I've already written a review that went directly to Holiday Inn but it doesn't seem to be on any website.
We were really disappointed with our 2013 trip. We arrived on September 4 and departed on September 13. Last year's visit was excellent so we decided to return this year. This year, our room was on the second floor (I'll never accept a room on a floor that low again) in the south tower. I asked for a room on a higher floor but the facility was booked so there was nothing available. I honestly don't know if the mattresses were queen or not, as I had requested.
The differences between the south tower and north tower were like night and day. The hallways were at least 20 degrees warmer. The hallways near the elevator were generally dirty and crowded as it seems to be near an entrance to one of the banquet rooms. The elevators were old and creaky. Our room was next to the housekeeping supply room and there was a constant gathering of chattering housekeeping staff. The hallway near the soda and ice machine had a perpetual smell of electrical burning.
Our view from the second floor balcony was of palm trees. And more palm trees - thus the vow to never stay so close to the first floor. The room's air conditioner was behind some sort of partition, but that didn't make it any quieter. The mattresses were rocks -- I may as well have slept on the floor. The walls near the bottom of the shower stall had mold / mildew. The bathroom set-up was ridiculous. You had to shut the door to your left, and reach behind you for toilet tissue. Not much water pressure in the shower, either. If the pressure was decent, the water was scalding.
The rest of the facility is very nice. The three pools are wonderful. The restaurants on-site are convenient, if a little expensive. It just seems that the south tower seems to be the forgotton stepsister.
Although this isn't the most expensive facility at Virginia Beach, we paid enough that it should have been a better experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Splash into 250,000 gallons of fun, enjoy a movie in our movie theater and relax on your private balcony. Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach guestrooms feature mini-refrigerator and microwave, flatscreen TV, iPod stations and free Internet. Splish Splash Lagoon features an outdoor lazy river & two 12-foot waterslides. Float down indoor Lay-Z-Rivah or lounge in the sun by the outdoor pool. For entertainment, enjoy activities for toddlers to tweens in seasonal kids Splash Kamp. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach Hotel Virginia Beach
- Holiday Inn And Suites North Beach
- Holiday Inn Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Holiday Inn