We stayed here for one night, April 19, 2013. The hotel was being renovated, but it wasn’t too much of a bother. One observation regarding the parking lot; they seem to have an excessive amount of handicapped parking spaces. Not a big deal, but most were empty. I guess I was more aware of this because in the regular parking, someone had rudely taken up more than one parking space.
The staff was friendly and we had no problems with our reservation. We were given warm chocolate cookies at check-in and also at check-out - delicious! The lobby was clean and elevator location is central and away from the rooms – nice!
We stayed on the top floor which is supposedly a VIP floor. When we exited the elevator on the 12th floor, we were hit by a wave of hot humid air. Maybe it was due to the construction, so I can forgive that. Our room temperature was fine, but I was surprised to find adjoining room doors on both sides of our room. My major complaint is that we could clearly hear our neighbors’ TVs and their every cough and sneeze. I’m not sure if it was due to all the doors or the thin walls. We also clearly heard every word spoken in the hallway.
I’m sure it was just coincidence, but the ice machine on our floor was broken. I wouldn’t have minded as much if it weren’t for the super-slow elevators. I called the elevator and waited and waited, then took it down one floor to get ice. When I called for the elevator to go back up, I waited and waited again. It seems all the elevators return to the first floor after every trip.
The bed was more of a hammock than a bed. It was ridiculously soft to the point of being a bit uncomfortable. Pillows were down-type so they squished flat when you put your head down. The bathroom was clean and in good repair as well as the rest of the room.
We had breakfast at Max and Erma’s, the restaurant in the hotel. The food was ok, service was a bit slow and strange. Our waitress was either having a bad day or just wasn’t too bright. Nothing horrible, but it just added to the overall mediocre feel of this particular stay.
Maybe after their renovations there will be more to write about, but for the moment, the Double Tree is just an average to below average hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The DoubleTree by Hilton Virginia Beach is perfectly located adjacent to the Virginia Beach Convention Center in the resort area of Virginia Beach. The Hotel is just eight blocks from the sand and surf of the beautiful Virginia Beach Oceanfront and Boardwalk. Our newly-appointed, spacious guestrooms set us apart from the others, and feature all the comforts of home with a long list of amenities to include Neutrogena products. For your convenience, we have upgraded the high-speed Internet access that is available in all guestrooms and meeting rooms. Enjoy a workout in our Precor® Fitness Center, take a dip in the indoor pool or sunbathe on our sundeck. Our on-site Max & Erma's Restaurant is ready to serve you from sunrise to sundown. Whether you visit for business, vacation or getaway weekend, our friendly, helpful staff at the Doubletree Hotel Virginia Beach looks forward to welcoming you with our special, signature warm chocolate chip cookie at check-in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Orbitz, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Virginia Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Virginia Beach Hotel Virginia Beach
- Doubletree Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Doubletree