“OK for the money - off season” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / South

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / South to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / South
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #3 of 115 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Virginia
“OK for the money - off season”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I'm a big Courtyard fan and this location is nice until you look close. My biggest issue is the bathroom safey. I fell because the bathmat slipped. I knocked my head hard enough to have to stay up half the night (wasn't going to the ER because I did not passout). Since I had been drinking earlier in the evening I did not report, but we were unable to do anything else while there because of the pain. A little TLC - stain pen for the headboard, hot water (without 5-7 minute wait), balconey door needs WD40.

Wait staff Wendy-EXCELLENT! They need more of her and she needs a raise.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are not as pictured and request for high floor, and extra pillows not completed.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Richmond, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My husband and I were looking for a nice friendly place to stay overnight for our 14th year Anniversary. The front desk staff welcomed us with big smiles and wonderful "Happy Anniversary" greetings the minute we walked in the door! The room was spotless and more than comfortable and we will definitely stay at this location next year! Thank you to the entire staff for making our special day/night a relaxing and enjoyable mini-vaca!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

This Courtyard provides a great beachfront location at an affordable price. This location is right on the boardwalk and within easy walking distance to many fantastic activities. The staff is warm and welcoming, always willing to assist you with all of your vacation needs. This hotel is our first choice for our annual VB vacation.

Room Tip: The suites are spacious and a great value. The regular rooms on low floors make you feel like you a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Wilson, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We have stayed at the Marriott Courtyard South in Virginia Beach four times located at 25th street. The stay has always been very good. Rande at the front desk is one of the most personable people I have ever met. He is always extremely helpful and very friendly. All the rooms have recently been remodeled. Out last visit there was during the 2012 Neptune Festival held at the end of Sept thru Oct 1. They have a good breakfast buffet. I would recommend staying at the Marriott Courtyard South. We have stayed at the Marriott Courtyard North twice, but the Courtyard South is closer to the action. If you haven’t been to Virginia Beach it is a great place to go and enjoy yourself.

Room Tip: The presidential suites are very nice. They have two rooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Brittany D, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / South, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for your review. There are many options for lodging at the oceanfront and we appreciate you choosing to stay with us during the Annual Neptune Festival. I am glad you enjoy our breakfast buffet and the new renovation. We look forward to seeing you next year!
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My family and I returned from Germany and chose Courtyard By Marriott for an extended stay, while house hunting. During the period of our stay, we were always greeted with friendly faces at the front desk (Shacara and Christal) If we had any issues, they were fixed immediately. The housekeeping staff were excellent. We had tons of luggage from our trip back and they always worked around it and made sure our needs were met. (Beth..Ylonda...Dawn...LaShawn). stThe Lounge/Bistro staff (Wendy and Kendrel) made wonderful food and coffee and were always so friendly each time we visited . We have two children that had to start school as soon as we arrived and being in a new area, made things stressful on the entire family, but the hotel staff went out of their way to give us directions to the schools and answered tons of questions. They also took the time to give us information on all the upcoming events in the area, so our children would have fun and be able to destress. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone coming to VA Beach, weather it be an extended stay or just a weekend trip!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate you taking time to write a review and mentioning some of the Super Stars here at Courtyard by Marriott Oceanfront South. It is always nice to read reviews about our staff and the great work they do. I will make sure to share your review with the hotel. Thank you for staying with us and recommending our hotel.
Richmond, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I would have given just an ok rating if it wasn't for the staff. This hotel has everything you could need and the staff is friendly, efficient and make the stay worth it. The beds on the other hand are horrible. They are extremely hard and they only put sheets, no comforters on the beds. I stayed at the Courtyard on 35th street earlier in the month, with the same issue, and after my Tripadvisor review management responded that I should have asked for a mattress pad. We stayed Friday and Saturday night and I realized after Friday night that this Courtyard has the exact same issue as Courtyard on 35th street, so I called housekeeping for a mattress pad. They were at my room within two mintues with the pad, which is one of the reasons I like this hotel. They really go above and beyond. The mattress pad was only about 1cm thick which didn't make much of a difference but it did slightly help. We ate the breakfast buffet on Sunday morning and it has everything you could want. Saturday morning we ate across the street at the Maple Tree Pancake house (I think) and it was good. Very quick service and good food.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for writing a review! We appreciate your feedback and we are working on making the mattresses more comfortable. It is pleasure to hear about the staff and how responsive they were. We take pride in making our guest feel comfortable. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you in the future.
New York, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed here this past weekend for a wedding. Since my friend was a priority Marriott Rewards member, we had a very nice large suite. Although the room was sizable, there were some issues with the room. The furniture in the bedroom was scratched and chipping a lot---not sure how that happens but it looked old. The towels also didn't seem as fresh as I would have liked.

During my first day there, I received a knock on the door while I was napped at approximately 3pm. I screamed, "please come back later" and 2 minutes later, another knock on the door. I finally answered as I was already waking up by the second knock and it was hotel employees knocking on the door to replace the outdoor furniture. Seriously??? Either they didn't hear me scream "please come back" or they decided to try again---either way, this was a totally unnecessary thing to do. Why couldn't they have waited until the room was vacated 2 nights later to replace furniture? Needless to say, I couldn't fall back to sleep.

I will say that the location of the hotel is great. Very close to everything.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Brittany D, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / South, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you for writing a review about our property. We value our guest comments and ways to improve on delivering superior service. We appreciate you bringing these concerns to our attention and I will make sure to address them with the management staff.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / South? Share your experiences!