This is a great hotel for families. We stayed two nights during spring break. The weather was not great, but the hotel offers a lot for the kids so it was perfect even on cold rainy days. The indoor pool and lazy river was great and the kids spent a lot of time there. The movie theatre is also another great addition for the hotel. The Splash Camp is a fun activity for the kids. Although, we could not leave our kids because they have to be four or older (we have a two-year old and five-year old) it was still great fun for them. The staff was very friendly and we did eat lunch in their casual restaurant on site. The food and service was excellent. It would be lots of fun to try out the outdoor pools and lazy river, but we will have to come back when it is warmer.
I only gave the hotel four stars because the hotel room itself was not up to the level it should have been. We stayed in a King oceanfront room with a sleep sofa. The room was clean, modern and the bed was comfortable. However, there are a few issues that should not occur at a hotel at this level (and for this price). The biggest issue was that the seal on the sliding door window was broken, meaning the entire window was fogged detracting from our view. More importantly though, there was a gap at one corner of the door between the glass and the frame that let a lot of cold air in overnight. On the second day, housekeeping did not clean our room (we mainly needed the trash taken out), and we even asking the staff specifically to clean the room, but they still forgot to do it. Lastly, the room was missing a chair for the desk and a bed skirt (not important to us really, but surprising for the type of hotel). So the room was not perfect, but it served our needs and we would definitely return. Overall, we would like to have given the hotel five stars because it is a great place, but there were a few room issues that we had to take one away for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Splash into 250,000 gallons of fun, enjoy a movie in our movie theater and relax on your private balcony. Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach guestrooms feature mini-refrigerator and microwave, flatscreen TV, iPod stations and free Internet. Splish Splash Lagoon features an outdoor lazy river & two 12-foot waterslides. Float down indoor Lay-Z-Rivah or lounge in the sun by the outdoor pool. For entertainment, enjoy activities for toddlers to tweens in seasonal kids Splash Kamp. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel, Venere and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn And Suites North Beach
- Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach Hotel Virginia Beach
- Holiday Inn Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Holiday Inn