“Hard to Find Anything Negative!” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #13 of 114 hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Hard to Find Anything Negative!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here for a long weekend with my mom and infant son. While the weather wasn't the best, it was a very enjoyable time...much because of the hotel.
PROS:
- It was packed when we arrived and Spencer was quick to offer to move and park our car. He showed up on several occasions and by the second time remember our car and that we had a baby. He was fantastic.
- Called front desk to check status of the crib we asked for...they apologized 3x and had it brought up within 5 minutes. The crib was very clean and worked out perfectly.
- The size of the suite was very nice. Big enough for my son to crawl around and play which is what we wanted. Loved having the two tvs as well.
- The indoor pool/lazy river was very nice. My sons first time in a pool and it was great!
CONS: hard to come up with any really but my only two (which clearly should not be deal breakers)!
- The elevators were really slow
- When we stayed, the only breakfast option was a buffet....I do not eat enough in the am to justify spending $12+ on the buffet

So again, all in all, fantastic place to stay on the ocean with a ton of great amenities & super nice staff. We will be back to this hotel when visiting friends again for certain!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Michael G, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for writing such a nice review about our hotel. Our employee always want feedback whether they are good or bad as long as they are constructive. I am glad to see that your stay was wonderful and look forward to seeing you again in the future as your hotel of choice in Virginia Beach.

599 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My family and I just stayed at the Holiday Inn North Beach for spring break. I can honestly say I will not be back to stay at this hotel (the next time we go I will be staying at the Hilton). We arrived with a garbage can in our room with candy wrappers and spit out candy in the garbage. They also didn't have pillows available for my daughter who was sleeping on the pull out couch. We asked all 3 days and they kept on stating they were out. Day #2 we found a sock under the bed skirt area. We attempted multiple times to get extra towels and it would take hours for them to arrive. The floor carpets were stained in multiple areas.

The lazy river is not truly a lazy river, but more of a pool (I expected tube rides around a lazy river). The kids still had fun, but it wasn't the grand size or what I expected. On a positive note, the hot tub was really hot and perfect for someone who wanted to soak their pains away.

The upside to the hotel room was that the sitting area was contemporary and had a nice sitting area with a bar like set up. They had a wine opener, can opener and plates and silverware already in the cabinets. There was also a mini-fridge so we went shopping at the local grocery store (fresh market I believe) and bought some grocery's and wine.

The onsite bar and restaurant were very accommodating and the best part of the entire hotel. My picky eating daughter wanted only buttered noodles and they went out of their way to accommodate our needs. The customer service in the restaurant was above and beyond and was amazing!

Another upside is that it is close to the famous King Neptune statue and bike rentals for the board walk. There is a 7-11 across the street and many shops within walking distance.

For the price and the experience we had with a dirty room (housekeeping issues), I wouldn't come back.

Room Tip: I would choose ground level so you can have a sitting grassy area and walk right to the beach.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write reviews on several review site. Your feedback will help us ensure that we do not make the same mistakes again. I have already spoken to the Housekeeping Director who is surprised as much as I am. We will re train the Housekeeper who cleaned your room.

I replied as well on the other few sites that you wrote on so I can assure you that we received your feedback.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Traveling with three kids, this hotel was great. We stayed in one of the suites and there was plenty of room so that we didn't feel like we were constantly right on top of each other. The younger kids loved the playroom (Splash Camp) and the tortoises. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review of our hotel. Our primary guest are families due to all of our amenities in the room. Next time you are in Virginia Beach, we hope you stay with us again.
Stuarts Draft, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I wanted a great getaway for myself,my son and parents and we chose this Hotel. It has so much to do for everyone involved just in the motel.We watched a movie in the theater,hunted for turtles,played in the splash camp, ate in two of the restaurants and swam in the indoor pool which is a lazy river pool. Every staff working there always wore a smile and always greeted you.The rooms were spacious and very clean and the beds were very comfortable. The motel is just minutes from The Aquarium and many other fun things for the family to do. I and my family are planning a return visit. A special shout out goes to Asia, the motel is blessed to have you as an employee my family,myself and especially my son appreciate your kindness.

Room Tip: Oceanfront is beautiful saw lots of dolphins
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. It was a pleasure hosting you for a weekend in Spring and look forward to seeing your family again here in the future.
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My fiancé and I stayed here March 16 for one night. The staff at the front desk were great, always had a smile and always willing to help.
We requested an oceanfront room on a high floor away from the elevator - we had room 707 and were not disappointed. The room was nice, clean with a balcony, couch, bed and bathroom. The décor was pleasant.
We did not eat dinner at the restaurants in the hotel but we did go to The Square Whale for a glass of wine before going out to dinner. This is a nice oceanfront spot and the bartender is friendly and will gladly make suggestions for dining out.
The hotel opened up the breakfast buffet in The Greenery an hour earlier than normal due to the majority of the guests staying at the hotel running a 7am race. I went there to get a cup of coffee and a banana. The woman charged me for the coffee but not the banana and I was grateful, I didn't need to eat at the buffet before a 13.1 mile race!
Upon returning to the hotel room after the race around 10:20am, I let the front desk know that we would do our best to check out by 11am and the woman at the front desk smiled and said that she understood if I wasn't out by 11am. That was a relief since I requested a late check out when we check in the day before and I was denied the request.
Overall I would stay here again. The property has a great location, the staff are friendly, and the grounds are beautiful. I stayed here 15 years ago when it was the Holiday Inn and Sunspree Resort - the updated version is much nice than what I remember from 15 years ago.

Room Tip: Oceanfront is great but a pool view room will also have views of the ocean.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Michael G, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for writing a review about our hotel. We strive to provide excellent service and a clean room and reading your comments I feel we have succeeded. I hope that our hotel will be your hotel of choice when you travel to the Virginia Beach area. Thank you again and look forward to your next visit.
Manassas, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Me and my family stayed here Shamrock weekend and we are so glad we had. I normally don't write reviews but this stay was outstanding. It starts with the Front Desk and every time I walked by they said hi and looked at me with a geniune smile. I would walk out of my room and houskeeping has a smile and greeted me and all over staff were so friendly.
The room was spotless and looked brand new. They have 3 pools but we used the indoor pool and hot tub only due to how cold it was. My kids wanted to jump into the outdoor pool but I talked them out of it. I ate one day at the Square Whale which is a cool little oceanfront cafe and bar. They were short staff but worked hard to make sure I had a enjoyable meal. Dave knows how to make a killer long island ice tea, thanks Dave.
I can go on and on but it was such a great time and I will be back this summer and we all cant wait. For the kids they have a movie theater and a kids rooms with fun activities. My kids are in their teens so they enjoyed the movies but were a little to old for the kids room.

Thank you Holiday Inn for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. It has been a pleasure having you here and I will pass on to the entire team all the positives that you stated. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is the third year we've stayed at this hotel and it just gets better and better! We come down to visit family and even though we could stay with them I enjoy staying at this hotel because there are so many activities for my two little ones. They remember the turtles in the splash camp now and get so excited to visit them hah!

This is our first time visiting in the spring and I was a little worried that it wouldn't be as fun as this hotel is during the summer but the place was busy and the staff was still so friendly. We had a great time. Just wish it was a little warmer outside!

If you are looking to stay on the oceanfront definitely check this hotel out. It's always clean and the staff is amazing. During the summer it's not as crowded on the beach and there is so much for the kids to do (we love the little movie theater). We will definitely be back!

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for writing a review about your experience at our hotel. I am glad to see that your stay was a charm. It is nice to see our returning guests and look forward to seeing you again the next time your are in Virginia Beach.

Been to Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach? Share your experiences!