“DIrty Hotel” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Ottawa
“DIrty Hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2008

Stayed five nights for a conference. This place needs a good cleaning. If you wear white socks you will soon see how dirty they get from the carpets in the room. You can see where the vacuum cleaner does not clean. Bathtub was rusty around the drain. Toilets don't work properly. The pillows have seen better days, ripped seams with the filling coming out and stained YUCK! The cleaning lady did not hold the door open when she was cleaning, just put the security latch across and I listened to bang, bang, bang the entire time she was cleaning the rooms in my area. Room was not cleaned well, crumbs left on the table and floor, I guess they don't vacuum unless you are there and request it. Will back to this area for future conferences but am considering staying somewhere else.

• Disliked — Lack of cleanliness
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Northern Va
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2007

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Executive Center for 4 days in Mid-July. The place was packed with numerous family renuions and Little League Baseball teams, but it did not really bother us. The rooms were pretty clean, though we had some mold on the wall in the bathroom. Biggest complaint was over the supplies not being replenished daily and a stopped up toilet. I had a little meeting with the manager, and things got better after that. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2007

I went to the hotel with my family of five and another family of five. The hotel staff was very helpful and courteous. There were about five different functions going on at the hotel that weekend but the staff handled themselves well. Our rooms were clean, the public areas were clean, the breakfast buffet was good (kids eat free). All together we had six children, four were teens and the other two were small children. If you don't like children, don't go during the summer. The teens occupied the outdoor pool and the children were in the indoor pool. Some people were complaining, but they must have forgotten that the kids were on vacation too! We just joined the other parents sitting around the pool and watched the kids. The beach was about 15 minutes away which was fine. We visited the local attractions in the day and were happy to leave the noise at night. The front desk had directions and brochures ready for any activity you would want to do. All in all, I had a very pleasant stay and would stay again.

• Liked — Clean room, restaurant on site
  • Disliked — not sure
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2006

My husband and I had stayed at this Holiday Inn about 15 years ago. It has really held-up well. The rooms did not look worn, which was my concern. The rooms and grounds have been well maintained. Kudos!

It was a busy weekend when we were there. The staff began to work with us before our trip. I had special request for a room. The manager, Rachel, made it happen. AWESOME customer service!!!!!

This Holiday Inn accepts pets, a must for our family. Thank you, Holiday Inn!

Even though it was a busy weekend, the staff seemed to hold their own and not looked frazzeled. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves at this hotel. Oddly, because of the size and attention to service and nice pools and workout facilities, it honestly felt like being at a small resort. You don't see that too often at a non-resort hotel anymore! Well done!

We also ate at the hotel restaurant, Ashley's. The night we ate in at Ashlehy's, they were just starting a new menu. Our waitress told us the kitchen was a little frantic. Thank you! This gave us the option of staying or going somewhere else. It also gave us a heads-up. I wish more restaurants would learn this. It is better for us to know that our meal may be slow or a bit off than to have us walk away angry and disappointed. We stayed and enjoyed a nice meal. I was surprised that chef wasn't coming out to ask patrons what they thought about the new menu. They had a small, but decent wine list that seemed to pair well with the items on the menu.

In all, I would definately stay here again and am very pleased to know that customer service is not dead! Hurray for the staff at Holiday Inn Virginia Beach-Executive Center!!!

• Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
Harrisonburg, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2006

We stayed at this property when we needed an overnight place attending an awards ceremonyon the oceanfront on a Friday night. As we couldn't stay all weekend, we were able to snag this for the reasonable price of about $70 for a smoking room on Hotwire.

It concerned us that there were a plethora of fruit flies in the room, but inspection of the mattress didn't reveal anything else we should have been concerned about.

The hotel is not anywhere near the beach -- it's about a 20 minute drive but close to the interstate -- and shows wear and tear in the public areas and bathroom fixtures. However, given the price on a weekend night in high season, it did what we needed. I don't know that I'd pay much more for it, though.

Stayed June 2006
Charleston, SC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2006

They boast free wireless internet, but I spent an hour of my time on the phone with their tech support who could not resolve my internet connection problem. My problem was text messaged by the tech support to their supervisor who was not available, but would call me back when he could. Two and a half hours later, I received a call, but I was already in bed asleep. The supervisor left a voice message for me to call tech support again. Their reason that I could not connect is that their wireless internet service does not support IPV6. In order to connect, I had to uninstall this program from my laptop. It does not make sense that I would need to down grade my computer, instead, they should upgrade theirs to today's standards. Please understand, my laptop is government furnished and the IPV6 is needed to connect to government websites.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2006

This hotel was excellent. We went for a weekend getaway. I was very impressed with this hotel.... we weren't ocean front but we were only about 15-20 minutes away. The food was great!! I will definately be back!!

• Stayed April 2006

Been to Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk? Share your experiences!