“Accomodating staff, updated property” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #38 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Washington, D.C
“Accomodating staff, updated property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We arrived late in the evening, they had the two cribs I requested already set up in the room. The lobby, bar, conference area has been very well done, its a modern look and busy on a weekend night. This hotel probably is more busy in the summer than winter, they have an outdoor pool but nothing indoor other than a decent workout room. I was very pleased, the room was clean though the heater/AC unit would switch back and forth from hot to cool air when turned on. The price was great through a third party opaque site, I wouldn't hesitate to stay again in the future

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Mary Elizabeth C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear brianrouse,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share such kind words about our fine hotel. Your words are music to our ears! The staff and I are always happy to receive such positive feedback. Hopefully the next time that you return to our area, you can contact us directly and we can surely help you get the best rate available.

Thank you again and Happy Holidays!

Regards,
Mary Elizabeth Collins

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Pauly at Ashley's is great. I had a great burger. I enjoyed the dinner and local beer ipa. Renee up front took care of me. Renard talked about Florida st football. Home made chips were solid. They jumped on the service and had superb attitude and service.

• Stayed December 2014
Dear Dude 111111111,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words about your most recent visit to our hotel and our restaurant. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself as you dined in our restaurant. I will be sure to share your comments with the team members you mentioned. Please feel free to stop by and visit Ashley's again.

Regards,
Mary Elizabeth Collins
Mooresville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2014

My husband and I stayed here when visiting for Easter weekend 2014. One reason we chose it was because it showed that it had an indoor pool. When I brought my grandson to go swimming and asked directions to the pool I was told the pool had been closed for more than a year. I advised the desk clerk that they needed to update their information, so guests will know. Other than that, the hotel was pretty clean, and close to our daughters house. The staff was very friendly and we really liked having a little coffee shop right in the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask what floor the large parties of people are staying on, and stay two floors above it.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Dear Kathi C,

Thank you for writing a candid review about your recent stay. It makes us happy to read you liked our location, the friendliness of our staff, as well as most of the amenities we offer. On the other hand, we regret that the lack of swimming pool prevented you from fully enjoying your visit.

The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2014

Holly went over and above her job to help my family. My Dad was ill, and needed some wine to help him sleep. Holly gave my daughter 2 samples of wine, so he could try them, then we bought a bottle. She is so delightful to talk to, and greets her customers with a great smile. Had a great reunion because of her, and I would also like to praise waitress Sharia, who waited on us every am with breakfast. Thanks again

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2014

This hotel was my worse Holiday Inn experience ever. The room was average, the carpet was dirty, the bathroom was ok. The large on wall air condition unit was noisy and loaded with mildew. The breakfast was below average, food choices was limited and the food was room temperature. The ice room on the 2nd floor smelled like something was dead. It smelled that way for my entire stay.

• Stayed September 2014
Michelle D, sales assistant at Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk, responded to this review, October 8, 2014
Dear Kennywayne2012,
Thank you for staying with us and for writing a review. We apologize for the experience you had and the problems you experienced. We want our guests to leave having had a great stay and we are not satisfied with the experience you described. Please contact me at 757-226-9124, so we can discuss your stay further. We hope you will give us another opportunity to show our dedication to our guests.
Michelle, Manager of Guest Satisfaction
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2014

I stayed here with my wife on September 26-28. The hotel seemed like it use to be an old motel six. The bed was comfortable, but the room not what I'm use to from holiday inn and suites. After my first night stay we went out for the day when we returned I noticed the cleaning staff had thrown away all our stuff including what was in the fridge. We were not offered any compensation. The carpet was very dirty and the air condition unit had mildew and was very noisy . Also the ice room smelled like a garbage dumpster something was dead. The breakfast was very unappealing. This was the worst holiday inn I've ever stayed. Never again.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Kenny W,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. We apologize for the experience you had at our property. What you described is not the experience we want for our guests. I would like to gather some more information about your stay and have a more in-depth discussion offline. Please contact me directly at 757-226-9124. I hope you will give us another opportunity to impress you.
Michelle, Manager of Guest Satisfaction
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2014

Very helpful and friendly staff. Service was exceptional especially at the blu bar in the lobby, with a special shout out for Malerie. Very well situated and suited for reunions. Ashleys restaurant serves a very nice breakfast buffet except one day the scrambled eggs were not up to par. All in all a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk? Share your experiences!