Being fairly unafraid of the cold weather, my girlfriend and I decided on a trip to Virginia Beach for Christmas weekend this last month. It's nice. No hoards of tourists to contend with and a fairly quiet (not deserted though), peaceful scene.
The Courtyard South is in a very central location. There are tons of cafes and restaurants in the area. There are your typical touristy shops too, where you can buy cheap sunglasses and ridiculous Virginia Beach t-shirts.
Conveniently enough, they have their own parking lot. We're from DC, so we're not used to a place where you can just drive up and NOT have a valet employee waiting to take your car and charge you sixty dollars a day for parking. That alone was refreshing.
We arrived rather late and check-in was a very easy process. The woman working the front desk for night audit was not what you would call "peppy" or "informative" really. In fact, when asking her about anything to do, she was pretty much resistant to tell us anything other than we had to drive about fifteen minutes or go to Norfolk. We weren't looking for anything amazing; just some basic bum-around activities. If it weren't for that, I'd give the place five stars. The rest of the front desk staff were extremely friendly, personable and (maybe because it was slow) one gentleman (dreadlocks) even remembered me by name. Boom. Awesome.
The pool and hot tub area are very nice. Not too large, but not tiny either.
The guest room we had on the seventh floor was wonderful. It had a decently sized balcony and of course, a fantastic view of the whole beach. It was really wonderful to get up early and check out the sunrise over the ocean's horizon. Amazing. The room was decently decorated and the beds were pretty comfortable. The closet we had was huge as well, so if you're staying for awhile, you'll have plenty of space for your belongings.
The housekeeping staff were also efficient and non-disruptive. I would return to this place in a heartbeat. Thank you for a wonderful Christmas weekend, guys.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / South Hotel
- Courtyard By Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / South Hotel Virginia Beach
- Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront
- Courtyard Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Courtyard
- Virginia Beach Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you’re looking for hotels in Virginia Beach, VA, you'll love the spectacular views and location of our Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront South. Our hotel is located along the Virginia Beach boardwalk in the heart of this beachfront resort, minutes from Oceana Naval Air Station and Dam Neck. All of our spacious rooms and suites feature private, furnished balconies with ocean views, comfortable bedding, and complimentary high-speed Internet access. Our Virginia Beach oceanfront hotel also offers one-bedroom suites and Jacuzzi rooms. Drop by our oceanfront cafe for a wonderful breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Enjoy great local events like the Rock n Roll Half Marathon, Boardwalk Art Show, and Neptune Festival. Visit the nearby Virginia Beach Convention Center. Unwind in our indoor pool, whirlpool, or fitness room. If you're planning an event or business retreat, let us know - our largest space hosts up to 60. Few hotels in Virginia Beach, VA can match our great location, so make a reservation today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.