“Another great visit!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Washington, DC
“Another great visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

I've been visiting the Norfolk area for years on business and found this place a few years back. It's a terrific place to stay, very customer oriented. The facility has been recently remodeled, and it won the InterContinental Hotels Renovation of the Year Award for their fantastic upgrade.

They treat their Priority Club members very well. I was automatically upgraded to a suite, and they give a daily certificate good for discounts in the restaurant and bars at the hotel.

The location is right at the intersection of Interstates 64 and 264, so it provides easy access to both Norfolk and Virginia Beach downtown areas.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dawn B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk, responded to this review, December 12, 2011
Thank you for staying with us again and for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. The hotel is constantly inventing new ways to improve service and product and we appreciate that you enjoy your visits and come back to stay with us when you are in the area.
We look forward to seeing you again and Happy Holidays.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Columbia, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011 via mobile

Don't be fooled by the nice lobby setup. Although the staff was nice, the condition of the hotel does not warrant the price! Room setup is average, nothing special. Once evening begins, all serenity goes out the window!! Every night during my stay there were loud parties in the conference room after midnight. Even the loud air conditioners in my room could not drown out the sound. As a paying customer, I felt very inconvenienced. I would have been better off sleeping in my car. Never again will I waste my money on this hotel. General manager, please install sound proof doors to your conference area if you would like to transition this place into a nightclub!

• Stayed December 2011
Your recent review is appreciated and we thank you for staying with us. The month of December is full of Holiday Parties and during the time of your visit we had a holiday party on both nights. I apologize for the level of noise and that you had room issues during your stay. If the hotel was made aware of your concerns during your visit we would have corrected the problem to make sure the remainder of your visit was a pleasant one.
Thank you again for your feedback and it will be used to make improvements.
norfolk
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

Administration was the main problem. After I booked the reservation, the next time I went in, they had the reservation date wrong. My contract had someone else's address and phone number on it. They changed the location of the conference rooms we booked without notifying us. When I arrived, the refrigerator was not working but they did send someone to correct that problem right away. We had members of our group call BEFORE our registration deadline that were told there were no rooms available and yet our rooms had not been filled. They were the lucky ones, they stayed someplace else. They told me to fill up the coffee pot in the hospitality room with water from the restroom. I had thirteen complaints about the beef dinner out of thirty four plates ordered. The other food was OK. Several of the people in my party complained to me about the noise level while they were trying to sleep. There was loud music playing and there were children running up and down the hallways and administration did nothing about it when it was brought to their attention. I wrote the general manager a few days after the reunion to complain about our experience and he has not yet responded. The catering manager called and told me that they had never had anyone complain about the beef before. She indicated that my complaints were unfounded. The beef was tough, gristled, and fatty, so make your own opinion. We were at this same hotel five years ago for our reunion and did not have these issues which is why we chose to go to this hotel again. But after this experience, several people in our party have requested that we do not book our reunions at this hotel in the future.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Dawn B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
First I would like to apologize to you for the issues that you had during your reunion. I would like to be able to talk to you personally about your issues as well. That is not our level of service and we take your concerns very seriousily.
I will speak with the General Manager about the letter that you stated you sent to him to make sure that he did recieve it and that it is addressed.
Again, I so apologize, and would welcome the opportunity to speak with you about your visit.
Northern Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

Enjoyed our stay. The staff was great. The rooms were clean and modern!

Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to make sure each guest visit goes above expectations. We welcome your next visit.
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

I stayed there at the end of Sept. to visit my boyfriend who is in the Navy. Great hotel!! We've stayed there before and would definitely stay again! The front desk staff was outstanding and very helpful! But as much as I liked them, all my compliments go to the bartender Felicia! She was by far the best bartender I have ever met! She remembered who we were from a previous visit and treated us like we were VIP's! She was the only reason why we kept coming back to the bar! Besides the great service we received, I do have to comment on the pools. The indoor pool was kind of sketchy and the water was freezing. The outdoor pool was dirty, but still had a nice time sitting around it at the tables. I love this hotel and would definitely stay again the next time I come to Virginia!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dawn B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk, responded to this review, October 16, 2011
Thank you for staying with us and choosing to stay with us when you are in the area. We do have an improvement plan for our pool and spa area and hope that when you visit again it will be completed, we want you to have a stay that from check in to check out is a wow experience. It seems like Felecia has that covered in the F&B Department. I will make her aware of your positve comments and we are glad to hear that she had a part to do with making your stay welcoming.
Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to your next visit.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

I stayed at this beautiful Holiday Inn last week for a family reunion and the stay was great. It rained cats and dogs the whole time and their lobby had a few drip, drips but it happens when it rains for 5 days straight!
I did not care for the pools, that was my only issue. The outdoor pool had no lights in it at all and the indoor pool was creepy and the spa did not work properly. Someone had punched a huge hole in the window of the sauna too, real shame.
This is for sure a great hotel and we did enjoy our stay and trip.
Next time can we order some sunshine? Thanks for the service!

Room Tip: Odd # room was great, sleeper sofas avail.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent visit and for making us aware of your area of concern. We hope to see you again in the near future and when you do return we hope you will like the improvements that we have planned for the indoor pool and spa area. Your areas of concern have been expressed to our General Manager and Engineering staff and we appreciate your feedback.
We were happy to be the host hotel for your family reunion and many more to come.
babylon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

This property has been updated since the last time I stayed there which was several years ago for the better. The room was clean and modern and check in was a breeze. The staff was on point and greeted everyone walking in the door. Did not use the pool or the restaurant and bar but they looked nice.The gym was ok but very clean. Overall, I would recommend this hotel. I also got a good deal on Priceline for it at $68 a night.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Dawn B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your positive feedback the fact that you are a return guest of the hotel. We have made numerous changes to our property and we are glad that you noticed and approve of them. Our goal is to make sure every guest stay is an enjoyable one and that you check out of our hotel with a positive experience.
We look forward to your next visit.

Been to Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk? Share your experiences!