We stayed here in August 2012. Having never been to VA Beach before I didn't know what to expect. I have had terrible experiences with beachfront hotels in Daytona. Hotel was in a great location, walking distance to everything and perfect spot beachfront on boardwalk to get on a bike and explore. Must do the bikes! Beach was good here too, my kids loved the waves perfect for body boards. The hotel was clean, elevators took a little though not enough in my opinion but not too bad either. Room was clean, standard size, i would say a 3.5 star hotel, nothing luxurious enough to give it a 4 or 5 but for beachfront hotels on the atlantic this was very good. No bed bugs, and staff was exceptional! Everyone i encountered at the front desk really went our of their way to be friendly and accommodating. There was plenty to do day and each evening and thelocation of this hotel put you right in the middle of it... the north hotel would have required a bit of a walk to put you where the action was. Never had a problem with noise and sleeping, even when opening the sliders to hear the waves. You can't go wrong with this hotel. I only saw two others that I may have considered, this one was way better than all the rest. We will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you’re looking for hotels in Virginia Beach, VA, you'll love the spectacular views and location of our Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront South. Our hotel is located along the Virginia Beach boardwalk in the heart of this beachfront resort, minutes from Oceana Naval Air Station and Dam Neck. All of our spacious rooms and suites feature private, furnished balconies with ocean views, comfortable bedding, and complimentary high-speed Internet access. Our Virginia Beach oceanfront hotel also offers one-bedroom suites and Jacuzzi rooms. Drop by our oceanfront cafe for a wonderful breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Enjoy great local events like the Rock n Roll Half Marathon, Boardwalk Art Show, and Neptune Festival. Visit the nearby Virginia Beach Convention Center. Unwind in our indoor pool, whirlpool, or fitness room. If you're planning an event or business retreat, let us know - our largest space hosts up to 60. Few hotels in Virginia Beach, VA can match our great location, so make a reservation today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / South Hotel Virginia Beach
- Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront
- Virginia Beach Courtyard
- Virginia Beach Marriott