“Amazing vacation destination!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Damascus, Maryland
“Amazing vacation destination!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We stayed the first week of October and had an incredible time! The room was spacious, clean, comfortable and has a magnificent ocean view and balcony. The amenities were wonderful and all the staff was friendly and helpful. The beach was perfect and water still warm enough to swim in. We counted at least 60 dolphins in our 3-day stay. I can't say enough about this amazing hotel and location!

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view. You can't beat the experience!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Michael G, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill our a survey about our hotel. On behalf of the entire hotel, it was our pleasure to host you and hope that you will stay with us again in the near future. It is nice to see our guests even in the off season has so much to do at our property.

Thank you please come again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This hotel was nice. The amenities were great! I personally was in child overload here. I would not stay at this hotel based on too many children. I didn't realize it was a family oriented hotel. Don't get me wrong, I would definitely recommend this hotel. I just don't suggest it to a couple who is traveling without children to stay here. Children were everywhere, laughing, running, crying...just being children. They had everything, 3 swimming pools, bar at one of the pools, theatres in the hotel etc. The staff tried their best to be accommodating and friendly. I stayed in my room as less as possible and stayed on the beach.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a survey about our hotel. I am glad to see you enjoyed your time here and hope to see you back soon.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

This was a wonderful hotel right on the beach. We stayed here the first week of September while my husband was doing a course and very much enjoyed it. There was a great selection of pools - and though they were cold, they were enjoyable. The larger pool was by far the best, the smaller outdoor ones were a little dirty, but it's too be expected in an outdoor pool! Great beach access and a fun little cafe/bar poolside. The elevators needs improvement - there are only two in the building we were in and with the Shriners in town it made for long waits. Plus the one by the pool had this soft middle area which was a bit scary, along with a jolting motion in between the 1st and 2nd floor. The room was amazing! Beautiful balcony and view, comfy beds and a fridge and micro which was helpful.

The staff were great. Very friendly and helpful with any questions or concerns. While we didn't have kids with us, there was a ton if kid activities and movies playing in the theatre. Breakfast was enjoyable and the breakfast staff were beyond amazing. The location is higher then most of the places on the strip but there is trolley/shuttle stop right across the street. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Roberto H, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I hope your stay was enjoyable enough that you will come and visit us again in the future and hopefully we can rate a 5 with you next time. Thank you again and see you soon.
Farmville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

This was a very nice hotel with a nice view of the ocean. I was there for a business conference. Staff was available when I had any questions and parking was across the street. Hotel would be a great choice for families! I would definitely look into making a reservation here for a family weekend trip. I enjoyed the indoor swimming pool(lazy river) and the whirlpool since it was cool outside. The only issues that I had were: small elevator and the shower bar/door. The shower bar was loose and I had to fix that before opening and closing the door. After my shower, the door kept getting stuck that it fell off the track and I fixed that, too. Otherwise, my stay was great!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for writing a reviw about your stay with us. Please come back and see us again, next time you are in town for Virginia Beach.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Perfect location on the strip in the middle of everything. All rooms are ocean front balconies on one side and all glass looking over the strip on the other. Everyone was friendly and the rooms were kept clean . Didn't eat there as there are to many choices elsewhere and they were a bit pricey. Parking kinda sucks but there is not much they can do about that they have a extra lot available a 1/2 a block away. Looking At the other hotels while we were there and I would stay here again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about our hotel. I truly am happy that your stay with us was enjoyable. Hopefully we will see you again, next time you are in Virginia Beach.
Poplar Grove, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has a great new building and location. The movie theater is a really nice amenity, especially on rainy days. The little water park is just enough to entertain little children for a couple hours, nobody else. The drawbacks of this resort hotel are lack of elevators and lack of personnel at the check in counter. This results in long waits at both locations. And the personnel on duty are so overworked that they aren't really interested in helping the visitors.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Roberto H, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for the review and allowing us to look at the positives and the negatives you experienced so we can correct them. I hope we see you back again in the future.
richmond
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We arrived Friday 9/20. We'd chosen that weekend specifically because there were no festivals at Va Beach that weekend and wanted a fun, peaceful getaway. When we arrived, I noticed there were 3 weddings, and 2 Navy reunions scheduled. Our younger daughter has difficulty with crowds and noise. I crossed my fingers, and asked for a room as far away from noise and activity as possible. The lady working the front desk was named Robbi, was very helpful. She was able to find a quiet corner room. She was also very helpful in recommending a good place for takeout pizza (we often avoid restaurants for the same reasons). So first off, thanks to Robbi!!

We stayed 2 nights, and honestly you would have never known the hotel was full due to the weddings and reunions. We saw lots of other families with young kids enjoying the kids' camp and all the pools. Our room was very comfortable and spacious. With 4 of us, it was nice to have things like padded benches at the foot of each bed, so we had extra space for our bags. Also, there were things like paper plates, bowls, and a can opener. The bathroom was also very spacious--lots of towels, and a nice touch: Bath and Body Works products. Our balcony had plenty of room for us--we'd brought beach chairs, so just added them to the ones provided on the balcony, and we had seating for all of us.

The kids loved the pools and indoor lazy river, and meeting the African tortoises. We were within walking distance of several restaurants and shops. There was free parking right across the street. All the employees we encountered were cheerful and courteous.

A little off topic, but if anyone else is a walker/jogger, if you go north, instead of the Boardwalk, there are several charming neighborhoods. Also a little easier on the joints, than the concrete Boardwalk.

The only thing I would change is: previous reviewers are right---the outdoor pools could use a little heating!! It's chilly out there, and someone has to catch younger kids as they come out of the slides!! Fortunately this time it was my husband, not me!!

Room Tip: We booked an oceanfront room. I think it was a $10-$15 a night difference over the basic room. Def...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Roberto H, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a pleasent review. Our goal is to continue to satisfy our guests and I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Been to Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach? Share your experiences!