I stayed here this past weekend for a wedding. Since my friend was a priority Marriott Rewards member, we had a very nice large suite. Although the room was sizable, there were some issues with the room. The furniture in the bedroom was scratched and chipping a lot---not sure how that happens but it looked old. The towels also didn't seem as fresh as I would have liked.
During my first day there, I received a knock on the door while I was napped at approximately 3pm. I screamed, "please come back later" and 2 minutes later, another knock on the door. I finally answered as I was already waking up by the second knock and it was hotel employees knocking on the door to replace the outdoor furniture. Seriously??? Either they didn't hear me scream "please come back" or they decided to try again---either way, this was a totally unnecessary thing to do. Why couldn't they have waited until the room was vacated 2 nights later to replace furniture? Needless to say, I couldn't fall back to sleep.
I will say that the location of the hotel is great. Very close to everything.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / South Hotel
- Courtyard By Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / South Hotel Virginia Beach
- Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront
- Courtyard Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Courtyard
- Virginia Beach Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you’re looking for hotels in Virginia Beach, VA, you'll love the spectacular views and location of our Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront South. Our hotel is located along the Virginia Beach boardwalk in the heart of this beachfront resort, minutes from Oceana Naval Air Station and Dam Neck. All of our spacious rooms and suites feature private, furnished balconies with ocean views, comfortable bedding, and complimentary high-speed Internet access. Our Virginia Beach oceanfront hotel also offers one-bedroom suites and Jacuzzi rooms. Drop by our oceanfront cafe for a wonderful breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Enjoy great local events like the Rock n Roll Half Marathon, Boardwalk Art Show, and Neptune Festival. Visit the nearby Virginia Beach Convention Center. Unwind in our indoor pool, whirlpool, or fitness room. If you're planning an event or business retreat, let us know - our largest space hosts up to 60. Few hotels in Virginia Beach, VA can match our great location, so make a reservation today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.