“First Day Of Summer Beach Blow Out!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Richmond, Virginia
“First Day Of Summer Beach Blow Out!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

First day of summer I wanted to come in with some fun, so I booked a last minute hotel to Virginia Beach.
The staff was exactly what you expect in a hotel that cost much more, I believe they acted will above the given pay grade.

The room was a single bed over looking the pool, bar & beach, couldn't ask for a better view. The room had way too many towels and that is how it should be, they were quiet comfortable and included a balcony for at least 4.

The pool was fantastic or should I say pools, as they had 3 including 1 inside that was heated, but seemed to be a place for kids under 12. Kids can play while you use the free ISP.

The only issue I found was the early closing of the pool and bar/restaurant, the hotel is missing out on guests looking to relax and are hungry from walking the boardwalk in the evening hours!

Tho I am not a worldly all knowing Hotel owner, it was disappointing not to cool off in the pool or get a cold drink. I ended up ordering a pizza and drinking what I bought looking at the color changing pool below that apparently nobody can use...

This place had a Theater & a fitness room that I did not partake in, if you are looking for long term stay this would be helpful

I would stay again, last minute booking was $300+ for 1 night, little steep but getting in before check in you get a parking pass and can just "Beach It" till check in, very nice place...!

Room Tip: Get a room middle and high, at night people check in and out and the cars, pizza people, people cros...
Green Features: I did not see anything that showed environmentally friendly practices, but that could be good as I didn't see any waste or what they claim they do and that would make it seamless!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Michael G, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and hope you will come back to visit soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
Newburgh, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

First, I would like to mention that very rarely do my husband and I rent a hotel for a vacation stay longer than a couple of days. My husband travels a lot for work, so we usually rent a house with a private pool. He is so worried about feeling like he is at work and not being able to relax. Also worried about being very over crowded. This was not the case at all. We stayed seven nights, and had a very enjoyable stay. We did rent a queen suite, and feel it was very worth it. There was a separate living room with a very small area that included a table for four along with a very small sink, dorm fridge , microwave and coffee maker. Tthe queen suite also has not one, but two balconies. One off of the living room, and one off of the bedroom. We sat on the balcony every morning with a cup of coffee while enjoying the beach come to life. Two mornings we saw dolphins enjoying their breakfast before the ocean crowded them out from their morning fish.. Absolutely beautiful! Kids eat free breakfast in the "Greenery". Again, we were worried it would be so crowded it wouldn't be enjoyable. Once again, we were wrong. There is ample seating to accommodate the rush of guests wanting breakfast before heading out for the day. We were also impressed at the variety of food available. Anything from cereal, oatmeal, bacon, eggs, homemade waffles, homemade omelets, etc. were served from 6:30 to 11:00 am each morning. My husband also ate free as a platinum priority club member and mine was $14.95. For lunch and dinner, kids eat free in the "Blue Whale". I will tell you, you I'll not want lunch and dinner everyday from the same place. While the food is good, the same menu gets old in a hurry. They do have a wide variety for adults and I think about 5 choices for the kids. With kids eating free, our bill was usually around $40, and that included my husband having a beer for dinner. Now to the pools. The pictures online are very accurate and give a very good visual, so I would enourage you to look at them. Be sure to bring visine on your trip, as the indoor lazy river is very strong in chemicals. While we did not take our kids to the "kids camp", as a family we did enjoy some of the daily scheduled activities. Kids of any age, and even adults (if an animal lover) will enjoy the morning feeding of the two resort pet turtles, "Tonka" and "Tink". The kids also enjoyed participating a couple of days in the kids cannonball contest at the main outdoor pool. If you plan to take your kids to the "kids club", from what I saw I was very impressed. It isn't just the typical babysitting club. They have a schedule of activities that changes each day. A few of the things I noticed during our stay was organized kickball, craft time, wii time, a visit to the beach (not near water) playing in the sand and a science class. Also worth noting is the indoor mini movie theater which is playing recent movies all day. The movie schedule changes on a daily basis. The workout room is the only thing I can say could us improvement. There was plenty for me, as all I use is the treadmill and a few light weights. No weight machines. We did not visit the onsite Italian restaurant, as it seemed pricey for a family with kids, and did not have a children's menu that I could tell. I would also like to mention that this resort is at the end of all of the hotels and therefore the beach was not overly crowded. Very nice clean beach. Overall, though I haven't visited any other hotels on VB, if this is your destination, I think you will be hard pressed to find anything comparable. The staff is very friendly, hotel very clean and food was great. If you stay, I hope you enjoy it as much as my family and I.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Michael G, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you for the very well written and thoughtful review of our hotel. We appreciate the time it takes to sit down and write such a detailed review for the world to see. Our goal is to get the word out that we are the number 1 hotel in Virginia Beach and I feel your review will give us that edge. Please come back and see us again in the near future.
Morrisville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Aside from an issue with our smoke detector the first night of our stay, everything was good. Our smoke detectors was "tweeting" because the battery needed to be changed. All of the gentlemen from engineering were professional, friendly and helpful. Also the overnight desk person was great putting us in a temporary room overnight. We especially enjoyed Michael who served us lunch from the square whale poolside. He was very friendly and did a great job! The outdoor oceanside pool was our favorite. We also had a great partial Oceanview.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and letting us know about the smoke detector. I will make sure that the Director of Engineering is aware and we will inspect for faulty fire alarms or low batteries. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to better our hotel.
Dartmouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Stayed at another hotel on Virginia Beach and after stopping in at the beach side bar and meeting Dave H. and talking to him about the hotel I had wished that I was staying at the Holiday inn. Dave was so friendly and informative. The pool was beautiful and everyone was very friendly. I have been to Virginia Beach several times and I will from now on be staying at the Holiday Inn. Dave is a valuable asset to this hotel as he is as professional as he is friendly, Great job......Peter and Linda from Mass.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
It was a pleasure having you stay with us and thank you for writing a review of our hotel. Our goal is to give 100% satisfaction and I am ecstatic to see that we did. Our staff number 1 goal is to make sure every guest has a great stay and I appreciate the fact that Dave stepped up and did so. Dave has been with us for a few Summers and his personality is what our hotel is all about. Please come back and visit in the future.
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

The rooms were very spacious and the location is directly on the boardwalk. The restaurant was very good and the staff truly made the overall stay worth its weight in gold. My wife and I travel a great deal and having friendly staff truly makes the experience for us regardless of the destination.

We also commented on all of the activities for the children and adults as well.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Michael G, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you for writing a review about our hotel, it was a pleasure having you stay with us. Next time you are in Virginia Beach we hope you stay here and hopefully get a 5 next time.
Bethany Beach, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I can't think of any negatives about our stay at this hotel. The staff was incredibly friendly and respectful. Three pools, three restaurants. Room with ocean view and balcony and nice shower. North end of the boardwalk, less hustle and bustle. Short walk to bike rental.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for reviewing our hotel and letting the world know that your experience was above and beyond expectation. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and hope that we will see you again soon. It is nice being at the end of the boardwalk where everything is quiet but a few blocks away from all the action.
Newport, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

My family and I spent a week at the Holiday Inn during the first part of May. All around, it was a great stay! The room was immaculate and the staff could not have been more helpful. In particular, Tiffany, Kenny, Rebecca, Jessica, Spencer, and Margie Roe made us feel at home.

Although I live by the beach in NC, I will definitely plan another trip to this hotel in the future. Make a reservation, you will not go wrong!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. It was a pleasure having you and your family stay with us. Please next time you are in Virginia Beach come back and see us.

Been to Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach? Share your experiences!