“This was the WORSE STAY EVER!!!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Virginia Beach - Independence Blvd.

You added Extended Stay America - Virginia Beach - Independence Blvd. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Virginia Beach - Independence Blvd.
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4548 Bonney Road, Virginia Beach, VA 23462   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #95 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“This was the WORSE STAY EVER!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I never ever write negative reviews about a Hotel. But I feel like the public must know what they are buying when booking this hotel. My sister booked the accommodations for a family get away to VA Beach this weekend. We had 4 rooms and ended up checking out early because we were so displeased with the stay. To begin, our room was upstairs, the stairwell had trash over run out of the can; the smell of urine, air conditioners that were running water on the already cracked dirty sidewalks, a cat was walking around with no owner and a dog greeted me at the car. The only person at the Front Desk to check us in was dressed in street clothing. Another guest walked up to request towels during my check in and was told that they would have to wait for him to wash them and return the same towels to him. The doubles are twin beds. Need I say more. That means that your double rooms can only sleep 2 people not 4. There is no pool. The Hotel is 15 minutes away from the beach - at least and not the 10 minutes advertised. Guests had hung their laundry (not bathing suits/towels) on the banister for drying. There were people in chairs sitting outside of their room, smoking cigarettes, neighbors talking and even a women rocking a newborn baby until at least 11pm. I can not believe that this hotel is in operation at its current condition. The owners of this property must put some money into it, give the workers the tools that they need to succeed and take pride/ownership into their investment. I would NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR EVERRRRRRR recommend this hotel to anyone. More over, our entire vacation was ruined. We left early the next morning for other accomodations; a little more money but it was well worth it. There were two family members that paid cash and were told that their refund would have to be mailed.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms at the property - we had four on different sides of the building and they we...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Virginia Beach - Independence Blvd., responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Virginia Beach - Independence Blvd.. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Denver, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I stayed at this 'hotel' for 4 days, any stay less than 7 days and you do not get any type of room service. If you would like them to stop by you can pay an extra fee, or you can just go exchange towels at the front desk. Trash receptacles are located on the property for you to discard your trash from the room. The room had more than enough towels for one person for my stay.

Staying here reminded me of living in the BEQ when I was in the military. There were tons of people there that seemed to live there, or were just staying there while in training at one of the numerous bases in the area. Either way, it seemed more like an apartment complex than a hotel which didn't really bother me much but for those visiting the area for the first time or not really accustomed to that type of atmosphere, yes this place will definitely seem like the 'ghettos'.

The room was ok, nothing spectactular, had a set of dishes, forks, spoons, and cups. anything else you'll have to bring if you actually plan on using the kitchen. The internet was sketchy most of the time. It is right off the highway and there were a bunch of places to eat in the area which was a plus. The bed wasn't very comfortable at all, the pillows were pretty crappy but it worked for the weekend I guess. Still debating whether I would stay here again, the location is the only thing that would bring me back, and like I said, the type of 'atmosphere' the hotel gives off isn't everyones cup of tea.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Virginia Beach - Independence Blvd., responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Virginia Beach - Independence Blvd.. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 6 months and during that 6 months I was not treated with respect and the customer service was horrible. They will charge your card but never call to let you know but state they did. They charged my card 4 times without my permission. This is something I had to deal with until I found a home. I spent 3 days listening to a industrial size fan due to a water leak in the room next door which water came into my room as well. I was not offered any type of compensation for this. I feel if a person is going to stay for 6 months, there should be some type of rate that is discounted instead of full price. I know everyone is trying to make a living but they started out with a discount program but it quickly came to an end when the summer came. I do not think this is right. Also the janitorial service is horrible, the cleaning people never cleaned my area in a proper way. There were inches of dirt on the dresser and no one every wiped it down. They did however make the bed and that was it!! The television I had to use cut off when it got warmed up and no one ever offered to replace it. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Virginia Beach - Independence Blvd., responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Quinton,

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Virginia Beach - Independence Blvd.. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we will be making modifications

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

I had driven all night and even though the check in time was 3pm and it was 7am the staff was incredible and got me in my room. The room has a kitchenette with full size refridgerator, stove top, microwave, and toaster. My stay, though brief was one of the most pleasant that I have had in many stays with many different hotel chains. Again, the hospitality of the staff was exceptional and it does go to show how important customer service is!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Virginia Beach - Independence Blvd., responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Virginia Beach - Independence Blvd. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.

Buckhannon, WV
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Giving this hotel a 1 star rating is being way too generous! While I was a guest at this hotel my engagement ring was stolen out of my room while I was at work by one of the housekeepers. I had other valuable possessions in my room including a laptop, a kindle, an ipod, and a nintendo ds. None of these were stolen since they're not easy to conceal like my engagement ring was. The door was shut and latched securely when I left the room the night before, which means someone who had a key was in my room. When my husband informed the manager she was not helpful at all, and copped an attitude with him. During that conversation one of the housekeepers was acting very nervous and fidgeting. When the police arrived she tried to leave the premises, supposedly on her " lunch break", but it was an hour after she clocked in. She was left alone while the police officer took our statement, which gave her plenty of time to stash the ring. When the police officer searched her, of course it was nowhere to be found. The way we were treated by the management of this hotel was absolutely unacceptable. The manager treated us like we were making it up, and did nothing at all to address the issue. We were the victims in this situation, yet we were treated like the guilty party. We are college educated, and professional people, what would we have to gain by lying about this? We did not ask for anything, just my ring back. So please do yourself a favor, if you value the safety of your life and your belongings DO NOT stay in this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Owner at Extended Stay America - Virginia Beach - Independence Blvd., responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Dear Jessy,

I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to personally apologize for your experience at our hotel. The satisfaction of our guests is our top priority, and I offer my most sincere apologies that we did not deliver on that goal.

There are no words to express how sorry I am for the situation with your ring. While the investigation is left to the police, we certainly should have handled the situation with more sympathy and professionalism. I have discussed this with our staff and we will use your feedback to improve upon our service.

If you would like to discuss this further, please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would consider giving us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.
Ellijay, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

This is an average hotel. We were not told ahead of time that there was major renovations taking place. So, we were awakened to the sound of a jack hammer on a Sunday morning. However, we were awarded a free night's stay at any Extended Stay America within the next year. So, maybe it was worth it.

Room Tip: All rooms are approximately the same.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Hampton, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

This hotel has it all. Location, price, quality customer service, and most of all GOOD CLEAN ROOMS. The staff was very helpful with everything from checking in to getting directions to local attractions. I felt right at home.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Extended Stay America - Virginia Beach - Independence Blvd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Virginia Beach - Independence Blvd.

Address: 4548 Bonney Road, Virginia Beach, VA 23462
Location: United States > Virginia > Virginia Beach
Ranked #95 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Virginia Beach - Independence Blvd. 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Virginia Beach - Independence Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Virginia Beach - Independence Boulevard Hotel
Extended Stay Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Virginia Beach - Independence Blvd., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.