“what else other then perfect vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ambassadors Inn & Suites - Virginia Beach

You added Ambassadors Inn & Suites - Virginia Beach to your Saves list
Ambassadors Inn & Suites - Virginia Beach
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   716 21st St., Virginia Beach, VA 23451 (Formerly Quality Inn Pavilion)   |
Ranked #81 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
virginia
“what else other then perfect vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2006

hey guys this hotel is excellent .this would be the best deal i got in virginia beach. front desk staff was frindly, standard clean room up to the mark. nice outdoor pool, an average mexican restaurant onsite with room service. but juss need to change their brekfast time (pls open up more earlier). well litted parking space. i could park my car right out of my door. its hardly 8 min walks to the beach.. who wants to stay at beach at the price double of this hotel. i prefer get time with ur family walkign down to beach . they do have free shuttle to beach but its crazy out there during weekend i bet u will reach earlier if u walk. i had a problem with my key but the frontdesk guys explained me where i was making mistake. thanks pete he was kind enough to accompany me to the room and fix it.. this was really a pleasant holiday.. i am sure i am comign back ...next summer.. thakyou qualtiy inn

Stayed July 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Memphis, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2006

The renovated rooms are nice, since you're only spending $125 per night (before taxes) on summer weekends. You'll easily spend $190-$200+ per night (before taxes) for the hotels 5 blocks away on the beach.

However, these prices attract a rowdy crowd. The hotel was noisy late at night, and you can hear everything going on outside your room.

However, I never felt unsafe. The place is well-lit, and as mentioned previously, probably too well-lit, because the window curtains don't keep out all of the light.

The people running the hotel don't seem to have control of it, and pretty much let people make all the noise they want. However, my wife just used earplugs & she was fine. The hotel really should invest in some security guards to get control of the kids that are there on weekends.

I think the place would probably rate a 4 during the week as a place to stay next door to the convention center. I'm guessing that the noise issue is really only a problem on weekends.

• Stayed July 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2006

I also visited this hotel and was impressed with the renovations. The rooms look nothing like the pictures on this website. The staff was friendly and accommodating and gave us the option of using the hotel shuttle to go to the beach. As a visitor to the VA beach area, I did not feel unsafe or as if I was is a "bad" section of town. The area was quiet and there weren't people loitering on the premises. My rating---not bad, considering the price of the rooms.

• Stayed April 2006
kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2006

hotel is superb.. we had ou best tiem.. excellnt front service.. we had couple of problems in rooms but they fixed it as soon as we let them know.. my wife and kids had a good time.. its near to beach.. giving u all the easy access to nearby attractions.. anyways its a nice place.. guys i am comign back...
thankyou

• Stayed April 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2006

First, let me say that I have not stayed in this hotel, however, as a travel agent, I was invited by the staff to do a complete walk-through of the property before selecting a hotel for a Virginia Beach event we are planning this Summer. After reviewing the pictures and seeing other reviews, we had decided not visit the property. But after the other properties showed significant signs of beach wear and tear, we decided to give the Quality Inn Pavillion a shot. I WAS PLEASANTLY SURPRISED!!! They are currently in the midst of a MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR RENOVATION and the property looks really good. Nothing like the pictures above. All of the rooms have been renovated and they are almost done with the landscaping and exterior renovations. The rooms have all new furniture and soft goods and new carpet. The bathrooms have very nice granite showers inside. I was really impressed as I wasn't expecting this from a Quality Inn. And SURPRISE, SURPRISE!!! They have suites too! I couldn't believe it. The one and two bedroom suites come complete with full kitchens and living areas. The bathrooms in the suites are HUGE with jacuzzi like, marble bathtubs in some of them. My favorite was the one bedroom suite with the outter terrace, marble bathroom, and yes... a King Size Cherry Wood Sleigh Bed! If you're attending an event at the convention center, this is definitely the place to stay if you're looking for a clean, budget-friendly property. Don't get me wrong, it's not the Ritz Carlton, but for a Quality Inn, I was pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2006

I never stayed at this hotel. I was told by my friends that it was in a bad section of town, opened to the outside (with young girls in tow I don't feel that it is safe opening to the outside), and the hotel was poorly maintained. I chose to change my stay based on my friend's advice. I cancelled my reservation at 11PM Friday night before I was to arrive on Sat with a couple of 16 year old girls for a basketball tournament. I was told I could not cancel without a charge to my VISA card, and that the cancellation policy for the block of rooms was 72 hours. I checked with our team manager who originally held the rooms and she was not told of any 72 hour policy. There was never a signed contract to hold rooms, and when I gave my Visa number to confirm it 10 days prior - I was not told then that there was a 72 hour cancellation period. In fact less than 72 hours when I found out we were not playing until Sat AM and I didn't need to stay Friday night I called and cancelled Friday night no problem. that was Wed - less than 72 hours from Friday. The customer service was horrible - they charged my Visa and they were rude to boot. I will never stay there and I am writing the Va beach bball league to ask them never to patronazie this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2006
Germantown, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2005

Is there anyone here (at the lobby)???

I stayed at this place for one week, and i must say this place was as close as you can get to a disaster. First the room i rented had a broken air condition, okay i had to ask for another room at the lobby. Then at night they had these projector lights out in the parking lot that went right through the curtains couldn't get much sleep unless i turned away from the window... Then the forth day there was a teenage party that lasted all night, and when i finally went down to the lobby, there was nobody there to help so i had to call the police...I don't know about you but if you want Quality you better also be ready for trouble...Price was good, bed was well made and room was clean.

• Stayed September 2005

Been to Ambassadors Inn & Suites - Virginia Beach? Share your experiences!