I stayed here and while the rooms are nice, the staff could care less about a huge group of teenage kids staying there the week I was there. One night I called the front desk at 12:30 AM to report that the kids were running up and down the hall, banging on each other's doors, screaming, etc. First of all, I could not get the front desk to even answer the phone while letting it ring up to 30 times. On the 4th call, I got someone to answer, and they said that yes, there is a large group of unchaperoned teenage kids staying there, and there is nothing that they can do about it!! Finally, at 2:30 AM in the morning I called again, and someone else answered, said they had gotten some complaints and "security was on their way". Well, 30 minutes later (3 AM) security showed up, and told them to be quiet.
The next morning, I checked out early, after finding another hotel - and at the front desk they gave me an argument - saying "what do you expect in the summer at the beach"? I was here on business, adn this hotel is not at the beach anyway, it is a mile from it. You come to a hotel to sleep, but this place seems to think that doesn't matter. I have written a letter to Hilton to complain about this place and their staff who seems to care less about the individual traveler, then making sure they are getting revenue from large groups of travelers. For one thing, in the room across from me, I could see at least 6 people were staying in it, which would seem to be overcrowding.
If you want to sleep, stay away from here in the summer. Security - if they actually walked the halls, would have observed the zoo that was going on starting at midnight and continuing until 2:30 AM in the morning, when the front desk sort of brushed it off as nothing that they could do about it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The DoubleTree by Hilton Virginia Beach is perfectly located adjacent to the Virginia Beach Convention Center in the resort area of Virginia Beach. The Hotel is just eight blocks from the sand and surf of the beautiful Virginia Beach Oceanfront and Boardwalk. Our newly-appointed, spacious guestrooms set us apart from the others, and feature all the comforts of home with a long list of amenities to include Neutrogena products. For your convenience, we have upgraded the high-speed Internet access that is available in all guestrooms and meeting rooms. Enjoy a workout in our Precor® Fitness Center, take a dip in the indoor pool or sunbathe on our sundeck. Our on-site Max & Erma's Restaurant is ready to serve you from sunrise to sundown. Whether you visit for business, vacation or getaway weekend, our friendly, helpful staff at the Doubletree Hotel Virginia Beach looks forward to welcoming you with our special, signature warm chocolate chip cookie at check-in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Virginia Beach Hotel Virginia Beach
- Doubletree Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Doubletree