The hotel website shows a beautiful indoor and outdoor pool (heated), but when we arrived we discovered that the indoor pool was closed, the outdoor pool was not heated and my wife had to clean all the leaves out of the pool. My family of four is not into doing the polar ice plunge. The hotel manager, William, was apologetic but unhelpful. This was a vacation pre-planned and pre-booked. Instead of us enjoying the area like normal, we had to spend our entire evening trying to search around for a hotel with a heated indoor/outdoor pool for our kids to enjoy. We decided to leave after staying two nights and the hotel did not even offer any compensation for the lack of amenities as advertised. Talk about a bait and switch!
The front desk customer no service clerks were unfriendly. No one greeted us as we came in and out, in fact, one particular clerk (short portly woman) gave me a dirty look upon our check out.
Never again will we patronize this establishment.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Hotel Virginia Beach
- Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Hotel
- Holiday Inn Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated within minutes of Norfolk International Airport, the beautiful beaches of Virginia Beach, the restaurants & shops of Virginia Beach Town Center, and the Virginia Beach Convention Center the Holiday Inn Executive Center in Norfolk/Virginia Beach is a perfect destination whether you are traveling for business, to a local sporting event, or for a family getaway. The Holiday Inn Virginia Beach/Norfolk is centrally located between Virginia Beach, downtown Norfolk, Chesapeake & Williamsburg providing convenient access to Government Bases such as Norfolk Naval Station, Little Creek Naval Amphibious Base, Fort Story, Oceana Naval Air Station, & Norfolk Naval Shipyard & local businesses such as Verizon, Sentara Leigh, Riverside Corporate Center & Amerigroup. Traveling for sports events? The hotel is located near the Princess Anne Athletic Complex, Hampton Roads Soccer Complex & the USA Field Hockey National Training Center. Looking for fun things to do? The friendly staff of the Holiday Inn Virginia Beach/Norfolk will provide you information and directions to close by attractions such as the Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center, Cape Henry Old Lighthouse, Norfolk Botanical Gardens, and the Chrysler Museum of Art. We feature 20,000 sq. feet of flexible ballroom space perfect for your company meeting, family reunion, wedding or social event from 5 to 500 people. From our entire staff we look forward to your visit! **Hot Tub Is Currently Closed For Renovation, it will Re-Open in a few weeks, updates to follow** ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.