“Second Convention - still the right place” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #37 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Second Convention - still the right place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Second convention and the place still looks good. New Manager, new Chef.
Building, rooms, hotel and bar are still good quality. Good WiFi and business office to print flight information.
Five blocks from I-264/ I-64 interchange - far enough away to be quiet. Indoor and outdoor pool.
Plenty of places to sit with laptop, plug in and relax.
Va beach is 25 min east, Downtown Norfolk 25 min west. Naval Base & Airport not far - just one interstate goes to both.
Individually wrapped cups so you know they are clean.

Room Tip: Rooms with low number, 401, 402 are near vending machine but not elevator. North side gets sun, W...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

This place have bed bugs on the 2nd floor, and the girls at the front desk are liers, it just disgusting! Bed bugs bed bugs bed bugs bed bugs bed bugs bed bugs bed bugs bed bugs bed bugs bed bugs bed bugs bed bugs bed bug bed bug bed bugs bed bugs bed bugs. YUCK!

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Mary Elizabeth C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Toor D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you feel this way about our hotel. When you reported this incident we immediately notified our exterminator as we take allegations as such very seriously. Upon the inspection, the report that was furnished to the hotel stated that there were no signs of infestations in your room or surrounding rooms for that matter and that is the truth. Our hotel takes pride in being an award winning Holiday Inn! As you can see by the numerous other guest reviews, our hotel is very well liked by our guests.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I can't put in words how much fun had at the holiday Inn . The staff is excellent especially Missy she made my stay wonderful with her humor the 18 wheeler parking is difficult but if you know what you are doing nor a problem l also want to say they have a bar and restaurant great did not have to leave the hotel for anything just t to get my cousin bartender she was very helpful and friendly I can't wait to get back to the holiday Inn for more remember moments. If have the mean stay at the holiday Inn!!!

Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Mary Elizabeth C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear JediTraveller,

Thank you for such a great recap of your visit with us at the Holiday Inn! We know you have plenty of hotel choices but wish to thank you for selecting to return to our hotel again. I am sorry that you had a few hiccups in your stay. I apologize for the inconvenience that it may have caused. Our guest services team has reviewed your comments to assist in the training of our staff. So again, thank you for sharing your feedback!

I hope you return again to visit us the next time your travels brings you to the Virginia Beach/Norfolk areas.

Regards,
Va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was our second stay at this hotel for ROF Con. It was pleasant overall. The lobby is very modern looking. Friendly staff at the registration desk. We checked in very late in the evening on Friday and apparently the only rooms still available were on the first floor. It was convenient in that we could park out back near our room and bring our stuff through the sliding glass door rather than shlepping our gear through what would have been a long walk through the halls, but I think we heard a lot more commotion than we would have if we were on a higher floor since our neighbors liked to congregate outside of their room in order to smoke and chat. They weren't being unruly but I'm a light sleeper and it was noticeable to me. It think they finally dispersed around 3 AM. Despite that, the rooms seem relatively insulated against noise compared to some newer constructions. We didn't hear any room parties and that is a good thing. We were at least fairly far from the elevators. It's kind of odd that the only public restrooms in the hotel when the restaurant is closed are down the hall past the ballroom, and because of the con, access to them was restricted. We had badges and so didn't have a problem, but it might have been a concern to a visitor. Odd that the Xpress Cafe doesn't open until 10 AM. I think last year I got coffee at the cafe in the mornings but that was not possible this time. You can go to the restaurant Ashley's for a to-go cup during breakfast time, but you have to flag down a server. The coffee there is good, though, and is worth the extra effort or else you'll be stuck with the in-room stuff. The room that we got this year was definitely not as clean as the one we had last year. Carpet needed vacuuming and we found dust and debris such as dry cleaning tags and a chapstick on the floor and hair on the bed and the counter in the bathroom. The sink is very flat -- stylish but somewhat splashy. Lots of counterspace. Bathroom is bright but the room is not. Bed was comfortable. The room has a small fridge (no freezer) and a microwave. The fitness room is very good; towels and water are available but they ran out of clorox wipes for the equipment. There are three treadmills but one is out-of-order. Two reclining cycles, two ellipticals. Nice set of dumbbell free weights with two benches. We were allowed late check out on Sunday since I am a Priority Club/IHG Rewards member.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Dear JediTraveler,

Thank you for choosing to return to our Holiday Inn for a second visit and for sharing all of your feedback. It sounds like you may have experienced a few hiccups during your stay. I truly apologize for those mishaps! I do hope that you do return to see us again though the next time your travels bring you to the Virginia Beach/Norfolk areas.

