“Love it very nice Holiday Inn at the Beach” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Love it very nice Holiday Inn at the Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I just walked in to the hotel with out reservation and the staff are very nice, friendly, very clean hotel. They have a lot of options from movie teather, splash kamp a nice lazy river pool with a hot tub. We had a wonderful time thank you to the Holiday Inn staff members.

Room Tip: The Deluxe Two Queen beds suites is awesome for a group of 6 people
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
Earlysville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Wanted to write this review before we actually left the hotel (first time for that). I stayed for one night with my wife and two kids and we have never had a better experience at Va Beach. The staff has been extremely friendly and helpful from the first minute we arrived. My son and I got to enjoy a movie at the on site theater (for free) by ourselves. He thought it was great to have and entire theater to himself. The indoor pool is really fun too. Clean room, good breakfast (though the buffet was not available since it was the off season) and the kids ate free. All in all the best hotel experience we have had in six stays at Virginia beach. We will be coming back in the spring. The only drawback would be the proximity to the rest of the activities at the beach. The hotel is on the far northern end of the boardwalk so it will be a drive or a long walk to get to the center of town.

Room Tip: Two queen bed suites are large and have one tv in the bed room and a second in the living room with...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Williamsburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

North Beach is probably twenty blocks from the center of Virginia Beach, so the biggest drawback is the lack of close non-hotel restaurants and shops. Parking is a nightmare in the center of town, so this location is best for people who want to stay put or are not there for a long period of time. We stayed in a ocean front room on the fourth floor. The decorating scheme was off-putting, as the styles were confusing and conflicting. However, the bed was very comfortable and the view was terrific. The room was fairly large and had a sofa bed (uncomfortable to sit on - we did not try to sleep on it) and a desk. There were two chairs but no table on the outside deck. We found the heat to be slow to respond and fairly noisy. The hotel staff was welcoming and the lobby is attractive. There are three pools, a playroom, an exercise room and a small computer center. Internet was free, but very slow. Parking is across the street and free. There are three restaurants. Isle of Capri, on the sixth floor, is excellent for dinner, serving Italian food in a romantic setting overlooking the beach. The Square Whale serves lunch, and was also excellent, although a bit overpriced. The breakfast buffet was very nice, with made-to-order omlets and waffles along with many other items. Service was excellent at all three food service locations.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
richmond,va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We booked a oceanfront suite and could see dolphins from the balcony(end of Sep 2012).There is not much crowd in front of the hotel which makes it ideal.Shopping and hotels are a walking distance.Holiday inn is always reliable in terms of cleanliness and good quality beds.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

My wife and I stayed in the Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach for one night on our way back to NYC after having been evacuated from the Outer Banks because of Hurricane Sandy.
Although the Hotel itself is lovely with well appointed rooms, a non-staffed and poorly-lit parking lot that is across the street from the hotel is the main problem with this place. Equally troubling was the hotel's response after being told our car was discovered vandalized in their parking lot the day we checked out.
When checking out, we found that our car had been "keyed" by someone the entire length of the right hand side of the car. There was absolutely no question that it had occurred there, as the car was fine when we left it the night before. Because we were in a hurry to return to NYC to help family prepare for the hurricane, we decided to write the hotel afterwards to explain what happened. We recieved a "form letter" response from the hotel manager, thanking us for our feedback and letting us know that our experience helps them identify problems they can improve upon. Nothing more, thus turning what was supposed to be a $175 dollar night into a $2000 one.

Again, nice hotel, but don't ever bring a vehicle there because if you have any kind of problem, I suspect you will be ignored as we were.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear TomNYC1,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. Please accept my deep apologies for the inconvenience our parking lot may have caused during your stay. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

This hotel was absolutely perfect! I booked a week-long stay in October; I’m told the summer months are crazy and October is far calmer. I contacted the hotel directly to make some special requests for my stay; the staff was more than happy to help. The hotel is beachfront with spectacular views. I booked an Oceanfront King Suite. It had two private balconies overlooking the pool and ocean! The weather was wonderful so most days we left the balcony doors open to let the ocean breeze and music from the poolside bar in. You could tell the suite had recently been renovated. New TVs, new telephones, new fridge and micro. The suite had a great wet bar area with counter-height chairs to eat at the counter if you wished. Suite had lots of space, more than enough to spread out for the week. It was decorated in a very chic, colorful beachfront color scheme which instantly made you feel like you were at the beach.

Hotel had great facilities. Several restaurants on-site which were great. Reasonable prices, great view, and good food. The food service staff was always both prompt and friendly. The hotel has a pool and splash park. They also have, something that I have never seen at a hotel before, a great indoor lazy river! Even as adults it’s impossible not to have fun in a lazy river! They also had a movie theater in the hotel, but they were only showing children’s movies at the time of our visit. The entire resort is beautiful and just a few steps will get you right on the beach and boardwalk! They also have room service which was surprisingly fast, about 20 minutes from order to delivery.

By far the best part of this hotel was the staff. Amazing! They were so friendly and nice. They offered to help with just about anything. Great knowledge of the local area and proved a great resource for us. They knew our names by the second day and greeted us, by name, each time we saw them. No matter how busy it appeared, the staff always made you feel like you were the most important guest they had. They also made sure to acknowledge my Platinum Elite Priority Club status; this has been lacking at some hotels lately, and I hadn’t been getting the recognition as I did in previous years. This hotel, however, made a point to thank me for my loyalty; it seems small but it makes me feel like they value me as a guest, and want me to come back. This is not your typical hotel; the rooms and design and colors aren’t those of a typical Holiday Inn you could find near any major airport or city. It’s a fun, chic, relaxed beachfront resort and it was a great choice for our vacation!

I cannot praise this hotel, and the staff, enough for what a great job they did! The hotel was perfect, the location was perfect, the staff was perfect! What an amazing Holiday Inn hotel – It’s too bad more hotels aren’t like this one. I cannot wait to return! In fact, I didn’t want to leave! If you want an awesome beach vacation, this is the place! I didn’t find any negatives during my entire stay and had a great vacation! This is definitely my new favorite beach resort!

Room Tip: Book a suite! Well worth it... lots of space
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HISUNAGM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear 'FlyAway',
We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your great compliments to our team members. We're pleased to know we help create family memories. Please know your comments will certainly be shared in our next all associate luncheon. Please come see us again soon!
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed at this property over the Columbus Day weekend when visiting town for a soccer tournament. It's definitely a good choice for Virginia Beach. It's clean, nice and right on the beach. The breakfast was delicious (and comped for us because of the tournament, which was great). The bed was comfortable and the room, although not oceanfront, had a decent view of the ocean from the balcony. Great service from the car valets and front desk too.

My only bone of contention would be the slow service and not so great yet overpriced food at the oceanfront bar-type restaurant, but that was made very tolerable by the fantastic music selection it played all weekend (great beachside music) and also just the lovely outdoors view of the ocean while you waited for the food.

All in all, this was a good hotel choice, so I was glad our team picked it! (and you can always go to another place to eat).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach? Share your experiences!