“Our Virginia Beach Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Roscoe, New York
“Our Virginia Beach Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

The Holiday Inn North Beach was clean, comfortable and in a great location. The bar on the 6th floor overlooked the ocean and was very cozy. The Square Whale restaurant had delicious food and great service and also overlooked the ocean. But, the favorite of the group I was traveling with was the marvelous breakfast buffet. Food was hot and fresh and the young man cooking ommlets made the best I have ever eaten. Again, the service was superb. Above all, everyone on staff from the valet Spencer who saw to it that our bags went to our room and then picked them up and loaded them back onto the motorcoach when we were leaving to Asia the young lady who checked our group in, to Ashley at the front desk who helped me out when I had a small problem and to Maria and Jay in group sales who handled our stay, I cannot praise the staff enough. They were all so friendly, courteous, kind and went out of their way to be helpful.

Room Tip: A room facing the ocean would be my recommendation. I believe all rooms have balconies.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Michael G, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a pleasant review about our hotel. It was our pleasure having you stay with us and glad you enjoyed all of our amenities. We really appreciate you filling out a review for all others to see and hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

We decided to run away for a couple of days and while we live only an hour away, time at our favorite beach hotel was in order. We were greeted by a terrific staff, arrived before check in time and yet, being a mid week day ,our room was ready. What a great surprise!It was warm enough to sit around the pool and enjoy a cool drink. Great margaritas!! We had not decided dinner plans and later met and talked with Spencer at the desk. He was very anxious to make sure we enjoyed our evening and suggested the dining room at the Sheraton, just up the street. Recommended the chef and even offered us a ride. What a man of charm. We took his advice and had a very nice meal, met the chef and were so glad we had taken Spencer's advice. What a bonus he is to the staff and we look forward to seeing him on our next getaway. Thank you Spencer!!!

Room Tip: Oceanfront is great but many rooms have a variation of ocean view.
Green Features: They certainly make you feel welcome and do all they can to make you want to return. Very friendly staff.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Michael G, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am glad to see your stay was enjoyable and you would want to come back to our hotel. I will make sure Spencer is mentioned at our next all associate meeting for giving such great service. Next time you are in Virginia Beach, I hope you stay with us again.
Whitman, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Booked a room at Wyndham on line when I arrived , I was soo disappointed , it's dirty and pools and jacuzzi were not working , got our $ back , drove 600 miles , now have to find a place , found holiday in north , it's beautiful and clean!! Told r situation to spencer & Asia and they hooked us up w/ a beautiful , oceanfront room! There super friendly , and feel Spencer saved r vacation , ( I was about to turn around and go home !! I will b back next year!!!

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. It was our pleasure to have you and your family and look forward to seeing you again in the near future. I will make sure we give recognition to Spencer for the great job he has done. We appreciate and value your opinion about the hotel.
Grand Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I have stayed in many hotels around the country and several in va. beach but my latest stay was by far the best. the moment I stepped into the lobby the front desk treated me like royalty. the weather was terrible but I can't say enough about my stay. I believe it all starts when you are greeted at the front desk by a staff that truly cares and show they appreciate you picking their hotel to stay at.
thank you to the people of the Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach

Room Tip: just call you can't go wrong
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Michael G, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and writing a review about your stay. It was our pleasure and it shows that our staff truly appreciates each and every guest that stays at our hotel. I will pass this onto the Front Office team for everyone to enjoy the nice words you had for them.
Owings Mills, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

My family and I visited VA Beach 4/12 -4/15 and what started off as a terrible experience turn into the best experiences thanks to Dave at this hotel. We were told our hotel (Fairfield Inn Marriott) did not have a room for us, after traveling 8hrs to get there. They informed us that we had to be moved to this hotel. After getting up the street, which was a bit further than we originally wanted, Dave with Holiday Inn gave us the best customer services and professionalism ever! He accommodated us very well and turn our entire experience around. We will definitely be returning to this hotel in the future, thanks to Dave.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about our hotel. I am happy to see that you had a good time and look forward to seeing you come back in the future. We especially want to thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach.
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Stayed here for a long weekend with my mom and infant son. While the weather wasn't the best, it was a very enjoyable time...much because of the hotel.
PROS:
- It was packed when we arrived and Spencer was quick to offer to move and park our car. He showed up on several occasions and by the second time remember our car and that we had a baby. He was fantastic.
- Called front desk to check status of the crib we asked for...they apologized 3x and had it brought up within 5 minutes. The crib was very clean and worked out perfectly.
- The size of the suite was very nice. Big enough for my son to crawl around and play which is what we wanted. Loved having the two tvs as well.
- The indoor pool/lazy river was very nice. My sons first time in a pool and it was great!
CONS: hard to come up with any really but my only two (which clearly should not be deal breakers)!
- The elevators were really slow
- When we stayed, the only breakfast option was a buffet....I do not eat enough in the am to justify spending $12+ on the buffet

So again, all in all, fantastic place to stay on the ocean with a ton of great amenities & super nice staff. We will be back to this hotel when visiting friends again for certain!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Michael G, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you for writing such a nice review about our hotel. Our employee always want feedback whether they are good or bad as long as they are constructive. I am glad to see that your stay was wonderful and look forward to seeing you again in the future as your hotel of choice in Virginia Beach.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

My family and I just stayed at the Holiday Inn North Beach for spring break. I can honestly say I will not be back to stay at this hotel (the next time we go I will be staying at the Hilton). We arrived with a garbage can in our room with candy wrappers and spit out candy in the garbage. They also didn't have pillows available for my daughter who was sleeping on the pull out couch. We asked all 3 days and they kept on stating they were out. Day #2 we found a sock under the bed skirt area. We attempted multiple times to get extra towels and it would take hours for them to arrive. The floor carpets were stained in multiple areas.

The lazy river is not truly a lazy river, but more of a pool (I expected tube rides around a lazy river). The kids still had fun, but it wasn't the grand size or what I expected. On a positive note, the hot tub was really hot and perfect for someone who wanted to soak their pains away.

The upside to the hotel room was that the sitting area was contemporary and had a nice sitting area with a bar like set up. They had a wine opener, can opener and plates and silverware already in the cabinets. There was also a mini-fridge so we went shopping at the local grocery store (fresh market I believe) and bought some grocery's and wine.

The onsite bar and restaurant were very accommodating and the best part of the entire hotel. My picky eating daughter wanted only buttered noodles and they went out of their way to accommodate our needs. The customer service in the restaurant was above and beyond and was amazing!

Another upside is that it is close to the famous King Neptune statue and bike rentals for the board walk. There is a 7-11 across the street and many shops within walking distance.

For the price and the experience we had with a dirty room (housekeeping issues), I wouldn't come back.

Room Tip: I would choose ground level so you can have a sitting grassy area and walk right to the beach.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write reviews on several review site. Your feedback will help us ensure that we do not make the same mistakes again. I have already spoken to the Housekeeping Director who is surprised as much as I am. We will re train the Housekeeper who cleaned your room.

I replied as well on the other few sites that you wrote on so I can assure you that we received your feedback.

Been to Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach? Share your experiences!