“Enjoyed our Stay!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ambassadors Inn & Suites - Virginia Beach

You added Ambassadors Inn & Suites - Virginia Beach to your Saves list
Ambassadors Inn & Suites - Virginia Beach
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   716 21st St., Virginia Beach, VA 23451 (Formerly Quality Inn Pavilion)   |
Ranked #81 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Vienna VA
“Enjoyed our Stay!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2007

The staff at this recently renovated hotel is friendly and helpful. The rooms are a good size, clean and well kept. Any reported problems are dealt with quickly. We did not experience any odors or noise, nor did we feel unsafe at any time. There is a good-sized refrigerator and a microwave in each room which is very helpful for keeping drinks cold and for keeping milk and small snacks. The TV's do not accomodate video game hookups, but all the appliances seem relatively new and are in working order. Housekeeping does a quick room cleaning, but does not clean the tub or coffee makers daily. The walk to the beach is about 10 minutes - too long with beach chairs etc., but fine for a miniature golf outing, a walk to the boardwalk, or just out for lunch/dinner. Our stay was surprisingly pleasant at this nicely priced hotel. Thanks to the great folks at the front desk!

• Stayed July 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
US
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2007

My husband and I drove from Massachussets to Virginia Beach and stayed here for a couple of nights. Horrible place, the worst hotel I have ever stayed at! I can't believe it's considered a 2 star hotel; it looks more like a cheap motel. There were sleazy people hanging around in front of their room and even barbecuing as if it they were in their house!! I was really happy when we left this place.

virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2006

hey guys this hotel is excellent .this would be the best deal i got in virginia beach. front desk staff was frindly, standard clean room up to the mark. nice outdoor pool, an average mexican restaurant onsite with room service. but juss need to change their brekfast time (pls open up more earlier). well litted parking space. i could park my car right out of my door. its hardly 8 min walks to the beach.. who wants to stay at beach at the price double of this hotel. i prefer get time with ur family walkign down to beach . they do have free shuttle to beach but its crazy out there during weekend i bet u will reach earlier if u walk. i had a problem with my key but the frontdesk guys explained me where i was making mistake. thanks pete he was kind enough to accompany me to the room and fix it.. this was really a pleasant holiday.. i am sure i am comign back ...next summer.. thakyou qualtiy inn

Stayed July 2006
Memphis, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2006

The renovated rooms are nice, since you're only spending $125 per night (before taxes) on summer weekends. You'll easily spend $190-$200+ per night (before taxes) for the hotels 5 blocks away on the beach.

However, these prices attract a rowdy crowd. The hotel was noisy late at night, and you can hear everything going on outside your room.

However, I never felt unsafe. The place is well-lit, and as mentioned previously, probably too well-lit, because the window curtains don't keep out all of the light.

The people running the hotel don't seem to have control of it, and pretty much let people make all the noise they want. However, my wife just used earplugs & she was fine. The hotel really should invest in some security guards to get control of the kids that are there on weekends.

I think the place would probably rate a 4 during the week as a place to stay next door to the convention center. I'm guessing that the noise issue is really only a problem on weekends.

• Stayed July 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2006

I also visited this hotel and was impressed with the renovations. The rooms look nothing like the pictures on this website. The staff was friendly and accommodating and gave us the option of using the hotel shuttle to go to the beach. As a visitor to the VA beach area, I did not feel unsafe or as if I was is a "bad" section of town. The area was quiet and there weren't people loitering on the premises. My rating---not bad, considering the price of the rooms.

• Stayed April 2006
kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2006

hotel is superb.. we had ou best tiem.. excellnt front service.. we had couple of problems in rooms but they fixed it as soon as we let them know.. my wife and kids had a good time.. its near to beach.. giving u all the easy access to nearby attractions.. anyways its a nice place.. guys i am comign back...
thankyou

• Stayed April 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2006

First, let me say that I have not stayed in this hotel, however, as a travel agent, I was invited by the staff to do a complete walk-through of the property before selecting a hotel for a Virginia Beach event we are planning this Summer. After reviewing the pictures and seeing other reviews, we had decided not visit the property. But after the other properties showed significant signs of beach wear and tear, we decided to give the Quality Inn Pavillion a shot. I WAS PLEASANTLY SURPRISED!!! They are currently in the midst of a MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR RENOVATION and the property looks really good. Nothing like the pictures above. All of the rooms have been renovated and they are almost done with the landscaping and exterior renovations. The rooms have all new furniture and soft goods and new carpet. The bathrooms have very nice granite showers inside. I was really impressed as I wasn't expecting this from a Quality Inn. And SURPRISE, SURPRISE!!! They have suites too! I couldn't believe it. The one and two bedroom suites come complete with full kitchens and living areas. The bathrooms in the suites are HUGE with jacuzzi like, marble bathtubs in some of them. My favorite was the one bedroom suite with the outter terrace, marble bathroom, and yes... a King Size Cherry Wood Sleigh Bed! If you're attending an event at the convention center, this is definitely the place to stay if you're looking for a clean, budget-friendly property. Don't get me wrong, it's not the Ritz Carlton, but for a Quality Inn, I was pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business

Been to Ambassadors Inn & Suites - Virginia Beach? Share your experiences!