“True Roach Motel!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn Virginia Beach

Save Saved
You added Rodeway Inn Virginia Beach to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn Virginia Beach
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1005 Pacific Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA 23451 (Northeast Virginia Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #88 of 115 hotels in Virginia Beach
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“True Roach Motel!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Our room had roaches. When I went to complain to the staff, I was told that they do not have a bug problem, but that housekeeping would be up to deal with the problem. An older lady came up to our room with a can of roach spray and killed several bugs. She left the can for us to use, which we did all night long. Needless to say we checked out first thing in the morning and found another hotel closer to the beach and it was cheaper! Stay here at your own risk!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

120 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

We checked in 08/04/12 and stays for 2 days. The staff at the font desk is outstanding. They gave me three room at the same floor and a baby crib for one room which make our stay comfortable. The price is very good for the location. Love the location, Love the staff, love the pool. But the building is very old need a lots to maintain.

• Stayed August 2012
Roanoke, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We checked in on a Tuesday afternoon and the room was hot. The air condition was not working properly but they neglected to tell us that. The hotel was full because it was the end of July so we could not get another room. The air conditioning was not fixed the entire time we were there. It was 100 degrees outside and not a whole lot cooler in the room. We were given 2 box fans. We could not afford to go to another hotel after they had charged my credit card for the 3 nights. The only things the maids did was empty the trash and bring us new towels. They never made the beds or cleaned anything. The kitchen only has a stove. No microwave and no way of cooking any real food. We had to go to the lobby to head anything up. The staff kept lying to us everyday about when the air conditioner would be fixed and they only gave me 10% off when I left. I had stayed at this hotel once before and it was several years ago and it was nice then. I dont know what has happened to this place but I will never stay here again or any other Rodeway Inn.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Virginia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

We went on family vacation with our 2yr old and 6yr old. We got a room with double beds and kitchen. The hotel was ok, a little shabby, rooms were a little run down minor things like paint chipping, pipes showing, leaking a/c, walls and funiture chiped and patched and old decor. Pool was nice, the staff stayed on top of cleaning it and checking PH levels while we were there, which is a high plus for me with young children in a public pool. Staff was very nice and helpful. The only problem we had were ants. first night we saw none, by morning they were all over the kitchen area. Sheets, and towels were clean. Beds were clear of any bugs, which i always check for. The price to stay there was definally not for the stay of high class its for location! You get what you pay for. But for us its was an over all good stay.

Room Tip: great for location, but very low class as far as decor or fancy staying. Great for single college ki...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
buckhannon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

we checked in late on a friday night, it was very hot and air conditioner was froze up and blew warm air it was leaking a large amount of water every where and was propt up by 2x4s. told my wife i would call in the morning about it so i did, we waited around for 8 hours and nobody showed up, i had to call again, the manager finnally came up i told him what is was doing and told him it was not working and we were hot, my baby and my wifes head was wet from sweat. the manger told me it was working and i said no its not and he got attitude with me and started walking away from me and i told him to look at my babys head it was wet with sweat, he yelled at me and told me theres nothing he could do so then i said either give me another room or i want my money back and he told me to pack it up and leave. also before that happened my wife fed my baby lunch and a half hour later ants had literally taken over the high chair. my wife also found her makeup bag full of ants, they were everywhere. the sheets on the bed were suppose to be white but had yellow stains all over them. the ceiling had pipes running across it. this place was absolutly 100 percent disguting and worst experience ever. not to mention i took my credit card down to get my money back on it and, they printed out a receipt saying my money was put back on the card, but guess what a week later i call the credit card company and he did not reemburse me my money, i had to explain to the company what had happened to get my money back, good thing i had proof. the manager there is absoluting rude and a crook. with that said im begging you please do not stay at this hotel it is terrible. the rooms reminded me of a run down new york city apartment with rats running every where.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Beverly Hills, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Room was full of ants. Refrigerator didn't work and had a rancid odor and was unusable. I had ordered a sandwich and chicken wings, and the ants got to them before I did. Pool was literally right outside my door, and the water kept splashing inside the room. Staff allowed other guests to stay late in the pool, which disturbed everyone else. Place is run down, filthy, and needs a complete renovation, management, and an owner who actually cares.

Room Tip: Tip to help other travelers choose a good room is to NOT stay here.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Havre de Grace, Maryland, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

When I walked into the shabby lobby I had a hunch what I was going to get in my room. Upon entering my room I found a large pile of ants feasting on something sticky on the kitchen floor. The bathroom was not very clean (some did a quick wipe down, no scrubbing), hair was plentiful in the shower, and the counters were thick with soap scum.

I used a towel and hot water to clean the counters, then I wiped up the sticky floor and got rid of the ants. Fortunately the linens and carpet were clean and after pulling sheets off the corners of the bed I found a clean mattress. Had I found bugs I would have left.

This place reminds me of a college friends efficiency apt he had in college - the price was cheap and the place was pretty shabby.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Rodeway Inn Virginia Beach? Share your experiences!