when needed - parking was only $5/day with free valet versus $25 at fancier hotels. Beach was right out the door with an outdoor shower. Wide restaurant selection within walking distance (we loved Cactus Jack).

We would go back in a heartbeat for a last minute beach escape. Don't go for a five star hotel vacation (e.g. no room service, limited amenities) but for a great beach vacation.

Green Features: They change sheets every three days unless you request more. Change towels every day unless you ask for less.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the wonderful review of your stay with us! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed a quick beach getaway. Our Bistro offers many healthy choices, with a fresh variety of fruit, sandwiches and so much more. It is nice to hear that you were able to take advantage of our amentities, both in and outside of the hotel. Our location has proved to be convenient for all of our guests; we are within walking distance to seafood, pizza, American dining, and countless other restaurants! Thank you again for the great review, and please let us know when you will be visiting again.

Kingston, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We reserved one of the Presidential Suites over July 4th weekend. The room is HUGE!! This suite has a balcony for each room. This was very nice for the fireworks. The suite includes a pull out sofa, so our kids and grandson were able to stay in the "living room" and have their own space. The house keeper was great. We asked him for more towels and he was more than helpful.
The issue with the staff came at the front desk. I felt that any time we asked a question, we were bothering them. I am a Marriott Rewards Gold Member and honestly I expect better. I stay at Marriott Hotels very often and expect a level of service if I am in a city, at a beach or in a rural area. This was not the case here. The front desk staff acted as though they were doing their guests a favor letting them stay there on a holiday weekend.
Again the room and the house keeper was great, the only thing I would recommend is an upgrade to the furniture in the Presidentail Suites. This is the only time I have stayed at this hotel, so I can not talk to the other rooms.
The location is absolutely the best!

Room Tip: If you are looking to book a suite, book it then call the hotel to see what floor you are on. The h...
Green Features: Other than the standard bathroom towel sign, I did not see any environmental-friendly practices.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ChristopherThiele, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / South, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our hotel. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your room and received some great service from our housekeeping team.

I’d also like to apologize for the service you received from our front desk. Typically we receive excellent comments on our front desk team, as noted in many of our other TripAdvisor reviews. I’m disappointed that we did not live up to these expectations during your stay with us. I’ll be addressing your comments with our front office team, and hope that you would consider us for a future stay so we can show you the best of what Courtyard South has to offer.
Leesburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Warmest reception we have ever experienced when staying at a hotel. Dedicated personal service provided by the front desk staff and throughout the hotel. Clean rooms, great beach location and friendly staff makes you feel like you are at home. Highly recommended to VA Beach goers. Will definitely return in the near future.

Room Tip: Corner Suites are large and sunny!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Samantha S, Front Desk Agent at Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / South, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for the fabulous review of your stay with us this past month! I am very happy to hear that our associates were able to make you feel so welcome and comfortable. Our hotel was recently renovated last year, and we take great pride in maintaining the cleanliness and functionality of our guest rooms and main lobby area. Please give us a call when you are ready to book your next stay with us!

Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The staff here were truly wonderful! I was very surprised and had a wonderful experience; my children even commented that these were the nicest people anywhere we have ever stayed. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the lobby was updated and refreshed. Great choice in Va beach!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
I am so thrilled to hear that our associates were able to make your stay with us more memorable and fun! We enjoy receiving positive feedback from our guests about our hospitality! I am happy that you and your family had a wonderful stay with us. Please let us know when you are planning to return. Thank you for your review of your stay!

-Samantha

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / South? Share your experiences!