“Staff and rooms are excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #9 of 115 hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
York, Pennsylvania, United States
“Staff and rooms are excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

We went to Virginia Beach with no hotel reservations. I called the Holiday Inn and spoke to Roberta the manager. He advised me they were booked but to call back later to see if there was a cancellation. Fortunately there was one. My family was planning on staying in Virginia Beach for three days.

The hotel was booked all three days. The next morning I ask if they had any cancellations, they said they would do their best to extend out my stay and they did! The room and staff were great! We had a poolside room which overlooked the pool and had a great view of ocean. Thanks to the management and all of staff. Great Service!

• Stayed May 2013
Roberto H, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for you comments regarding our rooms and our staff. We strive hard to make every guests experience a great one. Our goal is to be #1 on Trip Advisor and our staff takes pride in doing so. Your review will be put up in our new breakroom so everyone on staff can have the satisfaction that I have.

661 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
Rixeyville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I LOVE EVERYTHING HERE! It's my home away from home for the past 7 years.

Roberto (the Front Office Manager) is so wonderful and always keeping me straight with my reservations for all of the last minute mini vacations I take! He is a One of a Kind!

There are so many reasons we return here:
1. The entire staff makes my family feel like we are welcomed guests in their home!
2. The property is ALWAYS as clean as my own home!
3. The entire staff are top notch professionals!

I HIGHLY recommended you bring your family here, there will NEVER be any regrets :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for such a thoughful review of our property. I appreciate you taking the time to tell the world about your wonderful experience. We at the Holiday Inn North Beach look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Hampton, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

A friend and I stayed here for our second visit to Virginia Beach on our way further south. We love this hotel! We love the view and the closeness of the beach and the boardwalk. We love the hot tub and the lazy river pool. This time we brought our own "noodles" and we floated around for a long while. I wish the hot tub had a view to the outside - it seems to be tucked in a corner, but it's hot and large and we love it! We had a two room suite - it cost less than a standard double with the AAA discount, so why not! The bar/lounge/restaurant is gorgeous and inviting. We sat at the bar and ordered appetizers only - they were a great dinner. They give you a beautiful plate of olives and crusty bread. It's fabulous! We will be back another day!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Typical Holiday Inn, but they failed in way too many areas to get anything but a poor review.

Water issues countless times...loss of cold water and toilet use.....thanks...this is always handy.

Filthy stained floor / carpeting. Unsure what it was but the carpet had not had a deep clean in a long time, and had numerous black stains on both sides of the beds. Something dripped and was smeared all over. (left my socks on for this one)

Lost money in a vending machine, would not refund. Machine said it took dollar coins, I put in SBA dollars, they went into the slug box. But they graciously broke a $20 so I could sink more of my $$ in it. Thanks.

Door Key Card timed out on checkout at 11:05. had to get a new card, front desk chastised me about the checkout time at 11. Gave a new card so I could retrieve my bags which were ready to go right inside the door. I know what time checkout is, I don't need a lecture from a front desk clerk. I was on my way out, your not my mother reminding me of the time!

Lastly stains on the white / sheets and bedding...........nobody wants to see that!

I know these may seem little and trivial, but to me these little things are what ruins a stay at an otherwise nice place in a great location.

Room Tip: If you must stay here because you are getting the deal of the century, stay in an ocean front suite.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Roberto H, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
I want to apologize for the issues you had with the water during your stay. When you notified the Front Desk, we responded right away and our Chief Engineer came in at 2am to fix the situation. The situation was resolved promply but I do understand how frustrating it was to have only cold water.

If you allow us the opportunity again, please make sure you let the Managers know about any issue you might have regarding your room. I looked back and spoke to every Manager and we have no record of you mentioning our room issue or we would of resolved it quickly.
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Just returned from a weeks business trip to this hotel. My room overlooked the beach on the 4th floor and can only be described as excellent. The room was spacious with a massive bed and plenty of pillows. It was spotlessly cleaned everyday. The view from the balcony was great and I took some great pictures of sunset and sunrise. There were 2 pools which again were fantastic with crystal clear water. The breakfast was buffet style with plenty of choice and cannot be faulted. All the staff were extremely helpful. The only very minor observation I had is that there was no in room safe but there was a safe available in reception. Would definitely recommend this Hotel.

Room Tip: There is no in room safe but a safe was available in reception with your own key
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Roberto H, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear BobbyVegasEngland,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you were so comfortable in your room and enjoyed the view from your room. We are glad you had breakfast in the Greenery and loved all the options on the buffett. We hope to serve you again!
Richmond, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is a great hotel for families. We stayed two nights during spring break. The weather was not great, but the hotel offers a lot for the kids so it was perfect even on cold rainy days. The indoor pool and lazy river was great and the kids spent a lot of time there. The movie theatre is also another great addition for the hotel. The Splash Camp is a fun activity for the kids. Although, we could not leave our kids because they have to be four or older (we have a two-year old and five-year old) it was still great fun for them. The staff was very friendly and we did eat lunch in their casual restaurant on site. The food and service was excellent. It would be lots of fun to try out the outdoor pools and lazy river, but we will have to come back when it is warmer.

I only gave the hotel four stars because the hotel room itself was not up to the level it should have been. We stayed in a King oceanfront room with a sleep sofa. The room was clean, modern and the bed was comfortable. However, there are a few issues that should not occur at a hotel at this level (and for this price). The biggest issue was that the seal on the sliding door window was broken, meaning the entire window was fogged detracting from our view. More importantly though, there was a gap at one corner of the door between the glass and the frame that let a lot of cold air in overnight. On the second day, housekeeping did not clean our room (we mainly needed the trash taken out), and we even asking the staff specifically to clean the room, but they still forgot to do it. Lastly, the room was missing a chair for the desk and a bed skirt (not important to us really, but surprising for the type of hotel). So the room was not perfect, but it served our needs and we would definitely return. Overall, we would like to have given the hotel five stars because it is a great place, but there were a few room issues that we had to take one away for.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for writing such a pleasent review about our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed everthing about our hotel and hope to see you again.
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We met family for a weekend of fun in VA Beach. Our children range from 3-10 yrs old. They have something for every age. My children LOVED all the options- lazy river, pools, movie theater, gym, play room, beach and of course, the boardwalk. I love that the kids eat free when adult orders an entree. The breakfast buffet is awesome- omelets to order, cereal, fresh fruit, salmon, bagels and more.
The room was quiet at night, nicely appointed with comfortable beds, refrig, microwave, beach view. Please note there is only a shower, no tub. We would stay again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach? Share your experiences!