Stayed here over Labor Day because most of the hotels at Virginia Beach were booked and the ones that weren't were overpriced. At this hotel I paid an average of 170 a night which I thought was too much too but it was a holiday weekend. Nice hotel, beautiful modern bar with 3 tvs to watch sports. I liked how the bar was open to the hotel's large lobby. The bartenders were wonderful. Used room service one night which I would rate very high, speedy service and the crabcakes were surprisingly good. Rooms were nice, housekeeping does a good job but the rooms are small. Could hear some noise from the upstairs room and hallway but it was not bad. Downsides are that the hotel is very busy, it is hard to find a parking spot and many events are going on all the time. The busy atmosphere was not in line with a relaxing beach vacation. Also, the hotel is a 15 mile drive to the beach but the drive is beautiful and didn't bother us. Hotel staff was great including the front desk. There was a nice young woman there that was very helpful when we checked in and smelled cigarette smoke in our room. She moved us quickly and was very pleasant about it. One last thing. I read on another review before I came that the first floor rooms opened onto the pool. I asked for one because of the review and was glad I did! I never used the pool but also never had to use the one elevator. Would recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated within minutes of Norfolk International Airport, the beautiful beaches of Virginia Beach, the restaurants & shops of Virginia Beach Town Center, and the Virginia Beach Convention Center the Holiday Inn Executive Center in Norfolk/Virginia Beach is a perfect destination whether you are traveling for business, to a local sporting event, or for a family getaway. The Holiday Inn Virginia Beach/Norfolk is centrally located between Virginia Beach, downtown Norfolk, Chesapeake & Williamsburg providing convenient access to Government Bases such as Norfolk Naval Station, Little Creek Naval Amphibious Base, Fort Story, Oceana Naval Air Station, & Norfolk Naval Shipyard & local businesses such as Verizon, Sentara Leigh, Riverside Corporate Center & Amerigroup. Traveling for sports events? The hotel is located near the Princess Anne Athletic Complex, Hampton Roads Soccer Complex & the USA Field Hockey National Training Center. Looking for fun things to do? The friendly staff of the Holiday Inn Virginia Beach/Norfolk will provide you information and directions to close by attractions such as the Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center, Cape Henry Old Lighthouse, Norfolk Botanical Gardens, and the Chrysler Museum of Art. We feature 20,000 sq. Feet of flexible ballroom space perfect for your company meeting, family reunion, wedding or social event from 5 to 500 people. From our entire staff we look forward to your visit! **Hot Tub and indoor pool are currently Closed For Renovation updates to follow** ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Hotel Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Holiday Inn