Yorktown, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I look forward to our weekend stay Feb 27. Arriving with hubby and teens in tow. Having reviewed many hotels I hope to give this a 5 star......Ive certainly learned the in's and out's of traveling with family as we have travelled a lot. I hope to upgrade our room but I do know that the hotel is probably going to be sold out...fingers crossed! So Holiday Inn bring on the great service!! See ya Friday!! UPDATE TO FOLLOW

Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Mary Elizabeth C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear DarBar59,

Thank you for selecting our hotel for your upcoming visit. You are indeed correct that we are going to be sold out this weekend as we have a huge conference in the hotel this coming weekend. I noticed you are somewhat local to the area, so perhaps you are attending the conference. If you would like, please call ahead and we can see if we have any suites remaining. Hopefully we can also change that 3 star rating to a 4 or 5 star after you stay with us!

We look forward to welcoming you and your family!

Johnson City, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here while visiting family. The lobby is gorgeous. Front desk staff are friendly and helpful. Ashley's has very good, reasonably priced breakfasts, also with good service. I enjoyed my stay very much!

Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Dear ChuckTN56,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Norfolk/Virginia Beach! My staff and I know that you have many choices for hotels in this area and we appreciate your business. In addition, thank you for sharing such beautiful comments about our hotel. We were renovated a few years ago and the lobby is indeed beautiful. I will be sure to share your compliments with the staff as well. I hope that you choose to stay with us and dine in Ashley's the next time you visit our area.

Regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2015

Over the years I have traveled all over the Mid to easterly regions for work and I have to say, staying at this Holiday Inn is always a treat. The Building, Staff and Management are top notch! Today is the first time that I have ever written a review for a hotel good or bad. This review for me is a privilege to all future customers and staff alike. My colleagues and I got stuck at the airport today. Instead of waiting out the weather we decided to go ahead and call back this hotel, which we stayed the night before. I had the pleasure today of speaking with and finally meeting the GM this afternoon. Mary Collins (GM) took the time out of her day to come rescue us from an awful morning at ORF. Once arrived greeted by LaTonya and she got us a new room minutes.

On other occasions in the evening hours I have had the please to meet friendly and talented bartenders. Laurie, Holly, Caroline, all three are knowledgable about the menu, quick to make your order, and what thought was more important they were polite and friendly no matter how swamped they were with customers.

Lastly I want to mention the Sales Manager Betsi Radd. Betsi has helped me on several occasions. One of which was this past summer. There was a little down time so we all wanted to get on the water for a few hours and do some relaxing fishing. Without hesitation Betsi got online to help us search for an accommodating boat at a fair price. She found it, we rented it! Great afternoon we had. Most recently she helped me find another holiday inn in West Plains, MO. with her help I was able to be close to were I wanted at a fair price. I called all over West Plains before asking for her help. I believe she made one phone call and deal was done.

Don't pass up the opportunity to meet this staff and stay at the location!

Thank You All at Hotel & Conference Center VA Beach.

Room Tip: Facing the pool defiantly! One of the best hotel pools I've ever seen!
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Mary Elizabeth C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk, responded to this review, February 18, 2015
Hi Michael T,

Wow! What a fabulous review! Thank you for taking the time to fill out such a great review about our Holiday Inn and your home away from home! After already staying with us for a couple of nights, I know you were stranded here for an additional night due to the snow and ice, so I am glad we were able to pick you and your colleague up at the airport after your travel plans changed. It was definitely a pleasure speaking with you both and sharing some funny stories. I am also excited to share your compliments with the team players you mentioned in your review. The staff always appreciates such positive feedback so I know that will make their day as well. I do hope that you choose to visit us again the next time your travels bring you back to the Virginia Beach area!

Best Regards,

Mary Elizabeth Collins

Been to Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk? Share your experiences!