This was our 4th time in VA Beach and 3rd time staying at this hotel. Every time we return it gets better and better. We have a family of 5 so finding a hotel that accomodates us is a little difficult at times. Since our last visit, the Holiday Inn has added beutiful family-sized suites and I think we got the best room in the entire hotel. It was AMAZING with 2 king sized beds and sofa bed as well as table and wet bar with microwave/fridge. Both rooms were very spacious and the bathroom that had three sections--two toilets, three sinks and a shower. Perfect for a family and definitely spoiled us since it will be unlikely that we find a suite this size again anytime soon.
The best judge of a good room though is the comfort of the beds and they were wonderful. I felt like I was sleeping at home.
Only downside is that we went in July which means we probably paid top dollar to stay here--other times of the year it may not be as expensive
As far as activities. The hotel has nice pools outside and a lazy river pool inside. We spent most of our time at the new kids pool which had a couple of slides that our 6 yr old loved. We were on the 1st floor of the hotel and could walk right out to the boardwalk and beach which was also really convenient.
Suggested fun activities we did beyond the hotel/beach:
- Jet skiiing on the ocean--cool! - Go to Rudee Inlet Rentals
- Victory Cruise in Norfolk past the naval shipyard--it's awe inspiring to see battle ships and aircraft carriers that close up
- Tour NAS Oceana and watch the fighter jets take off and land
- Eat dinner at Captain George's all-you-can-eat seafood buffet (includes crab)--YUMMY!!
If we make it back to VA Beach for a 5th visit, we definitely will stay here again. Just wondering what they'll add next time to make it even better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Splash into 250,000 gallons of fun, enjoy a movie in our movie theater and relax on your private balcony. Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach guestrooms feature mini-refrigerator and microwave, flatscreen TV, iPod stations and free Internet. Splish Splash Lagoon features an outdoor lazy river & two 12-foot waterslides. Float down indoor Lay-Z-Rivah or lounge in the sun by the outdoor pool. For entertainment, enjoy activities for toddlers to tweens in seasonal kids Splash Kamp. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach Hotel Virginia Beach
- Holiday Inn And Suites North Beach
- Holiday Inn Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Holiday Inn