“va beach” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Center Inn

You added BEST WESTERN Center Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Center Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5718 Northampton Blvd, Virginia Beach, VA 23455 (Northwest Virginia Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #26 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Haymarket, Virginia
“va beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

even though we knew we would not be checking in until after the check in time of 1pm and we didn't arrive until 3am the next day we asked if we could get a later check out time, and we did. not sure what the policy is about that but did appreciate the extra hour. I though the staff was very friendly and helpful. If our travels ever take us back to the area we would stay there again

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

This was an excellent hotel. Me and my husband did not have to ask for anything. Hotel room was very clean and the staff was very friendly. We were on vacation and every time we left to go out we came back to a spotless room. The breakfast was pretty good as well, just a little early for the cut off time. I definitely recommend a stay in this hotel. It may not be directly at the beach and you have to drive, but it was worth the stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I think Best Western should not let its brand be associated with uncaring employees such as the one I encountered at the front desk here at Virginia Beach Center Inn. It brings down the reputation of the whole chain. I reserved a room in December of 2011 and my reservation was cancelled an hour before I arrived (at 4pm). My room was still available at 5pm but the woman at the front desk nonchalantly wanted to charge me almost double the price. While I was on the phone with the national office, the front desk clerk knew what I was doing and sold the room to another couple while I was on the phone in the lobby. I feel Best Western has the obligation to check the expiration date of the credit card and compare it on arrival and at the time a customer makes the reservation. Additionally, I think the manager (who went home for the day at 4pm) should leave a voicemail for passengers who may be on the road on the way to the hotel if there is a problem with a credit card. Please avoid this particular Best Western, especially if you intend to book your room early. No manager on site and lousy customer service on a Labor day holiday weekend - AVOID!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I always have a wonderful time at this hotel. I stay here at least once a month. I truly enjoy myself every time I stay at this property. This is a very quiet property and I love the location. The staff at this establishment is wonderful. I am in the hotel business and I travel to different hotels all the time, and I must say that I look for the customer service skills at the different properties that I travel to.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Very good value for the money, no 5 star, but accomodation, facilities, check in/front desk staff, housekeeping and snack room staff friendly and courteous. A reported room problem was attended to and fixed. Accessibility to restaurants, convenience stores, gas stations, tourist destinations easy. Security good.

Room Tip: Choose a ground floor room, no elevator for the second floor, do not expect much from fitness center...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
North Little Rock, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Check-in was a little difficult as the booking intermediary had a declined credit card. The only reason the clerk let me check-in was that I showed that my card had already posted the debit.

When we got up the next morning, my daughter found something crawling on her pillow. She squealed and smashed it. It was full of blood. She looked it up online and found it to be a bedbug. We decided that we could not stay there.

We called get-a-room.com, told them what happened and cancelled our stay. The phone clerk said she could not guarantee what or when I would be reimbursed. I stated that could be worked out later, I simply could not stay at a place with a bedbug. We took pictures and I carried the pillow with the smashed bedbug to the office for checkout. The clerk took two other clients before me, stating that my checkout would take more time.

She stated that in the 9 years she worked there, they have never had a bedbug; as a matter of fact they had "just been certified yesterday". I told her I should think she would be angry with the certification company since she had proof in her hand that they do have bugs. She checked me out and said she will call about a refund the next day (Monday).

I called get-a-room.com and they had talked with the Best Western manager. He denied that a bug had been found and stated that he had his maintenance people take the room apart and they found nothing, and he had rented the room out again already, and he was not going to return the money for the room.

I next told this person that I would give her company until 4 p.m. to give me satisfaction. If she was unable to accomplish this, I would have American Express rescind the transaction as unfulfilled, and get-a-room.com would be out the money. I also offered to send the pictures of the bedbug in question. Within 45 minutes the get-a-room.com representative called me back and said that her supervisor and the Best Western manager had agreed to refund 6 days of the seven charged.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
bwcenter, Public Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Center Inn, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Management and Staff here at the Best Western Center Inn would like to thank you for staying at our location.
We would first like to inform you that there were no bedbugs found in any of our rooms. We take this matter very seriously. Our in house exterminator as well as a certified exterminator have checked every single room to ensure that we have no such issues. We have certified letters to provide to you stating of no such problems.
We hope that you give us another chance, come visit us again and find things more to your satisfaction.
Fairfax, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

The first you should know is the location of the hotel is not exactly where your GPS, or google maps will take you. It's a bit awkward to get to the property coming off of the interstate. The signage on the main road, northampton, is small considering the other signage in the area. Once you find the hotel, you go down a fairly narrow street to the property. The parking of the hotel may look fairly small, and there is no direction on parking on the backside of the property. There indeed is parking, it's just not marked.

My checkin took about 15 minutes and there was no one in front of me. I actually felt bad for the rep waiting on me. She just didn't know what she was doing, and it was fairly obvious. I'm pretty patient, and I could have lashed out at her, but it was uncalled for. All in all, I stayed the night and walked out without paying for anything, since she made an error. I had to get a phone call two days later after I had already left the property asking for payment. Pretty embarrassing.

The wireless internet did not work at all. Regardless of timing. There were two workstations in the lobby, but one wasn't working and the other one the rep was using it to check her yahoo email, the two times I walked into the lobby. I guess they don't have access to the web behind the counter.

The room itself was clean, plenty of room the bed and decor were in good condition. No stains, or bugs, crumbs. Bathroom and bath was clean and there were plenty of towels and the like.

There are about six to eight food places including a Krispy Kreme down the street. Standard places.

Breakfast at the hotel in the morning was a pretty ugly scene. The space itself sits about 12 people max. While there we notice, two families and two men just taking whatever they could get their hands on and taking it with them. No napkins, or tongs, just grab and go. The bigger problem was there was literally just a few items to take, apples, bananas, walmart instant grits, and 6 mini bagels. They were gone in an instant, and we heard a member of the staff come out look and go, that's it. It was over. I think she was fed up with it.

All in all, there are plenty of places to stay in this general area. And it's likely most of them looked more appealing from the street than this place did.

Room Tip: Sometimes awards mean something, these 'director' awards from 2011, and the previous year me...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Center Inn? Share your experiences!