“I see why they call it budget hotel.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ocean Side Inn

and 1 more site!
You added Ocean Side Inn to your Saves list
Ocean Side Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA 23451-3609 (Formerly BEST WESTERN Beach Quarters Inn)   |
Ranked #105 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
“I see why they call it budget hotel.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

I mean yeah its dump, the shower wouldn't drain so u had to wash up in your on dirt with rings of dirt around your ankles when you get out, the mini fridge I think was the very first model of the mini fridge family. The A/C was great, the beds were old as crap, my back was killing me, there was a huge dip in the middle of the bed. The safe I think was the first model of it's family and didn't work, very friendly staff, never had breakfast they took it away b4 it was out, parking was tighter than camel toe, they did allow pets, the blankets were I think the first model of it's family 60's 70's maybe. Balcony was only for hanging your towels on.elevator was crazy slow, but we were on the 2 nd floor so got our cardio in the whole week. They did allow our dog
And I think they cleaned up after her cause her droppings seemed to be gone everyday, overall it wasn't worth 700 for 5 days cause when we would come back in the room my dog would be on the bed the carpet smelled also oh and the bathroom toilet wouldn't go down, over all terrible my two kids didn't mind they had fun, I would never stay again and my fiancé is on the same level as me so oh well.

• Stayed August 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

Ac barely worked, door to balcony would not come open with brute force and the shower.literally has no water pressure, its hardly more than a steady drip. The elevator is stuffy and small and slow, i was up at 9 am every morning and they already had taken away the breakfast. Bed was small but fairly comfortable. The parking is an utter joke. Overall they are just cheap but the kids had fun and thats all that matters.

• Stayed August 2011
Lexington, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Short notice for a quick vacation and i have to bring two dogs so after several no's...they said yes to our two dogs and only charged us for one.
The good: location, rooms were comfortable, good AC (it was 105 there) nice staff, has a toilet that wouldn't stop running...sent up a guy and it was fixed in no time.
The bad: $350 for 2 nights but it was peak time and they only charged us for one dog. very slow elevator took the stairs everyday. ok breakfast overall more good than bad.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

This is an average-quality motel with an excellent location (being less than 2 minute walk to the beach). The motel is overall not well-maintained: expect to see trash and cigarette butts in the aisles. Their breakfast is not that bad.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

The only good thing I have to say about this hotel is that it's reasonably priced and that it's close to the beach....that's it. The entire hotel is extremely outdated and very dirty. There are 10 parking spaces for 60 rooms, that's it. And the lot across the street for "extra parking" looks very unsafe. The rooms themselves are filthy; the plumbing barely works; the door to the "balcony" (which isn't even big enough to sit on) doesn't open; and we had to ask for new towels every day! Speaking of the balcony, ours was covered in cigarette butts! We had a "do not disturb sign" on the door with the door locked and the cleaning lady just barged in at 7:30 am!! So needless to say, the locks don't work. The one and only elevator is soooo slow and the floor in it was always full. I'm astonished that we didn't see roaches. We wanted to stay here because it was cheap and close to the beach but I would have rather spent a little more and stayed at another hotel. This one wasn't even worth the little money I did pay! Do not stay here, it will ruin your vacation.

• Stayed June 2011
Edinboro, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

Upon Arriving at the Budget Lodge At The Beach in Virginia Beach, Virginia, everything looked nice...

I went to rinse the sand off my feet in the tub, and it wouldn't drain, We got a cot for the 4th person that was with us and the thing stunk to high heavens! the blanket had blood stains on it so we asked for another blanket..the one the maid brought was even nastier...I opened the mini fridge and there was not only sand in the bottom of it but black mold as well..EWWW

We stayed a total of 4 nights and all though out our stay the room had a funky odor.. none of us are coffee drinkers but on the last day I thought it would be nice to have a cup before the long travel back home. The coffee maker was stuck so i had to have my partner help me open it..well I found out what the odor was..Moldy Coffee that had been in the coffee pot for god only knows how long to create a stink like that!

If all your looking for is someplace cheap & close to the beach this will do if you dont mind nasty..I mean REALLY NASTY!! someone should really look into this place!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Herndon, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

Okay, let me first let it be know that I am a former Marine and have slept in some the worst conditions you can imagine. Now with that said, I would put this hotel on the same plan as the jungles of Asia! First off, when we entered the room the initial thing that stood out was the family of flies circling the room over the “moistened” stained bed frames.
Rather, than take up an hour of your time ranting of all the problems I will simply list them out below……
· Mold in the Bathroom.
· And Shower control knob fell out of the wall and wife got sprayed
· A trickle of hot water
· When shower knob replaced…. IT STILL SPRAYED EVERYWHERE
· Never gained hot water, even with multiple complaints to front desk
· AC was barely able to keep the room at a cool temp.
· the grand finally: Being woken up at 2AM by two teenagers knocking on the door asking for the clothes they left in the room a few nights before..

All in all I can say yes they allow you stay with pets, but if you are staying in the room with them I would not consider it health nor a deal.
Traveler BEWARE

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Been to Ocean Side Inn? Share your experiences!