My husband & I stayed at the Doubletree with our 8-month old infant the weekend of June 23rd. I'll admit I was terrified.... I'd read the reviews only after I'd blindly booked the hotel through a discount travel website. I always read others' reviews, but have never written one until now. I felt compelled to because the bad reviews are not deserved.
We were satisfied with the Doubletree and felt it met our expectations of a 3-star hotel. We'd definitely stay again based on our experience.
Since I phoned the hotel in advance, they were very accomodating regarding the baby (non-smoking room, refrigerator already in place, advised to bring own portable play pen since they were in high demand). After a late night drive, we were welcomed with warm cookies and a very friendly and helpful front-desk staff. The bed was EXTREMELY comfortable and had "good" linens, which is important to me. I also had to make a late-night run for medicaton during our stay, and again the night staff at the front desk (especially John) was very helpful. The room was always cleaned to our satisfaction and we were not disturbed unnecessarily. The hotel was about an 8 minute drive to the beach, and we actually preferred not staying right in the midst of all that noise and confusion.
I can only comment on the room & general appearance of the lobby area, because we spent most of our time at the beach/sightseeing, so did not use the hotel's amenities (restaurant, etc.).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The DoubleTree by Hilton Virginia Beach is perfectly located adjacent to the Virginia Beach Convention Center in the resort area of Virginia Beach. The Hotel is just eight blocks from the sand and surf of the beautiful Virginia Beach Oceanfront and Boardwalk. Our newly-appointed, spacious guestrooms set us apart from the others, and feature all the comforts of home with a long list of amenities to include Neutrogena products. For your convenience, we have upgraded the high-speed Internet access that is available in all guestrooms and meeting rooms. Enjoy a workout in our Precor® Fitness Center, take a dip in the indoor pool or sunbathe on our sundeck. Our on-site Max & Erma's Restaurant is ready to serve you from sunrise to sundown. Whether you visit for business, vacation or getaway weekend, our friendly, helpful staff at the Doubletree Hotel Virginia Beach looks forward to welcoming you with our special, signature warm chocolate chip cookie at check-in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Hilton Hotels so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Virginia Beach Hotel Virginia Beach
- Doubletree Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Doubletree