“Friendly staff, pleasant stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #40 of 114 hotels in Virginia Beach
Prince George, Virginia
“Friendly staff, pleasant stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

We went to a convention so we stayed at the hotel, and it was very nice! The room was clean, and the staff were super nice. I hadn't stayed at a Holiday Inn in ages so I didn't know what to expect. I would recommend this hotel! Free wi-fi, decent breakfast buffet, decent workout equipment in the gym. They did well with the convention too.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

205 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
West Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Based on reviews that had been posted prior to April, I was not expecting good food at Ashley's Lounge in this Holiday Inn. We had several buffet meals there, and I was impressed by the freshness of the food and the reasonable price during the reunion weekend we spent there. We also ordered off the menu for a final breakfast on Monday and felt very satisfied with the food and the friendly service. It was much more convenient to eat at Ashley's on the reunion weekend than to leave the property in search of food. Each time we left on an errand, there were few parking places to be found when we returned.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Beaufort, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This hotel was very clean and had very friendly and helpful staff. The room we stayed was comfortable for us; it just seemed a little dated. The lobby area was very pretty with the fire going when we arrived. It also looked like they had a nice outside pool. To bad it was snowing out and we couldn't enjoy the pool area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear BrookeChris,

Thank you for your feedback of our hotel. We are glad to know that found our staff helpful. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I am deeply sorry that on this day we were not able to meet your expectations especially with the condition of the room you received. Your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades.

Again, thank you for posting your comments.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We selected this Holiday Inn only because it was the hotel base for a reunion in the Norfolk area. We were pleasantly surprised by the size and comfort of the room, the great shower and some other amenities.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed here to be close to the naval base where my nephew is stationed. It's a great location and we had easy access to everywhere we needed to go. The hotel is very nice and clean inside, as are the rooms. We had a king room that included a sleeper sofa. The bed was extremely comfortable and we really appreciated the (labeled) firm pillows. The fridge and microwave was very convenient to have. The hotel was pretty busy as they had 2 large groups in-house, but this was not an issue. The pool and hot tub are decent, but that area is in a little bit of disrepair - the sauna is closed up and not functioning, the non-functioning water fountain has some junk sitting on top of it, and there seems to be an issue with stocking towels for the pool (though this may have been a result of the 2 large groups.) All in all, I would recommend staying here. It's a very comfortable hotel at a good value.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Newport News, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

My recent stay was a much better one than previous stays at other Holiday Inns, mainly due to the staff. I was there on business and the meeting rooms were excellent. First class all the way! The lobby was great, as was the indoor pool & jacuzzi. I had a first floor room, and being a smoker, having a sliding door to outside was a definite plus. I just wish the lock worked. There was a security bar though, so no big issue. The room was great and my faith in Holiday Inn has been restored. I can not speak as highly of Ashley's Bistro. Because of the large number of people involved with the event I attended, they chose to go with a buffet only for the weekend. It left a little to be desired. The food wasn't bad, but it wasn't all that great either. The selection was rather poor, and cold. I gave them 3 chances, then started going elsewhere. All in all, a great stay with a fantastic staff.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Pittsboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Norfolk for just one night, sadly, but I would have much enjoyed staying longer.

The bathroom was sparkling and the bed was crisp and clean. The shower stall was lined with stone and the water pressure was great. The towels were soft and plentiful. My room overlooked the lobby from the fifth floor, which was a nice view and made for a very restful stay. With no external walls, it was quiet as could be. No traffic, street noise, or even airplanes overhead.

The room had a fridge and microwave, as well as a comfortable chair in the sitting area and a nice desk to work at. The bed was vast, and the air conditioner was surprisingly quiet (always a pet peeve of mine when the A/C in a "luxury" hotel sounds like a car running beside your bed).

I needed to print something out, which would have been fine to use their well appointed business center, except it was 158 pages and the desk manager politely said that was a little large, which I agreed to. I asked her where a nearby Kinko's was, and she printed me a google map to the place by the time I came downstairs. Very helpful and attentive. I was impressed.

The attached restaurant, where I had breakfast, was just as nice. The food was delicious, made to order, and very reasonably priced.

I checked out early as my trip ended sooner than I had thought, but I would have been happy to stay a lot longer.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk? Share your experiences!