I spent a week at this hotel the end of May/beginning of June. I was here for work and personal. My experience was amazing. The staff was professional from front desk check in to valet, housekeeping and the maintenance staff that fixed my remote control. The rooms are all angled towards the ocean and have fantastic views. Parking and valet were free.
As an IHG member I received free breakfast which at most hotels would not be a big deal but this breakfast was impressive. An egg station for cooked to order dishes, every fresh cut fruit you can think of, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, smoked salmon with capers, caprese and more. This is one of the many reasons I am now sold on IHG hotels over Marriott - to get this $15+ breakfast for free every morning just for being an IHG member is a nice touch, they also gave me a room on the top floor which provided exceptional views (the views even on the ground level were nice).
The rooms are spacious and while they are outdated the bedding and towels are new and up to the standard you would expect from any nice hotel. The restaurants were good, the room service and the Square Whale have the same menu which was surprisingly good (try the crab cakes, you won't be disappointed). You can dine on the patio over-looking the water or sit at the bar by the pool. There are two pools on either side of the hotel which means you can always find a chair and its right on the water if you want to be on the beach.
My only real complaint would be the noise from the fighter jets, I think this hotel is right in the flight path. They went until about 11pm which can be tough if you're trying to sleep early but from what I understand noise from jets is a common thing in VA Beach and not unique to this hotel.
I would stay here again on my next visit to VA Beach and recommend it to families, groups or solo travelers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Splash into 250,000 gallons of fun, enjoy a movie in our movie theater and relax on your private balcony. Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach guestrooms feature mini-refrigerator and microwave, flatscreen TV, iPod stations and free Internet. Splish Splash Lagoon features an outdoor lazy river & two 12-foot waterslides. Float down indoor Lay-Z-Rivah or lounge in the sun by the outdoor pool. For entertainment, enjoy activities for toddlers to tweens in seasonal kids Splash Kamp. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach Hotel Virginia Beach
- Holiday Inn And Suites North Beach
- Holiday Inn Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Holiday Inn