“If I could give it no stars I would” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #109 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
“If I could give it no stars I would”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

When we walked in I saw a cockroach on the table in between the tables. We then looked under the beds and no bed bugs so we just thought it was a random bug problem... but then I saw bugs running on the floor and also 3 cockroaches in the toilet and 1 on the toilet seat. We immediately left and was told I would get my money back but then they seemed to have charged me an extra $40 bucks I'm assuming for "canceling". Worst experience ever!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Couples
Business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The staff here is very nice and respectable, mainly the front desk ladies; faith and Robyn. Very family oriented. They threw an Easter Sunday party for all the children and families staying at the hotel for free with a raffle to win prizes! The rooms are ok. Nothing to write home about. But for the price, it's good.

Stayed April 2015
Econo L, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites I-64 & US 13, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Guest. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay at our hotel. I'm glad that you found our location convenient. Were you able to explore the area? If not, you can visit us again and we are happy to share with you the must-visit attractions as well as some hidden treasures in the area.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was in the area for Easter weekend, and the staff threw a Easter bash for the kiddies. It was very thoughtful, and completely free of charge. They had food, cakes cookies and juices, egg dyeing, and even a raffle. My son was so excited that he won $5!!! Definitely would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
waysborrow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2015

This was a great place t stay, clean, and family friendly, very courteous saff and extremely welcoming, my daughtet did not want to go home. If your ever in the area you should stay here. Price is just right to

• Stayed January 2015
Econo L, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites I-64 & US 13, responded to this review, January 13, 2015

Robya Rogers
Newark, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2015

The staff went above and beyond to accommodate my family and I. The rooms were clean and nice, it's affordable.... I can't get past how friendly and caring front desk staff was.... This place is an awesome stay, great breakfast, awesome staff... Their attitude is: "YOU NEED IT WE PROVIDE IT!"
I will definitely return!!!

Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Econo L, Director of Sales at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites I-64 & US 13, responded to this review, January 10, 2015
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us while you were here, I am so very glad that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations. We strive to maintain the highest level of service, hospitality and comfort for our guests, so we are very happy that your stay with us at the Econolodge Inn & Suites Northapton Blvd was such a positive experience.
Our pleasure to be of service to you,
Robyna Rogers, Sales Manager
econolodge2000@gmail .com
757-374-5243
Herndon, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

After a very long day on the road, I was looking forward to relaxing with the family in our room.

Yeah...About that...

Directions to the room were not clear from the front desk, which led to two family members walking around the complex to find the room.

The doors were not very easy to close and a concerted effort to ensure that they were actually securely locked. (In this part of town, a locked door is absolutely essential.)

The telephone was missing two buttons and there was no placard to tell you what the hotel extensions were for the front desk, room service, etc.

The complementary wi-fi signal was weak intermittant at best.

There was no toilet paper and only two towels. One roll and two additional towels were presented to me whwen I walked to the front desk to notify them,

The other guests and denizens of the neighborhood didn't fill me with a sense of serenity and security. (That feeling was only confirmed by the sight of a police cruiser circling the complex twice within a five minute period.)

The only real benefit was that Newport News was five minutes away and there I found a Lone Star steak house. A hearty and delicious meal that I haven't tasted back home in over 7 years was enjoyed there.

I would definitely recommend going to Newport News on the other side of Rt 64 for a greater selection of hotels.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

I normally do not write reviews. I read them to find a decent place to stay with my kids while road tripping. This place is so bad I have to warn others. STAY AWAY! Their info states they are newly renovated.. Well we must have had the room they skipped! The beds sagged and had chunks of wood missing on the headboard, the carpets were dirty with snags and tears, the bathroom walls/ door were old and filthy, the chair in the room had stains on it. I couldn't let my 1 year old walk around in the room. It was too gross. The breakfast was a joke. Limited items were out and the rest locked up. Signs everywhere about not taking too much food. My kids and I got a piece of toast or English muffin. Looks like they had a waffle maker but no waffle mix. Now for the outside and guests. The neighborhood is sketchy. When we pulled up there was a man being arrested in front of the hotel. Not a good first impression but since id reserved the room already I couldn't cancel. The walls are paper thin. I could hear people partying and being loud outside. I could hear our neighbors tv very loud and male neighbor screaming and cursing at a woman in the room. The door to our room had a gap at the bottom that I didn't notice till the sun was shining thru in the morning. I paid $76 for the room which was $76 over paid. The only nice thing about the place was the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. I usually take reviews with a grain of salt. Good ones outweigh the bad.. That is so not the case here. I honestly do not know how horrible a place has to be for the good reviewers to say a place is bad. Anyone who have this place a good review is nuts. If I could give this place a Zero review I would but instead it have to give it a 1.

Stayed August 2014
Econo L, Director of Sales at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites I-64 & US 13, responded to this review, January 13, 2015

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites I-64 & US 13? Share your experiences!