The front desk staff upon arrival was awesome. I reserved a oceanfront and was upgraded to the corner suite since I am a Gold Rewards member. Room was more than adequate with a separate bedroom and living room with a small kitchette all overlooking the ocean. Room was clean but did have a strong smell when we first arrived I am assuming it was some cleaning material they used. I opened the sliding glass door on the balcony and it soon dissapated.
I really have only two issues with the hotel. First being the bed, it was not a good bed. Very soft and lacked any real support. The second issue was the quality of linens and towels. I am not sure would they are being washed in but very scratchy and harsh.
We didn't eat at the Bistro but the front desk did give us a great recommendation for dinner which we took and had an enjoyable meal. For our breakfast we ate at a local pancake house that I had seen on the Food Channel as being the best in VB.
All in all it was an OK stay and location is fantastic as is front desk staff. I would have given this hotel a higher rating if the bed has not been so horrible. It really needs to be replaced.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / South Hotel
- Courtyard By Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / South Hotel Virginia Beach
- Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront
- Courtyard Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Courtyard
- Virginia Beach Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you’re looking for hotels in Virginia Beach, VA, you'll love the spectacular views and location of our Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront South. Our hotel is located along the Virginia Beach boardwalk in the heart of this beachfront resort, minutes from Oceana Naval Air Station and Dam Neck. All of our spacious rooms and suites feature private, furnished balconies with ocean views, comfortable bedding, and complimentary high-speed Internet access. Our Virginia Beach oceanfront hotel also offers one-bedroom suites and Jacuzzi rooms. Drop by our oceanfront cafe for a wonderful breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Enjoy great local events like the Rock n Roll Half Marathon, Boardwalk Art Show, and Neptune Festival. Visit the nearby Virginia Beach Convention Center. Unwind in our indoor pool, whirlpool, or fitness room. If you're planning an event or business retreat, let us know - our largest space hosts up to 60. Few hotels in Virginia Beach, VA can match our great location, so make a reservation today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Marriott, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.