“Good location, nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Internet + Breakfast
Ranked #47 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good location, nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Courtyard Virginia Beach Norfolk is in a good location if you are traveling around Virginia Beach area. Rooms are current, clean and staff helpful. Not too many restaurants in the immediate area, but 10-15 min drive is downtown.

Room Tip: Away from the beach, so good for business travelers
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Jennifer T, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Norfolk, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you for stying and taking the time to review our hpte;. I'm glad you enjoyed the room and staff service.
The location of the hotel really allows you to access all areas of Hampton Roads easily and just far enough out of the hustle & bustle of the vaction crowd!
Thank you for recognizing our associates, they really work hard and appreciate the recognition.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
SPOTSYLVANIA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

The atmosphere and overall smell made me fell uncomfortable. The Staff was friendly, but incompetent. I Traveled alone .and asked to be moved from the room I was in on the 2nd floor that had an adjoining room because I did not feel safe. I was given another room on the 1st floor with another adjoining room and the concern of sliding patio door to be concerned with. I gave up and just had my son who was just there to escort me safely, stay the night. This did not live up to the standards of Marriott.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Jennifer T, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Norfolk, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel.
You indicated that the staff service was unsatisfactory. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations.
I can understand how traveling alone can sometimes be uncomfortable, but be assured that the connecting doors do have a deadbolt & the sliding doors have a security bar on them for your safety! I'm sure that the associate did not intentionally put you in another connecting room rather than made an honest mistake.
You are a valued customer and we would like to regain your trust & would like to serve you again in the future.
If I may be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Sandwich, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

We stayed here for a few days when my son came back from deployment. Staff was friendly and helpful. All new carpeting everywhere. Everything including the room was very clean. Good location central to everything. Good breakfast at the Denny's right up the street (walkable). For the money we couldn't find anything wrong with this place.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel.
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay as we do take great pride in ensuring our guests' satisfaction.
We are certainly at the perfect location directly between Virginia Beach & Norfolk which makes us a great choice for leisure travel as well.
We look forward to having you as our guest in the future!
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Friendly staff. Room as expected (high floor). Quiet (on the side not facing I-264). Good parking. Good location half way between Norfolk and Virginia Beach. I have stayed here before years ago and will stay in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Jennifer T, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Norfolk, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you so much for the 5 Star rating!
It does mean a lot to the associates to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
Harlingen, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Marriott courtyard is my preferred hotel. Unfortunately while the rooms at this one have been updated the place seems a little tired and musty. My room smells of some sickly sweet disinfectant. I can't stop sneezing. Not many channels on the tv. Staff is friendly answer and accommodating,and the rooms are neat and clean, but I can't get over the smell.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Jennifer T, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Norfolk, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
I am sorry to hear that you are disappointed in our hotel. We do try to ensure that our guests enjoy their stay and it sounds like we may have let you down.
We do use standard Ecolab chemicals at our hotel as the other Marriott hotels utilize. I'm not sure if it may be the air freshener or a cleaning chemical that may be upsetting you.
Please contact us at the front desk and request that housekeeping services your room with no chemicals so we may rectify this immeditately!
Yulee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Awesome hotel, my kids and I were traveling to see my sister and we stayed at this Courtyard. The hotel has recently been updated so we gave it a try. The rooms were a nice size; the beds were OH SO comfortable, and queens... not doubles!! We did not have a fridge in the room but a quick call to the front desk fixed that, and at no additional cost. I was happy about that! Granite countertops.. Standard bathroom but I loved that the room opened up to a courtyard in the center of the hotel. When we come back in the summer this will be great for the kids to swim and I can relax just a short distance from the pool. And I will be back!
Breakfast was not included, but that was ok, since the rate was descent. I had bacon, egg and cheese on sourdough and a Starbucks coffee, the sandwich was so big I shared it with my sister when she came to get us. I should have taken pictures of the sandwich, sorry.. You’ll just have to go by and get one for yourself. Enjoy!! I know I will next time I am in the area.
OH.. I forgot the interactive TV screen that showed the weather and the traffic in the area, it told my sister which highways to avoid. Very nice!

Room Tip: Interior rooms that face the center courtyard are really nice.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Jennifer T, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Norfolk, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank You for giving us 5 Stars review as this means a lot to my team. We appreciate for your positive feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you when you are in our area next time!
Onancock, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Spending only one night here, the lobby is in the new Marriott style, but the same attention should have been given to the rooms. The room seemed small, especially the bathroom where the door cleared the toilet seat by an eighth of an inch. Just seemed tired and kind of smelly. And the elevator creaked and thumped and jarred scarily. Did not seem up to my Marriott standard.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Jennifer T, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Norfolk, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We do try to make sure our guests have a positive experience & it sounds like we have let you down.
We did renovate the lobby and guest rooms in 2013. Unfortunately, there were no structural changes made to the guest rooms. I can certainly understand how the bathroom can feel small.
I am very sorry to hear about the other challenges you encountered. As a follow up, we have already had the elevators serviced for the issues you experienced.
Again, thank you so much for taking the time to let us know so we can address & fix what we can!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Virginia Beach Norfolk? Share your experiences!