“I recommend this hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ambassadors Inn & Suites - Virginia Beach

Save Saved
You added Ambassadors Inn & Suites - Virginia Beach to your Saves list
Ambassadors Inn & Suites - Virginia Beach
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   716 21st St., Virginia Beach, VA 23451 (Formerly Quality Inn Pavilion)   |
Ranked #85 of 115 hotels in Virginia Beach
“I recommend this hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2006

I also visited this hotel and was impressed with the renovations. The rooms look nothing like the pictures on this website. The staff was friendly and accommodating and gave us the option of using the hotel shuttle to go to the beach. As a visitor to the VA beach area, I did not feel unsafe or as if I was is a "bad" section of town. The area was quiet and there weren't people loitering on the premises. My rating---not bad, considering the price of the rooms.

• Stayed April 2006

76 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2006

hotel is superb.. we had ou best tiem.. excellnt front service.. we had couple of problems in rooms but they fixed it as soon as we let them know.. my wife and kids had a good time.. its near to beach.. giving u all the easy access to nearby attractions.. anyways its a nice place.. guys i am comign back...
thankyou

• Stayed April 2006
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2006

First, let me say that I have not stayed in this hotel, however, as a travel agent, I was invited by the staff to do a complete walk-through of the property before selecting a hotel for a Virginia Beach event we are planning this Summer. After reviewing the pictures and seeing other reviews, we had decided not visit the property. But after the other properties showed significant signs of beach wear and tear, we decided to give the Quality Inn Pavillion a shot. I WAS PLEASANTLY SURPRISED!!! They are currently in the midst of a MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR RENOVATION and the property looks really good. Nothing like the pictures above. All of the rooms have been renovated and they are almost done with the landscaping and exterior renovations. The rooms have all new furniture and soft goods and new carpet. The bathrooms have very nice granite showers inside. I was really impressed as I wasn't expecting this from a Quality Inn. And SURPRISE, SURPRISE!!! They have suites too! I couldn't believe it. The one and two bedroom suites come complete with full kitchens and living areas. The bathrooms in the suites are HUGE with jacuzzi like, marble bathtubs in some of them. My favorite was the one bedroom suite with the outter terrace, marble bathroom, and yes... a King Size Cherry Wood Sleigh Bed! If you're attending an event at the convention center, this is definitely the place to stay if you're looking for a clean, budget-friendly property. Don't get me wrong, it's not the Ritz Carlton, but for a Quality Inn, I was pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2006

I never stayed at this hotel. I was told by my friends that it was in a bad section of town, opened to the outside (with young girls in tow I don't feel that it is safe opening to the outside), and the hotel was poorly maintained. I chose to change my stay based on my friend's advice. I cancelled my reservation at 11PM Friday night before I was to arrive on Sat with a couple of 16 year old girls for a basketball tournament. I was told I could not cancel without a charge to my VISA card, and that the cancellation policy for the block of rooms was 72 hours. I checked with our team manager who originally held the rooms and she was not told of any 72 hour policy. There was never a signed contract to hold rooms, and when I gave my Visa number to confirm it 10 days prior - I was not told then that there was a 72 hour cancellation period. In fact less than 72 hours when I found out we were not playing until Sat AM and I didn't need to stay Friday night I called and cancelled Friday night no problem. that was Wed - less than 72 hours from Friday. The customer service was horrible - they charged my Visa and they were rude to boot. I will never stay there and I am writing the Va beach bball league to ask them never to patronazie this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2006
Germantown, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2005

Is there anyone here (at the lobby)???

I stayed at this place for one week, and i must say this place was as close as you can get to a disaster. First the room i rented had a broken air condition, okay i had to ask for another room at the lobby. Then at night they had these projector lights out in the parking lot that went right through the curtains couldn't get much sleep unless i turned away from the window... Then the forth day there was a teenage party that lasted all night, and when i finally went down to the lobby, there was nobody there to help so i had to call the police...I don't know about you but if you want Quality you better also be ready for trouble...Price was good, bed was well made and room was clean.

• Stayed September 2005
Fairfax, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2005

For short trip with my husband, we ended up at Quality Inn Pavilion for 1 night stay. This hotel is 5 long blocks away from the ocean so I recommend driving to beach with few dollars for public parking. I got this motel since I was looking for hotel at last minute and price couldn't be bit. They were having special for $85 in peak season. I was bit disappointed at first since we got a rear room on 1st floor but seeing people hanging out on the rail at night on above floors, I was glad that we got the bottom floor. Inside the room was spacious with updated bathroom. I am used to staying at better hotels but in this case, I simply got what I paid for. It will make a better stay if they can improve the outer appearance.

• Stayed August 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2005

We checked in and out within 15 minutes! The front office looked fine. We checked in-2 women and 2 young children. We were directed to the rear of the complex. What we found was astounding! Families were living in this hotel. A small child about 2, followed us to our room--no adult was even watching her. People were hanging off the railings and socializing. We were definitely in the ghetto. As soon as we entered our room, we noticed that there was no chain or other security-type lock on the door.
We also noted that a group of young men had collected around our car and were trying to view the contents.
I complained to the management who then told me there was a 3-day in advance cancellation policy (we had made the reservation that morning). I checked out immediately, but was billed the full amount for my room.
NEVER a "Quality" Inn again.

Been to Ambassadors Inn & Suites - Virginia Beach? Share your experiences!