“Nice room, no significant issues at all, worked ok for us” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Days Inn Virginia Beach Expressway to your Saves list
Days Inn Virginia Beach Expressway
Days Inn Virginia Beach Expressway
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4600 Bonney Road, Virginia Beach, VA 23462 (Northwest Virginia Beach)   |
Ranked #83 of 115 hotels in Virginia Beach
Raleigh, NC
“Nice room, no significant issues at all, worked ok for us”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

Stayed here over a Saturday night. Everything in the room was clean and functional, it had a refrigerator, microwave, nice new flat-screen TV, and wi-fi worked fine. I found it on-par with some of the nicer Motel 6/Super 8 motels. No complaints at all.

The bed was very nice, with several soft pillows and good cover for the winter. The bathroom was clean, and apart from a worn-out shower head (dial didn't work at all), got a nice hot shower.

We had no issues at all, the motel was quiet this time of year, and this was a very convenient spot. Cost was just under $60 for the night, and is a good spot if you want to be close to the highway.. While driving along the resort beach area the next day, we found that several of the big tourist hotels that charge a lot during the summer, have special rates that are just as low, if not lower, than this motel! So, I'd recommend this one as a cheaper alternative during the summer, you can probably get a deal in a -much- nicer hotel during the November off-season.

Room Tip: Using a base-line of $60/weekend night, check the nicer resort motels along the beach first, if you...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

138 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

I stayed here while visting my son who is in the United States Navy. I booked this hotel because it seemed close to my son's apartment. The front desk person was very rude and told me he would not be able to print my boarding pass the next day because the hotel did not have a printer. The room was filthy and the shower did not drain. Weird smell also. Partying all night from some of the other guests. I think some people actually live in this hotel. I was so scared I made my son sleep in the room with me because I did not feel safe. I WILL NEVER COME BACK TO THIS HOTEL!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Montreal
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

The hotel is less than 10 min drive fro the beach and not expensive.
I booked for two nights. The room 202 seemed to be OK at the first view, even the fridge, safe and microwave were out of service. This was no big problem for me since I was all the day at the beach and in surroundings. The problems started in the first night when I woke up because of the bed bugs. There were many in the bed and they were plenty of blood. It was horrible. The clerk offered me to change the room which I did it; it was1 am. The new room was OK, but our night was already ruined.
In the morning, the manager seemed to be rather annoyed than concerned by my problem. I saw, they sprayed in the room 202 with a product and this was the fix. I'm quite sure the bed bugs will survive in that room.

So pay attention to check carefully your bed before going to sleep.
Overall the experience was bad and the manager ... do not expect anything from him, even apologises. Probably for him this is a current situation.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

First of all, don't pay attention to the hotel site which states that this is a 'newly renovated property'. From various reviews, it seems the 'recent' renovation was in 2009, and it has apparently been a long, hard two years since then.

The room was not very clean - not disgusting, just not well vacuumed, dusted or mopped. Sofa was worn and dirty looking enough that we did not use it. Sheets were very worn, but seemed clean enough. The furniture had various holes (upholstery), dings (chairs and dresser) and rips (carpet). Bathroom cleanliness was adequate with the exception of the shower curtain which had what looked like dried soap suds crusted on the inside. Everything functioned - HDTV, wifi, fridge, AC, plumbing.

Outdoor pool was small but adequate. Pool furnishings were old and some were damaged. No pool towels are provided.

The room was reasonably quiet - it's an older property so has thicker walls than most newer motels. The AC unit is quite loud but that's to be expected from that type of window unit. We didn't try the breakfast so can't speak to that.

Service was fine - not friendly, not unfriendly, just businesslike.

Overall, this is an adequate place to sleep if you're not planning on spending much time in your room or if you need a cheap place to stay. We will likely choose one of the many other hotels nearby if we want to stay in this part of town again. This stay just confirmed our preference for higher-end hotels when we travel, unless we know the specific property in question.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Williamsburg, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

I stayed here one night on business and it was horrible. When I talked in there were bright orange and polka dot drapes (in a light pink room), an old dirty couch that looked liked it had several stains and much wear and tear, and the bed spread looked old and stained as well. As I sat down on the bed, one of the springs was poking into my side. The bathroom however, was descent. The heater made a VERY loud noise every time it turned on and off, this woke me up a at least 12 times from sleeping. I called the front desk and asked for an extra blanket and pillow and was told that the maids did not speak English (what did that have to do with anything?!) so I went without. Around 2am I was woken up yet again from a car drinking by blasting loud rap music. This noise continued for about 10 minutes before it resided. I will never EVER stay at a Days Inn again due to this horrible overall experience.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Stephens City, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

My 2 daughters loved the place. It was very economical. The staff was very nice and helpful. The breakfast was great even though it was a little crowded in the lobby. I would stay here again. We did have to jump in the car for 10 mins to get to the beach with the money we saved we were able to go shopping and eat out more!!!.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

My girlfriend and I chose the hotel because it was close to the VA Beach Amphitheater, where we saw Jack Johnson (great concert by the way!!).
Management was friendly and willing to fix minor problems that we had with the hotel (the ice machine was broken so the manager bought ice from the local store and placed it in a cooler for patrons to use). The room was recently renovated but it was plain and simple – no frills here folks.
Breakfast is included in the stay but it’s nothing to write home about – all carbs. There is a brand new McDonald’s restaurant within walking distance and we ate there several times.
Our neighbor summed up the experience when we bumped into him as we were getting out of our car in the parking lot. He said “there is no rush here dude – it’s all Virginia…all chill…don’t rush dude”
Overall we had a good experience but don’t take your new wife on your honeymoon to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Virginia Beach Expressway? Share your experiences!