“Would definately stay again.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / South

You added Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / South to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / South
Ranked #5 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Richmond, VA
“Would definately stay again.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

I loved the staff at this hotel. They were all very friendly and helpful. They offered free valet (only thru September). Check in took all of 2 minutes. The room was nice and clean and the bed was comfy. The breakfast buffet was good. The kitchen was a little behind and we had quite a wait for french toast and eggs, but the food was all good. We went for Neptune Festival and will probably stay in the same hotel next year. I highly recommend this Courtyard.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Kendall J, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / South, responded to this review, October 11, 2011
So happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! :) I am glad you were able to take advantage of our complimentary valet service that we offer from Memorial Day through Labor Day and again on Neptune Festival weekend. Also, I am pleased that your check-in process was completed so quickly and smoothly for you. We have an excellent, well-trained front desk staff and I will be sure to pass along your compliments to them. Thank you again for your review and thank you for staying with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
New Britain, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

My boyfriend and I decided to spend a long weekend in Virginia Beach. I have stayed at several different hotels on the oceanfront and this hotel was by far the best one!! The hotel staff were simply wonderful. We were greeted by a young woman at the front desk who always made sure throughout our stay that everything was to our liking. The staff at the cafe in the hotel was also wonderful. I believe the woman's name was Wendy. She was just wonderful. She was both the bartender and the sever at the restaurant. I give her a lot of credit for all the hard work she does. The servers and cooks in the morning at breakfast were also wonderful. The breakfast is definitely worth the $10.95 per person. I hope to return next year and would definitely return to this hotel. The view from the room is wonderful. If the excitement of the summer crowd is too much, the last weekend in September was a wonderful time to enjoy quiet and the company of family and friends. Thank you Courtyard staff for making our stay so enjoyable and relaxing.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 10th floor. All rooms have a view of the ocean. The king size room was perfect...
Euless, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

The hotel is pleasant, clean and well staffed. It sits directly on the boardwalk with the rooms facing the ocean so the view and atmosphere are beautiful and serene, regardless of the weather.
We were there 8 nights and the weather was mostly cloudy or raining but we could still enjoy the ocean breeze and calming sounds of the surf rolling in.
Unfortunately it is in the direct path of the armed forces aircraft flying overhead but it wasn't so distrubing that we lost any sleep.
The property claims to be a no smoking property and they have strict rules about NOT smoking on your balcony as well! There are 2 designated areas downstairs in front and out back for this.
The pool and hot tub seemed very nice and the fitness room was very adequate.
It is also home to a pleasant cafe and small lounge area that was also enjoyable. The breakfast buffet was a wonderful additon but did cost an extra $10.95, par for a Courtyard property.
The houskeeping and maintenance staff were very professional, punctual and nice.
There were plenty of stores, restaurants and bicycle rentals within walking distance to this property as well.
The only real negative was the fact that there was only 1 washer and 1 dryer for the entire hotel so waiting to do a load of laundry might take a while.
All in All, I would DO IT again at this pleasant, good value Marriott property.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Thank you SO much for your wonderful review!! We are very proud of the amenities we are able to offer our guests as well as the stunning views from every room (all oceanfront, all with a balcony!!) We are most definitely central in location when it comes to the stores, restaurants, and attractions that the Virginia Beach oceanfront has to offer and we are thrilled to hear you were able to enjoy them all despite the less-than-desirable weather. Again, we thank you for your kind words and thank you for choosing our hotel!
Altoona, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

the entire staff at this hotel were very friendly & helpful.the room was very neat & clean & very much met our expectations.it was exactly as advertised.the view was great as were the amenties provided.would recommend this hotel to anybody!great job folks.....tell tom to take some time off

Room Tip: get a corner room great view
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful comments...we are happy to hear that our hotel is your vacation place of choice! Our corner rooms are our suite style rooms which contain a bedroom area, a seperate bathroom area, as well as a living area with balcony. They are definietly great rooms, especially if you would like a little extra space! I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our staff. Thanks again!!
Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

A very nice stay, although the weather wasn’t perfect. The staff are very friendly, from the front desk to the maid service. The room was clean and nice enough – not luxurious, but well worth the price we paid. Great view of the ocean, centrally located with plenty of restaurants within walking distance. After checking in, they called up to the room an hour or so later to see if everything was to our liking – I thought that was a nice touch. I don’t have any complaints.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
kendall_johnson, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / South, responded to this review, October 11, 2011
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and we really appreciate your great comments! Although the weather does not always cooperate, we are happy to provide our guests with information and directions regarding things to do, places to go, and sights to see. Thank you for the compliments on our great staff, I will be sure to pass them along. Again, we are so happy you enjoyed your time here and thanks again for your comments!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

My husband & I travelled to Va.Beach for a long overdue week of rest, with the plan to go to the NASCAR race in Richmond at the end of the week (less than 2 hrs.away). We always stay at Marriott hotels because I know what to expect & this one certainly exceeded my expectations. The staff at the front desk always remembered our names. All of the staff at this hotel were exceptionally friendly & courteous- more so than any place I have ever stayed. I had asked for a QUIET, high level floor room & we got just that- we were on the 9th floor in a suite w/ a balcony overlooking the ocean. So relaxing... I could get up every morning while my husband slept & sit on the balcony to watch the sunrise & read a book- heaven! Also felt safe enough to take a walk on the beach by myself one morning. There are always people walking & riding bikes along the boardwalk behind the hotel. We arrived EARLY on Labor Day & of course it was too early to check in, so we were given a "key" to access the hotel facilities. So we just changed into our swimsuits & enjoyed our first day at the beach. This Marriott made our first vacation in years such a wonderful retreat- I hated to go home!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
SHSVBOAGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / South, responded to this review, September 18, 2011
Thank you for the great comments about our hotel and our staff. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit with us over Labor Day Weekend, and also glad you were able to take advantage of our early checkin process. For any of our guests who arrive before their room is ready, we're happy to store your luggage and give you a key to access our swimming pool, fitness center, business center, etc while your room is being cleaned. Leave us your cell phone number, and we’ll give you a call when your room is ready! Thanks again for the great comments – I’ll be sure to pass them on to our staff.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

Overall EXCELLENT stay.. August 30-Sept 2. Had a few issues which were immediately responded to by staff..I'm talking within 10-15 minutes. Called the front desk and was referred to by name which made me feel so welcomed. I definitely plan to stay again when I visit VA beach next year. The only issue which had nothing to do with the hotel was when I reserved through the 1-800#, I was told I'd be given a room with 2 double beds and a pull out sofa. When I checked in, there was only 2 double beds and front desk staff advised the double rooms have no sofa bed but they did give me a rollaway so that worked out. Other than that, we all had a good time. The hotel bar has a happy hour which I didn't get to take advantage of but next time I plan to visit Va without kids so I will definitely check it out!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and I’m glad you enjoyed your experience. I apologize that you were given incorrect information by our central reservations center, as none of our standard Double/Double guest rooms are equipped with a sofa bed. I have reviewed the information on file at the central reservations office to ensure it is correct, and it appears that one of their reservations agents may have simply misspoke regarding the room amenities. I’m sorry it impacted your stay with us, but I’m glad you had an enjoyable stay otherwise. Thanks again for staying with us, repeat customers are what makes our hotel so successful!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / South? Share your experiences!